Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we beat Boro and Fulham we'll be fine

If we couldn't finish that Pompey side off, we'll have no chance against Boro and Fulham.

The players need to spend all week just looking at pictures of goal nets based on today, I'm suprised if they know what one even looks like, because they cannit fucking find one.

Fuck it, it's at 9 now.

the daft thing is, 3 more points could actually keep us up. Be the most underserved survival in the history of the league.

Part of me goes to games like that and thinks relegation is almost necessary, first and foremost we need rid of the wankers that are the first ones to make noise in the chronicle and will be the first ones to fuck off when we go down. Talentless, gutless TWATS

the daft thing is, 3 more points could actually keep us up. Be the most underserved survival in the history of the league.

Part of me goes to games like that and thinks relegation is almost necessary, first and foremost we need rid of the wankers that are the first ones to make noise in the chronicle and will be the first ones to fuck off when we go down. Talentless, gutless TWATS

Which was the last team that stayed up with 34 points? This is a misconception, you can't look at other team's fixtures and hope they lose. They could be facing a team of juniors if the opposition has nothing to play for. What sort of team will FA cup finalists Everton put out against the mackems on Saturday for example? If we don't take the points we need we won't stay up.

Part of me goes to games like that and thinks relegation is almost necessary, first and foremost we need rid of the wankers that are the first ones to make noise in the chronicle and will be the first ones to f*** off when we go down. Talentless, gutless TWATS

Which was the last team that stayed up with 34 points? This is a misconception, you can't look at other team's fixtures and hope they lose. They could be facing a team of juniors if the opposition has nothing to play for. What sort of team will FA cup finalists Everton put out against the mackems on Saturday for example? If we don't take the points we need we won't stay up.

Clearly I wasn't refering to Sunderland though mate, they're on 35

Part of me goes to games like that and thinks relegation is almost necessary, first and foremost we need rid of the wankers that are the first ones to make noise in the chronicle and will be the first ones to f*** off when we go down. Talentless, gutless TWATS

I don't think we'll put out a weakened team (well, apart from having 3 of your best players injured but that's not the managers choice!). He might drop Saha for Vaughan and I would expect Cahill to come back in for one of the midfielders.

I do worry about the performance we'll get out of them though. The City game was very much a case of after the Lord Mayor's show and we go to Sunderland with nothing much to play for while it's a massive game for them with the crowd behind them. I'm not as confident as I normally would be playing Sunderland.

Game over.

I watched a relegation team tonight. A team that couldn't manage to string a few passes together or construct any footballing moves. We're a fucking shambles and we thoroughly deserve to go down because we're one of the worst teams in the league. That's the unpalatable truth and we've all got to deal with it.

I never thought I'd type that lot out but the table doesn't lie. The players don't give a shit about the club and I doubt they ever did. I went tonight full of hope and optimistic but they let us down yet again. Gutless fucking wankers.

West Brom in 2004/2005, but due to their goal difference 33 would actually have kept them up.

Also if you look at seasons where 34 and better goal difference would have kept a team up (as in the 3rd bottom went down on 33/34) its been possible in three of the last 4 seasons.

West Brom in 2004/2005, but due to their goal difference 33 would actually have kept them up.

Also if you look at seasons where 34 and better goal difference would have kept a team up (as in the 3rd bottom went down on 33/34) its been possible in three of the last 4 seasons.

Well let's hope everything goes perfectly then. At the moment our best chances seems to be relying on other results which I don't have a lot of faith in tbh.

I really can't be arsed with people and their 10s and saying it's over.  That's just stupid.  I'm not saying we will stay up, but its idiotic to think there's no hope.  We're crap, we'll probably get few more points, but its the same for those above us!  1 win, it may come from fluke or whatever is huge down here and its stupid to think its impossible.  1 win and we're level with Hull.  Don't tell me it's impossible to get 4 points from the next 4 games.  I'm not saying that would save us, but it might.  And we might get more.  Or Hull might go on a fluke good run.  We don't know!  I can't be arsed with people throwing in the towel now.  There's 4 games left, and I'll be at them all, and I know it's possible til we're relegated.  I'm a 9.

Well let's hope everything goes perfectly then. At the moment our best chances seems to be relying on other results which I don't have a lot of faith in tbh.

Its almost guarenteed this will be one of the seasons were 34 isn't enough, I'm beginning to believe we're destined to go down no matter what.  Still I'll be at the Boro game to suffer another 90 minutes, I haven't completely given up hope yet.

Not thinking we'll go down. I think it's more likely that we'll just get 3 to 4 points from our last 4. But I don't think Hull will get any at all, and it will be tough for Sunderland as well. So I still firmly believe we'll stay up. I'll not lose hope until after the whistle is blown after 90 minutes at Villa Park and it's official that we're down. And even then, I'll refuse to believe it for the next couple of days.

If we win against Fulham and Boro I think we will be able to do it. Hull's run in is a tough one same as Middlesbrough (and ours). But I won't stop believing we can't do hence I'm still optimistic...

Standing firm on 8

I still think two home wins will keep us up, I just can't see us winning them.

Great being a Newcastle fan, isn't it?

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

:lol:

Seriously though, if we do somehow win those two, it should be enough...just on goal difference. Don't think Hull will get anymore than 3 points, don't think Boro will get 7 points from their other 3 games, or WBA.

i dont think we will win again

edit,- hope im wrong

I fancy Hull to beat Stoke, so we need two wins IMO, or hope Sunderland get no more than one point and we pick up a win n 2 draws.

Clutching at straws.

Me too, also scared that they'll pick up a point at Bolton. Hopefully they'll only get 3 points til the end of the season with us winning the two remaining home games and staying up on goal difference.  :kinnear:

Sunderland have 3 winnable games remaining and I suspect they'll pick up at least one win, meaning we'll need to get something at Villa or Anfield to stay in touch with them. Looking really bleak for us at the moment.

The FAT LADY is in the building,...and rehearsing her song.

Well she can F**k right off her services are gonna be needed a little down the road. We can win last two home games been mentioned before Portsmouth came to draw and set up shop to do it. Boro and Fulham will be different games.

Lets see what the Mackems can muster against Everton Bolton Porstmouth and Chelski after the hammering West Brom gave them at the weekend