Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it was a bad one to be fair. It was about as well timed as possible I guess as he would've lost half a season otherwise... But a real shame nonetheless.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

He's turning into a forgotten man for me, which is wild because he's a reliable finish away from being a fucking monster.

Same goes for Longstaff to be fair.

We have a very strong midfield.

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

He's turning into a forgotten man for me, which is wild because he's a reliable finish away from being a fucking monster.

We’re starting to get some good depth. Really hope he gets some decent game time. 

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

Still think we need a little bit more in midfield. We’ll see how Tonali gets on but I still worry about us breaking down certain teams.

Suddenly seems like we're getting flooded with midfielders now, with Miley, Anderson and Gordon coming along nicely, in addition to the arrival of Tonali and Barnes. Plus the likes of Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and even more.

It seems likely someone will be the odd man out at some stage over the next 12 months, especially if we're intending on making any further upgrades here in that time. It won't be an easy one as they're all likeable. Who do we imagine it'll be?

As you'll guess from my thread bump, I'll predict Willock, partly for off the field reasons e.g. Longstaff being more heartbroken to leave the area than Willock would be. It should be a fascinating contest to watch though with everyone hopefully pushing eachother to new heights.

28 minutes ago, 80 said:

Suddenly seems like we're getting flooded with midfielders now, with Miley, Anderson and Gordon coming along nicely, in addition to the arrival of Tonali and Barnes. Plus the likes of Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and even more.

It seems likely someone will be the odd man out at some stage over the next 12 months, especially if we're intending on making any further upgrades here in that time. It won't be an easy one as they're all likeable. Who do we imagine it'll be?

As you'll guess from my thread bump, I'll predict Willock, partly for off the field reasons e.g. Longstaff being more heartbroken to leave the area than Willock would be. It should be a fascinating contest to watch though with everyone hopefully pushing eachother to new heights.

Willock's chemistry with Isak guarantees him a place, imo.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Willock's chemistry with Isak guarantees him a place, imo.

Been a big boost for him definitely. Key thing for Willock is to sort out his goalscoring. That's a career changer for him if he does it. But who the hell makes way then? :lol:

Seems like someone's nose is going to be put out of joint/development is going to be hindered somewhere or other.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Been a big boost for him definitely. Key thing for Willock is to sort out his goalscoring. That's a career changer for him if he does it. But who the hell makes way then? :lol:

Seems like someone's nose is going to be put out of joint/development is going to be hindered somewhere or other.

:lol: It's an absolute rich mans problem. There will be nights where we need Joe to be a tank on the left and we can go Bruno - Tonali - Willock in some capacity.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

:lol: It's an absolute rich mans problem. There will be nights where we need Joe to be a tank on the left and we can go Bruno - Tonali - Willock in some capacity.

But we're never the same without unsung hero Longstaff right?

Never been so spoilt for choice :laugh: