Joe Willock

How long do we give him though? Like he’s basically missed all of last season.

I’m going to put that more on our much maligned medical team who seem to have made poor judgement calls with pretty much every player with a long term injury.. those changes in personnel are something I wanna see as much as new signings to be honest.

But with the time he’s had off, we’re expecting him to be back now.. if he misses most of this season again then I’m afraid that’s probably it for him.

A loan abroad would probably do him good, slower league etc where he can build himself back up.

If he’s starting from zero trying to get up to Howe’s expected fitness levels, something is gonna give.

If he misses most of next season then he's probably cooked, yes, but we're not there yet. He's had a long summer off, hopefully he's put work in and is raring to go next month.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

How long do we give him though?

Give him next season for sure. But if he cant stay fit and cant be trusted its over.

If he's not fit to take part in the bulk of pre season he'll struggle for consistency until at least Christmas. If he takes part in pre season he'll be class for us this season. Genuinely believe he's he midfielder we missed the most this season. 

Edited by M1tche

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, madras said:

I heard he made it to the upstairs toilet last week.

Then fell down the stairs coming back and broke every bone in his body.

Edited by Scoot

2 hours ago, madras said:

I heard he made it to the upstairs toilet last week.

He did make it upstairs but didn't quite make the toilet, poor bairn :(

• 2 weeks later...

Has some good moments but was still rusty. The issue we have is that without Bruno, we don’t have a midfielder with the technical ability to dictate the tempo. 

On 18/07/2024 at 18:46, GeordieDazzler said:

He was fucking mint in 22/23. Add so much to our play. Looking forward to the Big Joe Little Joe rotation and his wicked balls to Isak. 

That Ball for Isak with the outside of the boot, sublime.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

That Ball for Isak with the outside of the boot, sublime.

He absolutely loves that move. Same against Spurs when we demolished them. 

A fit and firing Willock is such an asset to this team 

Pleasantly surprised to see him involved in pre-season tbh. For some reason I thought he was still about a month off being anywhere near playing.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Pre injury 2 seasons ago there wasn’t an English all action box to box midfielder in better form. 

This. Shearer missed getting on for two seasons because of two injuries. People talk shite. Willock was central in keeping us up when he came on loan. 

image.thumb.png.7b34911be50b84b9d1260b82724b38f3.png

For those who think he's intrinsically injury prone. It's a big season for him to prove he's sorted out, but it's not like he's always been like this.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

image.thumb.png.7b34911be50b84b9d1260b82724b38f3.png

For those who think he's intrinsically injury prone. It's a big season for him to prove he's sorted out, but it's not like he's always been like this.

Tbf though, how often did he actually play at the top level for Arsenal? He's obviously going to avoid injuries if he's not playing as much.

However I really do hope he's just been unlucky and he isn't Wilson in midfield form.

6 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Tbf though, how often did he actually play at the top level for Arsenal? He's obviously going to avoid injuries if he's not playing as much.

However I really do hope he's just been unlucky and he isn't Wilson in midfield form.

Sure but we're still essentially talking about one shit season in a career, in a season where a suspiciously large number of his teammates went down and stayed down with reaggravated injuries too. Botman's record is going to look awful by Christmas too.

Just seems unfair to single out Willock as being cooked when we've got players like Targett around.