Do you plan to return to St. James Park when allowed?

astraguy

Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?

• Yes
    • No

Said I was done when we lost 3-2 at home to Oxford in 1989. Whilst Whitley Bay were winning in the FA Cup against Preston. Never went to a Whitley Bay match and twenty years later had been to over a thousand more NUFC games.

But, with the exception of the European Games, since I said I was done until he's gone, haven't been back for over a decade now. So I know I won't be back until he's gone.

Even If we could reduce the 10k attendance to even 5k on the final day would send a huge message,Sadly though i believe we'll flog them in seconds and the muppets will go back season after season moaning about the same old shit and thats the reason he brought us and refuses to sell until he gets that pretty bonus 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Care to say why? 

I might have done yeah, but it's pretty clear from the nature of the other replies on this thread that the sole purpose of it being posted is to encourage a pile on onto anyone who dares attend a game, so I'll not bother. 

17 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

I might have done yeah, but it's pretty clear from the nature of the other replies on this thread that the sole purpose of it being posted is to encourage a pile on onto anyone who dares attend a game, so I'll not bother. 

Well yeah, because you're actively contributing to the club being a stale pile of shite.

Howay, let's have a laugh.

On 27/03/2021 at 17:31, Joey Linton said:

He has a point like 

I seen that Alex Hurst from True Faith and who is on the trust board saying he try’s not to think logically about any decisions the club make nowadays and just can’t wait until he is back in SJP singing the Dwight Gayle song ffs :lol::icon_puke_l:

That is exactly a massive part of our problem, idiots who just turn a blind eye to everything and who can’t wait to blindly trudge back in SJP first chance they get to “support” a club that dosen't even try and never had an intention too. 

1 hour ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I seen that Alex Hurst from True Faith and who is on the trust board saying he try’s not to think logically about any decisions the club make nowadays and just can’t wait until he is back in SJP singing the Dwight Gayle song ffs :lol::icon_puke_l:

That is exactly a massive part of our problem, idiots who just turn a blind eye to everything and who can’t wait to blindly trudge back in SJP first chance they get to “support” a club that dosen't even try and never had an intention too. 

Another one who's part of the problem but continues to pay the privilege! wouldnt surprise me if most of the 'social group leaders cramp into sjp.only nufc.com should get a pass

9 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Another one who's part of the problem but continues to pay the privilege! wouldnt surprise me if most of the 'social group leaders cramp into sjp.only nufc.com should get a pass

Every single person who goes to a game whilst Ashley continues to be the owner, are part of the problem. It doesn’t matter what bollocks excuse they think they have for going either. Until Ashley is out of the club that stadium should be empty. It won’t be however as we all know, and to me every person that goes deserves every shit Steve Bruce performance to be played out directly in front of their watching eyes.

Edited by et tu brute

Might as well...there's no enjoyment watching this team in the Premier League while setting up for every game like the opposition is Man City or Barcelona.

If watching the team be outplayed every single week is what's going to happen (and has this season) it doesn't really matter if its Brentford or Chelsea.

On the plus side we make everyone else feel good about how their team are playing since they always look like prime Barcelona when we rock up.....perversely this is probably the only reason Sky/Amazon/BT want us to stay up at present

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

That's a disappointing quote and sadly what you'd expect from True Faith, but Hurst fights our corner pretty well most of the time and speaks really well in the mainstream media. 

He did but he clearly doesn’t get it like. Just going on about Bruce without saying a cross word about Ashley as if getting rid of Bruce would sort our problems. And to want to go back in SJP to sing the Dwight Gayle song dear me. 

it’s not even the fact about looking forward to going back to SJP part, I mean I could kind of maybe grasp that but the part about not thinking about or paying attention to the decisions the club makes attitude is staggering for someone in his position.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, it's a weird one with True Faith. They pretty much get it right on the podcast with regards to Ashley etc, but they never discuss not going to the match.

To be fair it's probably because outside of the online / Twitter bubble I think most accept it is utterly preposterous to blame the fans at any club for mistakes made by the owner. It's divisive nonsense barely worthy of any discussion.

On the thread's topic, nah, haven't been back since Benitez went. If Bruce is binned off over the summer and things looked even vaguely more promising (lerl) I doubt I'd hesitate in going back for a couple of games. Miss it badly, particularly given the last year has been completely bereft of anything else.  

• 2 weeks later...

My general feeling is I don’t want to go back until Ashley is gone, though I’m tempted to make an exception just to go and see Maxi before he eventually fucks off somewhere else. It would only be one game though.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

My general feeling is I don’t want to go back until Ashley is gone, though I’m tempted to make an exception just to go and see Maxi before he eventually fucks off somewhere else. It would only be one game though.

Shame its not like the old days when you could watch HBA in the reserves at Blue Flames