Joe Willock

Willock has come on leaps and bounds under Eddie Howe and co and he's still only 23 years old and starting to show why he was bought. He's becoming a better version of a team player each time he puts on a Newcastle shirt.

The lad's been class this season and would look even better if it wasn't for a number of other players who have also been class.

The only thing stopping Joe Willock from getting the player of the match was the absolute immense display of Joelinton, imo.

It says a lot about this team when two players who score two goals each aren't nominated ahead, such is the overall quality coming to the fore by a lot of players.

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Him and Schar are criminally underrated by the general public.

Neither fit the general narrative of money being the reason for the turnaround, as both play in a position that has seen a £30m+ signing come in. 

Absolutely loved that pass, it never gets old watching it. The vision and the execution were superb. 

We should do some polls at the end of the season - best win, best goal, best assist etc. Best meme as well, all the nominations doubtless being Meme Machine Murphy. 

I think it's only a matter of time now tbh. Southgate has his favourites and doesn't come to Newcastle enough, but I think with Jones, Ashcroft, Trippier, and Wilson here, Willock's brilliant form and the alternative's non-existent form, he'll be impossible to ignore. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

Absolutely loved that pass, it never gets old watching it. The vision and the execution were superb. 

We should do some polls at the end of the season - best win, best goal, best assist etc. Best meme as well, all the nominations doubtless being Meme Machine Murphy. 

I've just been thinking about this. 

I definitely think there needs to be a separation between favourite player of the season as well as a best player of the season as well. e.g. I can't say Willock's been our best player this season, but he's definitely been my favourite.

45 minutes ago, TRC said:

Did not think he had the ability to do that. The technique was ridiuculous, but the fact ti was first time, in his own half is mental.

Actually seen glimpses of outrageous skill all season tbh, it's one of the reasons I was never that critical, even when he's been missing chances. At least once a game he will do something jaw-droppingly good, whether it's a reverse pass, dummy or just an absolute pearler of a ball like yesterday. It doesn't always come off, but Howe is clearly encouraging him to express himself and he's not far off becoming an outstanding talent. What Howe has drilled into him is incredible work rate which means he's an asset even when he's not making every pass or shot.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think it's only a matter of time now tbh. Southgate has his favourites and doesn't come to Newcastle enough, but I think with Jones, Ashcroft, Trippier, and Wilson here, Willock's brilliant form and the alternative's non-existent form, he'll be impossible to ignore. 

Ashworth, mate.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

@HollowayStill think he's overrated or underrated?

I'll give you that one,you called it early. I've always recognised his qualities,but did think he was prone to switching off too often when it may have been just the style he has.He's becoming top drawer,and if he can bring a bit more composure to his finishing what a player we have on our hamds

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I was so frustrated with him at one point earlier in the season, but he’s becoming one of my favorites. 

That was is one of the best things I’ve ever seen a Newcastle player do.

I'm not sure I ever said it on here but I've described him in the past as a "nothing player" - he didn't create, he didn't tackle, he didn't run, once the goals dried up in the second season he didn't score either. He didn't seem to have any particular role to play.

Thankfully he (& Eddie) have made me look a proper chump.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm not sure I ever said it on here but I've described him in the past as a "nothing player" - he didn't create, he didn't tackle, he didn't run, once the goals dried up in the second season he didn't score either. He didn't seem to have any particular role to play.

Thankfully he (& Eddie) have made me look a proper chump.

"Let's play" didn't work for him :lol: