Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

What will his excuses be tonight?

He'll be highly disappointed with the performance of his players and they'll certainly be told in no uncertain terms it's not good enough.

Something along those lines.

Too little too late. But they have to sack him if we are to have any chance whatsoever of staying up.

Problem is. It’ll only be Jones. Who seems equally as out of his depth. Insisting on this formation, without the players to make it work or any flexibility to change it. No way is Bruce doing it. He would be chopping and changing every couple of games trying to get a result.

They both seem fucking useless, to be honest.

Guest reefatoon

All these dick head reporters and pundits now changing their tune I see. Something we could all see from day one yet got slated for it. They can all fuck off.

The whole thing is sickening enough but you just know, behind the scenes, as soon as he's laid off the fucking wretched, useless, cabbage headed prick will be rubbing his greasy fat palms together, knowing he's conned another payout out of a club. Steve Bruce, the biggest fraud in football.

every fucking team has injuries. every fucking team. thats no excuse.

hendrick, joelinton, shelvey.... the dont pick themselves. if bruce is pissed off with the Longstaff family, even matt ritchie would do a better job in midfield than hendrick.

and you have a manager who seems to big up every fucking team we play even if they're stranded at the bottom f the table and odd on to go down.

that kind of negativity transmits it self to the players.

this and brentford have to be the 2 shittest performances of the season.

What’s the end game here for the club in all of this though.

The bastard stays, we get relegated. He goes now and we are still relegated because they have left this too late for it to matter. I just cannot fathom how stupid this whole situation is.

every f***ing team has injuries. every f***ing team. thats no excuse.

hendrick, joelinton, shelvey.... the dont pick themselves. if bruce is p*ssed off with the Longstaff family, even matt ritchie would do a better job in midfield than hendrick.

and you have a manager who seems to big up every f***ing team we play even if they're stranded at the bottom f the table and odd on to go down.

that kind of negativity transmits it self to the players.

this and brentford have to be the 2 shittest performances of the season.

This is so much worse than Brentford. We had some chances in that game and were not totally outplayed like tonight. There’s many more examples since he took charge of terrible performances that are missed off the list because we managed to scrap a win or draw

What’s the end game here for the club in all of this though.

The bastard stays, we get relegated. He goes now and we are still relegated because they have left this too late for it to matter. I just cannot fathom how stupid this whole situation is.

He did the same thing the previous two relegations.

Bloke is a proven flop. How anyone in the sports press thought this isn’t where we would end up is beyond me.

The sports press are from the same era as dinosaurs like Bruce so not that surprising really.

At least the desperate leech is being humiliated for the whole country to see I suppose. No spinning this now.

:thup: I take a fair amount of solace from it tbh. Part of my hatred was built on the Pardew era-style love-in and associated smugness that came with any vaguely positive turn. Have enjoyed the constant feeling of vindication particularly this calendar year. Just hope it doesn't come at the expense of a takeover.

This might just be the most pathetic state I have ever witnessed our club in. What hurts the most is not the fact that we got rid of a world class manager for Steve fucking Bruce. It's not the notion that Rafa was assembling a noticeable spine for a team for the first time in ages which Bruce and Ashley collectively threw out the window managing to spend vast amounts of money in the process. What leaves me most bitter is this crony carousel of ex-managers, players and press telling us repeatedly what a wonderful job Bruce is doing, how fortunate we are having him and what spoilt brats us fans are for wanting something more. Anyone with half a brain can gather that all these dickheads riding the carousel have the same vested interests and would never dare to criticize one another too harshly. It's just jobs for the boys and it could as well have been me. Yet this isn't confronted. So amazingly English. It's the same reason that England has barely had a world class manager for 40 odd years (SBR probably the only one) and it's not changing any time soon. When was the last time an English manager won the league? How many times has an English manager finished in the top 4 for the last 30 years? When was the last time an English manger won the CL? Or reached a CL semi final? And don't you dare use Scotland as a crutch. Not being English I don't mind this carousel existing but making NUFC taking repeated rides on it is just moronic. Please just curl up and fucking die Mike Ashley.

Mark Douglas and co can get to absolute fuck like.

Crawling out the woodwork now it’s too late. Fucking parasites.

Absolutely, their comments have made me most angry tonight, the majority have blood on their hands imo

We had a manager who got league safety out of a championship side, we refused to back him, he left. We brought in Steve fucking Bruce, gave him £100m and find ourselves here. The fans knew it from the start, what feasible reason could the owner possibly have to wreck the potential of a decent return on his original investment if he was actually wanting something from it? It beggars belief that this club could be so badly run from the very top, through the chairman, down to the coach. There would be more success from chimpanzee!