Joe Willock

7 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Miley and Jo to return over the next couple of weeks?

Feels like we'll try to keep Willock going until we get more back.

Not sure where you got that from - both are out until mid-May.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

If the club got an offer of £40m+, would you sell?

Without a doubt. No one will offer that much so it’s rather pointless. I’d sell him for 35 even, easily. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Yes, would love him to succeed with us but can he realistically regain full health and give us 30+ games a season, I’m not convinced. 

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Made this point the other week. He's in the sweet spot for selling.

He's not crucial to our success, like a Bruno etc but he's actually a player other clubs would look at and is worth some money.

I could see a scenario where a Fulham, West Ham, Brighton would look at Willock for around the 25m mark and think it's a good deal and for that money... with our FFP needs... it would be hard to turn down.

Before anyone jumps on my back, I like Willock, I'd be sad to see him go but that's life. We are also fairly stacked in midfield.

Sort of pleased with this. Hope he gets all the time and support he needs to be his old self in time for next pre season. He never looked happy with himself on this latest return. Although it was brief, I remember him being much snappier - esp. mentally - when he came back around Man United in the league cup.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Made this point the other week. He's in the sweet spot for selling.

He's not crucial to our success, like a Bruno etc but he's actually a player other clubs would look at and is worth some money.

I could see a scenario where a Fulham, West Ham, Brighton would look at Willock for around the 25m mark and think it's a good deal and for that money... with our FFP needs... it would be hard to turn down.

Before anyone jumps on my back, I like Willock, I'd be sad to see him go but that's life. We are also fairly stacked in midfield.

He would be but I imagine this season's injuries have shattered his potential value in a sale. Quite possibly better off hanging onto him therefore.

It's been a very bad year for the valuations of most of our squad. Pretty much everyone has gone significantly down except the three players we desperately don't want to lose. Gordon, Isak and Bruno, to be specific. Off the top of my head you could throw in Miley and probably Anderson and Livramento just about.

I'd keep him like. After the first choice CMs he is the first reserve in terms of quality. He was rushed back this season due to the injury crisis and has paid for it. Hopefully back for the start of next season?

He's got a highly temperamental injury and we have Anderson back, with Joelinton back in light training again. It's the correct decision.

As gutted as I am for Willock, I'm excited to see what Anderson can do for the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

After Bruno, he's our best midfielder with the ball at his feet.

Doesn’t say a lot really. When Tonali gets going next season he will be second best. Imo we need to improve our midfield in the sense of better technical ability. That’s why I want one in. Preferably an attacking one with ball carrying ability too. Not a player that is limited apart from when in transitions. 

Edited by Ikon

42 minutes ago, STM said:

Genuinely pleased we've taken this decision. Would rather have 100% Willock next season.

Yep. We're going to start (or just about in Tonali's case) next season with Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Miley, & Anderson all (fingers crossed) fully fit and ready to go. From no one to an actual selection headache.