Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

All of these scenarios are great but wont mean a feckin thing if we don't get a win or a least a point.

Were f***ed with this negative idiot in charge, Does anyone see him firing up the players for a couple of battles where he instills a win at all cost attitude.

He doesn't need to. We just need to beat QPR. It could be the worst game I've ever seen, with our backs to the wall for 90 mins before Dan Gosling, after coming on to replace a clearly fresh and lively Hatem on 26 mins, scores a bicycle kick from our own six yard box. It doesn't matter. Three points is all that counts.

:thup:

I just don't think there's anything to suggest we will win. The opposite in fact, everything suggest we will draw or lose. We've forgot how to score goals and our away form. . .

I think a point is the best we will get.

I just try not to think too much until the Monday and Tuesday results are in. Any permutations could potentially swing our relegation chances significantly, we would be back to this thread dreading the possible scenarios that follow. Could well do without the depression for another day or two. There's plenty more after Tuesday to worry about.

All of these scenarios are great but wont mean a feckin thing if we don't get a win or a least a point.

Were fucked with this negative idiot in charge, Does anyone see him firing up the players for a couple of battles where he instills a win at all cost attitude.

He doesn't need to. We just need to beat QPR. It could be the worst game I've ever seen, with our backs to the wall for 90 mins before Dan Gosling, after coming on to replace a clearly fresh and lively Hatem on 26 mins, scores a bicycle kick from our own six yard box. It doesn't matter. Three points is all that counts.

Stating the bloody obvious there like, the point is we've won one away game all season so it's hardly a certainty that the manager can lead us to a 2nd.

Guest icemanblue

Were fucked with this negative idiot in charge, Does anyone see him firing up the players for a couple of battles where he instills a win at all cost attitude.

Stating the bloody obvious there like, the point is we've won one away game all season so it's hardly a certainty that the manager can lead us to a 2nd.

Sorry, mate. I was just responding to Bimpy's point about firing the players up for battle and instilling a win at all cost attitude. My point was that it doesn't matter if he doesn't do that, he doesn't have to. We can just fluke the win and it'll mean the same.

I got the old thumbs up from the Mole Man, so I have no regrets.

Guest Toon Saint

Woke up at 4am by a bizarre footballing nightmare, that was unbelievably vivid. Couldn't get back to sleep for nervous excitement/dread of todays games.

The nightmare involved old players but felt like it was now. Last day of the season v Ipswich, we needed a win to stay up. Leading 2-1 in the final minute, Mark Stimson had what should have been the simple task of clearing a slow moving ball off the line with our keeper beat. You've guessed it. He sliced it into the net for an OG to send us down. Bedlam among the fans. In my mind i'd lost my voice and struggled to say "Worst goal i've ever seen." Ipswich boss George Burley ushered his players towards the tunnel of what appeared to be the old West stand,(pre milburn). As they reached the tunnel, Kevin Carr and John Trewick, arguing about the game, came to blows in the centre paddock. Keegan and Mickey Quinn appeared to hold them both back. Told you it was bizarre. Really scary stuff.

This relegation battle's messing with my brain man. Looking forward to todays games has been like waiting for a visit to the dentist.

Ya madman!  ;D

Shiiit. I just did the predictor for the first time. I was probably slightly too negative, but realistically so. And we're done on GD to Norwich (and Wigan), with it coming down to who gets beaten by more on last day - I had Norwich 1-0, us 2-0.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/grantJUK/Screenshot2013-05-05at214053_zpse07a499d.png

Was out today, most of the day in the park with the kid, then back home watching films with him and it was nice to forget about our situation for a few hours. Gutted am back on here dissecting it all over again, coming to the same conclusions, same thoughts and outcomes.

Can't wait to get the next 48hrs out of the way to see if we are in better standing or not than right now.

Can't decide if us being in the relegation zone on Tuesday night would hinder us at all or actually wake a few NUFC employees up to the seriousness of the situation. Feels like we're sleep-walking to the Championship at present. :undecided:

Can't decide if us being in the relegation zone on Tuesday night would hinder us at all or actually wake a few NUFC employees up to the seriousness of the situation. Feels like we're sleep-walking to the Championship at present. :undecided:

Christ no. :lol:

I still think our most likely route out of it is Wigan not winning any of their last 3. Swansea giving them a pasting on Tuesday would probably keep us up.

Christ no. :lol:

I still think our most likely route out of it is Wigan not winning any of their last 3. Swansea giving them a pasting on Tuesday would probably keep us up.

All Swansea needs to do is draw. Draw, draw, draw. Rather they won obviously, but I can't see it at the moment.

Us, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich, Southampton and Fulham all need a Swansea side with virtually nothing to play for, to get something at Wigan.

I hope to god that a) they can handle the pressure and b) they're not on their fucking holidays yet.

Us, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich, Southampton and Fulham all need a Swansea side with virtually nothing to play for, to get something at Wigan.

I hope to god that a) they can handle the pressure and b) they're not on their f***ing holidays yet.

They have been on their holidays since their Capital One Cup win.

Edit: WLLLDDLD (6/24pts)

I hope to god that a) they can handle the pressure and b) they're not on their f***ing holidays yet.

They have been on their holidays since their Capital One Cup win.

Edit: WLLLDDLD (6/24pts)

Only 1 win - must have been against a really shit team that one....  :weep: