Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I seriously hope that if when we play Boro, their fans start with the "You're going down, you're going down." chant. We'll go "So are you, so are you." on their arses.

Boro fans: Going down going down going down

Toon fans: So are we so are we so are we

I seriously hope that if when we play Boro, their fans start with the "You're going down, you're going down." chant. We'll go "So are you, so are you." on their arses.

Ah yes, my bad. Edited to the right one now, I blame the all-nighter for my absentmindedness.

Ah yes, my bad. Edited to the right one now, I blame the all-nighter for my absentmindedness.

Think the game will be insanely tense at kick-off. Then 20 minutes in, both sets of fans will be reminded of the shower of poo they have been watching all season and I think the atmosphere for the rest of the game will be great banter.

I still believe we are going to stay up, everytime I predict the scores from the matches to come i get the following final results:

15 Blackburn -20 41pts

16 Newcastle -17 35pts

17 Sunderland -21 35pts

18 Hull -28 34pts

19 Boro -29 31pts

20 West Brom -37 28pts

7 to an 8 now, all 3 strikers had an oppurtunity they should, and i would expect normally, would score and we came up with none.

Anyone who has 10 (or more  :lol:), its a bit like saying i have a 10 sided dice, the number 1 represents us staying up, and there is 0% chance of that occurring...

This isthe first time I've honestly realised that we are most likely to go down, I always thought, it'll be alright we'll beat Pompey, Boro and Fulham at home, we didn't and in my opinion unless something drastic happens like Owen turning back into the player he was 8 years ago we are down.

I do like how some posts have gone from "win our 3 home games and we are fine".... to.... "win our last 2 home games and we are fine".

I have to love the optimism but really, we have to wake up. We are a text book relegation club and its coming in a few weeks time.

Sadly, being aware of our shiteness make the devastation no less hurtful.  :weep:

At least the fact we got a point from last night means we're back to it being possible for us to get out the dropzone in the space of one result.  Sadly on last night's performance it's difficult seeing us scoring another goal before the end of the season.  Both us and Hull have got two games which can pretty much written off and two games which on paper could be winnable.  We need to get three more points out of those games than they do, and the only way I can really see that happening is if we manage to beat Boro and they don't get another point.  That's assuming Liverpool and Villa don't rape our goal difference something rotten 

:kinnear:

I still believe we are going to stay up, everytime I predict the scores from the matches to come i get the following final results:

15 Blackburn -20 41pts

16 Newcastle -17 35pts

17 Sunderland -21 35pts

18 Hull -28 34pts

19 Boro -29 31pts

20 West Brom -37 28pts

Stoke are s**** travellers, I think Hull will beat them. And although the Mackems have a tough run-in, it's very optimistic predicting they'll get nowt too.

Well we know, 4 points is the absolute minimum. And that's if Hull and Boro don't pick up anything else all season.

I just can't see them not picking up ANYTHING. Which means we need at least two wins, and it sure as hell aint coming from Liverpool or Villa. Can we win two home games on the bounce? If we finish like we did yesterday, not a cat in hell's chance.

Guest Stephen927

Hull's run in: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/fixtures/default.stm

Our run in: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/fixtures/default.stm

The Premiership table: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

A little bit of perspective is needed. We're 3 points behind Hull. I can't see them winning their next game, much like I don't think we have much chance of picking up any points against Liverpool. After that we both have 2 home games, we have a slight advantage in that our home games are back to back. Despite the points difference it's still very much in our court, I can see us picking up another 4 points, with Hull picking up a maximum of 1 at home to Stoke.

We're not down yet, we have 4 games to change our fate.

We desperately needed the win last night and the club, fans and players (metaphorically speaking) put everything into getting it but still we failed. A win - no matter how scrappy and undeserved - could have kept heads up through and beyond the expected defeat at Anfield, but now that same defeat will destroy all remaining confidence.

It's all over bar the shouting.

It pretty much is all over ...

It will hurt like hell, but probably not as much as most think it will, because if we are all being honest with ourselves this team, probably moreso than all the others deserves to go down.

They have been awful in every way shape and form throughout the season.

Well we know, 4 points is the absolute minimum.

3 points is the absolute minimum.  Although the easiest way to get those would be with one lucky win and we've won less games than anyone else in the league including West Brom and Boro.

I know crazier things have happened and am quite suprised with my whole glass half full approach to all of this, but we could actually pick up points against Liverpool.

I'm not suggesting we're going to win or even saying I think we will win, but there is still a chance we might nick a draw or even a fluke win against them.

Guest Stephen927

I know crazier things have happened and am quite suprised with my whole glass half full approach to all of this, but we could actually pick up points against Liverpool.

I'm not suggesting we're going to win or even saying I think we will win, but there is still a chance we might nick a draw or even a fluke win against them.

A bit of positivity  :clap:

Liverpool might fluff their lines, they're behind Man United again and they really need to win all their remaining games and just hope Man United mess up. Of course this could go the opposite way and they play out of their skins from now until the end of the season ...

Liverpool might fluff their lines, they're behind Man United again and they really need to win all their remaining games and just hope Man United mess up. Of course this could go the opposite way and they play out of their skins from now until the end of the season ...

sorry like but both of you are fucking mental

This is a very different Liverpool now and whilst they fluffed their lines mid-way through the season, they are on the up again as teams always tend to play free and easy when chasing the top team (see us 96 and even Manu U this year - stumbling along whilst Liverpool re-find their form)

Look out for Rafa's "its over" signal again.... around about 20-25 minutes in.

sorry like but both of you are f***ing mental

I'm not suggesting we do beat or draw against Liverpool, just saying that its not impossible.

Did anyone expect Derby to beat Man U earlier in the season but they did.

Admittedly in the other games they conceded 4 each time though, but in one game they did come out with a 1-0 win which no one predicted or expected.

Hey man, I like your positive outlook on things as I am generally a very very positive and optimistic person, but they will KILL us. Our focus should be conceding as few as possible and not damaging our goal dofference which is an advantage we have over some around us.

Rafa could play the likes of David Ngo'g, Lucas, Babel and Benayoun and these guys would absolutely still maul us to bits. We are a nothing team whose only hope of victory is against the teams most similar to oursekves who are in and around us.