Joe Willock

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

They were fine for a season and a half previously, unless they've developed abnormally since then.

It's kind of strange how much stress his body was put under during 22/23 without getting injured at all until the end. I suppose that getting 2 longer injuries in a row can make you more fragile in general? For example WIlson never really got injured until he suffered 2 serious knee injuries in a row aged 23-24. Even after that he missed 1 game between the end of 2017 and january 2019, and by then he was 27. After this the muscle injuries started piling up.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

It's kind of strange how much stress his body was put under during 22/23 without even getting injured at all until the end. I suppose that getting 2 longer injuries in a row can make you more fragile in general? For example WIlson never really got injured until he suffered 2 serious knee injuries in a row aged 23-24.

Yeah I guess wear and tear is a thing. Hopefully it was just an impact injury and his body is actually well mended after such a long layoff.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Yeah I guess wear and tear is a thing. Hopefully it was just an impact injury and his body is actually well mended after such a long layoff.

It's likely turned gangrenous, condidered a medical impossibility given the injury, but compounded with additional Ebola virus

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Some player this lad. My anus twitches every time he breaks out into a sprint, mind.

Missed him absolutely rinsing people on the breakaway. Dangles the yellow in front of the full back and asks them to take it. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s a better footballer than Big Joe. 

The most impressive CM today.  Wouldn’t start him next game though.  Let’s take it easy. 

This. 

Brings others alive i feel.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s a better footballer than Big Joe. 

The most impressive CM today.  Wouldn’t start him next game though.  Let’s take it easy. 

Yep. Technically he's on a different level, and his pace burns teams too. He hasn't been on the pitch much this season, but our football has been 100% better when he is.

I thought he was brilliant. So glad to see him back. 

That said. He does still feel a bit positionless to me? I can’t see him starting many games in our strongest XI. But at the same time, we need him getting good minutes. 

Left CM for sure. Could probably do a job as a number 10 but we don't play a formation that enables that 

It's between him and Joelinton for that left CM slot. It's been a while since Willock has had a run of games, but I do think he is better than Joelinton at most things going forward, especially when we are in possession 

Joelinton is better defensively and is also a good target man for going long from goal kicks or when we want to beat the press etc. 

Nice to have both of them imo

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he was brilliant. So glad to see him back. 

That said. He does still feel a bit positionless to me? I can’t see him starting many games in our strongest XI. But at the same time, we need him getting good minutes. 

Our best midfield 3 is undoubtedly Bruno, Tonali and Willock, but we've got to treat him with kid gloves, Big Joe is an amicable stand in with Willock getting minutes when we need to up the tempo.

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Left CM for sure. Could probably do a job as a number 10 but we don't play a formation that enables that 

It's between him and Joelinton for that left CM slot. It's been a while since Willock has had a run of games, but I do think he is better than Joelinton at most things going forward, especially when we are in possession 

Joelinton is better defensively and is also a good target man for going long from goal kicks or when we want to beat the press etc. 

Nice to have both of them imo

He did have a really good understanding with Big Joe in the CL qualification season.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He did have a really good understanding with Big Joe in the CL qualification season.

Yeah they were absolutely quality, and both bulletproof that season too unlike now 

Kind of sad we will likely never see it again, understandably since we have Barnes and Gordon there