Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If heaven forbid it happens - which players will stay, and which will go? Who would we be able to afford to keep? Who would want to stay?

A lot will be shifted like last time.  I know one who will be here.

Shola Ameobi.

Elliot

Simpson  Taylor  Willi  Haidara

Jonas    Bigi  Anita    Fergie

Gouffran  Shola

Tim Krul - Go

Fabricio Coloccini - Go

Davide Santon - Go

Yohan Cabaye - Go

Moussa Sissoko - Go

Papiss Demba Cissé - Go

Hatem Ben Arfa - Go

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - Go

Sylvain Marveaux - Go

Cheick Tiote - Go

Mathieu Debuchy - Go

Danny Simpson - Stay

Mike Williamson - Stay

Vurnon Anita - Stay

Yoan Gouffran - Stay

James Perch - Stay

Dan Gosling - Stay

Ryan Taylor - Stay

Romain Amalfitano - Stay

Jonas Gutierrez - Stay

Massadio Haidara - Stay

Gael Bigirimana - Stay

Rob Elliot - Stay

Foluwashola Ameobi - Stay

Gabriel Obertan - Stay

Steven Vincent Taylor - Stay

Samuel Ameobi - Stay

Haris Vučkić - Stay

Shane Ferguson - Stay

Curtis Good - Stay

James Tavernier - Stay

Paul Dummett - Stay

Jak Alnwick - Stay

Remie Streete - Stay

Adam Campbell - Stay

:scared:

If heaven forbid it happens - which players will stay, and which will go? Who would we be able to afford to keep? Who would want to stay?

Krul, colo, santon, Cisse, Cabaye hba will be the first out the door, think we'd make easy money on the French guys that came in January as well. You'd then hope we can offload Jonas and I'm sure someone would be in for Tiote. Simpson & Harper are already gone.

Could be looking at around £100m in sales if paper talk values are to be believed.

I've said it before on here but shift on Hatem, Cabaye, Krul, Debuchy, Tiote, Colo and Jonas and you've made somewhere near 45m.

You'd still have Elliott, Santon, Mbiwa, Taylor, Haidara, Anita, Sissokho, Marveaux, Gouffran, Cisse, Campbell as a first 11.

I would take a strong position from the board and a good manager to motivate them but with that you'd have a championship winning side and a good base when you come back up.

I've said it before on here but shift on Hatem, Cabaye, Krul, Debuchy, Tiote, Colo and Jonas and you've made somewhere near 45m.

You'd still have Elliott, Santon, Mbiwa, Taylor, Haidara, Anita, Sissokho, Marveaux, Gouffran, Cisse, Campbell as a first 11.

I would take a strong position from the board and a good manager to motivate them but with that you'd have a championship winning side and a good base when you come back up.

No way santon, Mbiwa, Anita, sissoko or Cisse will stay in the championship.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Gone: Debuchy, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Colo, Simpson, Sissoko

Maybe will go: Obertan, Amalfitano, Yanga Mbwia, Anita, tiote

Stays: Marveaux, Elliot,Two Taylors, Williamson, , Bigi, Goufrann, Ameobi, Haidara, Perch, Jonas and most our young players such as Campbell and Vuckic.

Stays: Marveaux, Elliot,Two Taylors, Williamson, , Bigi, Goufrann, Ameobi, Haidara, Perch, Jonas and most our young players such as Campbell and Vuckic.

No way in hell MYM stays, he's in the french squad all the time and has ambition to play in the CL he would be one of the first players out the door should we go down.

You seriously believe Sissoko, Marv, Mbiwa or Cisse would be here? They're all gone along with Anita as well.

I think JH starting eleven there is the absolute best we could expect from a team if we are relegated, and that is nowhere near good enough for promotion.

Elliot

Tav Taylor Willi Haidara

Jonas Bigi Anita Ferg/Obertan

Campbell Gouff

Is the absolute best we could expect. Even then I'm 75% sure Anita and Gouff would try to move on.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

No way in hell MYM stays, he's in the french squad all the time and has ambition to play in the CL he would be one of the first players out the door should we go down.

Yeah you're right should have put him in the certains. Krul will likely go too, but he has an injury may or may not throw clubs off the scent, but he's been so good I'd doubt that.

1) Swansea get something at Wigan

2) West Brom beat Norwich

3) We beat QPR

I think only one of these needs to happen for us to be OK. The problem is that every result has gone against us for a while, we just can't catch a break. Whilst good defensively, Swansea have only scored in 2 of their last 6 games. Now they've lost Michu, that could get even worse. West Brom did put in the effort against WonderWigan, which I was worried about, and you'd assume Norwich would be much easier to beat. Fingers crossed.

1) Swansea get something at Wigan

2) West Brom beat Norwich

3) We beat QPR

I think only one of these needs to happen for us to be OK. The problem is that every result has gone against us for a while, we just can't catch a break. Whilst good defensively, Swansea have only scored in 2 of their last 6 games. Now they've lost Michu, that could get even worse. West Brom did put in the effort against WonderWigan, which I was worried about, and you'd assume Norwich would be much easier to beat. Fingers crossed.

Yep I think you're right (although if no. 2 happens, we'll probably still need a point, depending on GD) and we've not even taken into account Stoke, Fulham, Saints or the mackems. There's an insane amount of permutations, 8 teams still vulnerable with 2/3 games to go is mental.

I keep going over everything in my head, we'll know a lot more by Tuesday night. What's really fucking irritating is the GD situation after the last two home games. Still very possible, given the number of teams who still have to play City/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea that one team taking a kicking could be a nail in the coffin.

I think we will have more trouble this time around than last time around because it is a World Cup year.

Not sure if serious

:lol: I'll let you have a guess :p

If we get relegated I do think I might start going to matches at nearby Dunfermline instead. I can squint at the Pars lads playing in their sequestrated black and white shirts and pretend that I'm at good old SJP back in the day. And they won't be advertising Wonga.com either, so that's a bonus...

We're going down on GD.  I think we'll take a pasting from Arsenal on the final day and that will do us.  I'd love to say we'll virtually be safe by beating QPR but I really can't see past another 0-0 or a 1-1 while Norwich will get at least a point against the Albion.

Wigan will probably dick Swansea 5-0 and get a jammy 1-0 at Arsenal.

Guest Open_C

Just done the BBC's predictor up to the last day.  Reasonably realistic scores, other than giving us a win against QPR :lol:  It ended with 12th (which was us, with the win) downward still in mathematical danger of relegation.  Hadn't realised it was still quite so tight, actually.  Going to be exciting (in all the wrong ways :frantic:).  Didn't do the last day's scores, but they were going into it with Norwich in 18th.

Guest Bert Shaft

All ifs and buts but here's another possible scenario...

Sunderland beat Stoke and Southampton

Spurs beat Stoke

NUFC beat QPR

would mean NUFC are safe seeing as Stoke and Southampton play each other last match of the season.

Where theres life there's hope and all that.......