Do you plan to return to St. James Park when allowed?

astraguy

Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

To be fair, there was a clearly audible "he's got a big fat head" chant in the first half followed by a Rafa chant. That'll have genuinely wound him up. 

Was by a small section and never sustained. Absolutely pathetic. Wish those 10k could just have the club we are now, forever.

Just now, samptime29 said:

Like Spurs? [emoji38][emoji38]

i included them because they booed at half time and have at least pushed on in ashleys time,Bacon will go home and dip his cock in apple pie because he wasn't expecting that 

bruce was loudly booed by the gallowgate end on the lap of honour.

yes i went. my kids really missed going to games and i wasnt going to say no when they pleaded to go.

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

bruce was loudly booed by the gallowgate end on the lap of honour.

yes i went. my kids really missed going to games and i wasnt going to say no when they pleaded to go.

Oooh my kids asked so I had to say yes...pathetic.

You say yes to you're kids fir everything? 

Very pleased to hear that. Very surprised also. 

And I don't envy you the kids thing. I'm desperate for Ashley to have fucked off by the time I have sentient children. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

How did it feel? 

All round? Strange experience, like a cup game in numbers, but with a better atmosphere (where i was anyway) because people were pleased to be back. 

Obviously we didn't play well, but i think Bruce definitely knows, if he didn't already, that the fans aren't happy. Problem is i don't think him or his bosses care either way. 

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

Don't begrudge anyone going to a match after so long away but Bruce got away Scott free today and that's unacceptable, not only the smallest of dissent but some actually cheered the clown. 

Are you surprised? The fans that were there today represent about 80% of our fanbase now. Just happy to be in the ground no matter how shit we are. Let Ashley completely take the piss and do nothing about it as they're supporting the team not the regime. We have a pathetic fanbase who have got the club they deserve.

Edited by Scoot

12 minutes ago, Slim said:

Oooh my kids asked so I had to say yes...pathetic.

You say yes to you're kids fir everything? 

yes if its in my power, and i feel they appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

All round? 

No, booing Steve. If there's anything I'm jealous about when it comes to not attending the game or contributing to the continued downfall of the club, it's not having the opportunity to do that! 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No, booing Steve. If there's anything I'm jealous about when it comes to not attending the game or contributing to the continued downfall of the club, it's not having the opportunity to do that! 

Again it's strange. No doubt he deserves it, but it was strange cos he's managed to avoid it so far with no one being there previously. Plenty there let him know what they thought of him after the match though, anyone saying different isn't telling the truth. It's good in a way, because it's shown that people haven't been bought off by a couple of good recent results. 

I don't know why anyone turning up would boo. They have accepted their lot by still going and deserve all the shit football served up. They know it won't get any better and are paying for that product, no point complaining about it.

21 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

I don't know why anyone turning up would boo. They have accepted their lot by still going and deserve all the shit football served up. They know it won't get any better and are paying for that product, no point complaining about it.

Support the team not reejeem

Our fans do have very short memories, this team had only won 2 games out of 20 i believe, from December to April  ? and now they have won 4 out of 7 and all of a sudden the mood is positive again, everything is rosy in the garden ... don't get me wrong I do understand why people went, I understand after the 14 or so months we have had, the thought  of going to see a live match and all the perks that go with it, pre match pint, bite to eat, friends etc...  but today, seeing fans dance and sing as we limped to a 1-0 defeat against the worst team in the league with Steve Bruce's big smug head, and the commentators  slabbering  about how the "fans are behind the team" and how we've "turned it around".

In the years  I have been following the club like everyone else I have seen some absolute shite,  but some of the results and performances this year take the biscuit, Brighton and Sheffield United  away where probs the 2 worst, then that quarter  final against  Brentford, a win against  championship opposition, which would of taken us to our 1st semi final in 16 years,

I just feel that what I seen today, from the stands, along with the news about the take over yesterday  and the PL having until July now, it just  feels like we're in for another summer of signing the likes of Jeff hendrick, then we'll come in to the new season with Ashley  still in charge and Bruce still the manager, and it will be rinse and repeat, people sitting in the stands, just happy for a day out whilst the owner and manager  are delighted that we have finished  17th, 

I look at man utd  2 weeks ago with their protests, arsenal had there's a few weeks ago to, I remember west ham fans invading the pitch, or the directors box a few years ago, and that made  their owners spend money,  the liverpool fans think it was 15/16 they were playing the Mackems, and they done a planned walk out after so many minutes due to ticket prices going  up, and after that they stayed the same price, 

I'm not saying for the supporters to resort to thuggery, but I remember years ago there was no one better than creating a toxic atmosphere than  us, I remember  in the 06/07 season when we played Sheffield United on the  Saturday,  after less than 48 hours after we played in Italy in the Ufea Cup, when we where beat by Sheffield utd, and the atmosphere during and after  the game was mad, when a few thousand stood outside calling for Freddy Shepherd to go, or the 07/08 season when we where beat 3-0 by Liverpool, the abuse directed to big sam was amazing, and of course the game after keegan left against Hull... 

Its just makes me sad now the way I feel 

6 hours ago, jonbobson said:

"We"?

What an insufferable whingey moaning twat you are like.

Play the big man "I don't give a fuck" 

Yet sit on this forum all night slating others. 

Why the personal bad language? You do know its not allowed dont you? Twice you have done it now just because I have an opinion on a "fan" like you. Am I under your skin?

Thats how it should of been,made the headlines because one player wants to leave and they haven't got to the heights they see fit, but we're happy to stay up and pay uncle Ashley to party if we do

29 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Thats how it should of been,made the headlines because one player wants to leave and they haven't got to the heights they see fit, but we're happy to stay up and pay uncle Ashley to party if we do

To be fair Spurs lost and were very shit that game.  If we had not won probably would been more booooos

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

To be fair Spurs lost and were very shit that game.  If we had not won probably would been more booooos

Spurs fans now believe they belong in the top tier, the club's started to sightly pull back compared to ours they were always going to boo win draw or lose 

I've got no ill feelings to those that went to the game. In the circumstances who can blame them. For the same reason I can understand wanting to show appreciation to the players in the final game of the season, we've all been there in the good times, and it's a fantastic experience.

But to applaud Steve Bruce is just inexcusable. Are we sure he didn't just walk 5 paces behind ASM?

I just feel that expectations have been so successfully eroded over the last 14 years that a sizeable chunk of our fans are happy to see us battle to finish above 16th and see it as some sort of success. 

Fans in their early 20s there last night will have only really known the Ashley era. It’s just what you grow up with affects your view for the rest of your life I suppose. I grew up with us regularly in the top 6 so that’s still how I view us. The longer he stays and the longer this goes on the higher percentage of the fanbase we will have who are content with coming 14th-17th.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Guest neesy111
9 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I just feel that expectations have been so successfully eroded over the last 14 years that a sizeable chunk of our fans are happy to see us battle to finish above 16th and see it as some sort of success. 

Fans in their early 20s there last night will have only really known the Ashley era. It’s just what you grow up with affects your view for the rest of your life I suppose. I grew up with us regularly in the top 6 so that’s still how I view us. The longer he stays and the longer this goes on the higher percentage of the fanbase we will have who are content with coming 14th-17th.

Yeah this is a good point.