Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There's no way Wigan are in a worse position like, given their momentum. They'll never have an easier game than tomorrow night, I'm convinced they could send a second string out and win that.

Wigan need to win the match first. You're three points ahead of them.

You have the points, they don't. I don't see how they're in a better position than you.

Cos they look like winning every game they play atm, whilst we look completely incapable.

They don't, though, that's the thing - they were lucky against Albion.

People look at Wigan and just assume they're going to do it again.

If you then look wider, there are far more teams in the mix now than there were a few weeks ago.

There's no way Wigan are in a worse position like, given their momentum. They'll never have an easier game than tomorrow night, I'm convinced they could send a second string out and win that.

Wigan need to win the match first. You're three points ahead of them.

You have the points, they don't. I don't see how they're in a better position than you.

Cos they look like winning every game they play atm, whilst we look completely incapable.

They don't, though, that's the thing - they were lucky against Albion.

People look at Wigan and just assume they're going to do it again.

If you then look wider, there are far more teams in the mix now than there were a few weeks ago.

I don't think they were lucky. They threw men forward and made their own luck. We'll do what we always do, try and keep it tight and maybe nick one (but it's ok if we don't cos an away draw is always a great result).

We have to get something off Arsenal and/or Liverpool.

Forget about away games.

Exactly.  It's now looking extremely difficult.

It's not helped by how tight it is down there, you've got 5 teams on 34-36 points and 1 team in Wigan who you'd expect to get to that level of points in their 2 spare games given their recent form and general tendency for picking up points towards the end of the year.  I think this might be the first year in a while you'll need more than 40 to stay up.

I've had my worries a long while but thought we'd scrape safety, today is when I'm genuinely concerned we've fucked it and might well go down.

Said this after the mackem game and still stand by the bit in bold.  Either way it'll be close.  Can't see 40 points being the magic figure it usually is this time around, I've never seen so many teams hovering around 40 points at this stage of the season.

It's the kind of season where if you've got less than 40 you could do with trying to win your 3rd last match when you're drawing 0-0 after 60 minutes. :lol:

Crazy that Norwich had 25 points after 17 games. They really might be the team to save us.

It is remarkable that sides like Norwich, Fulham and Southampton, teams who people labelled safe weeks and weeks ago, are now not safe.

Crazy that Norwich had 25 points after 17 games. They really might be the team to save us.

It is remarkable that sides like Norwich, Fulham and Southampton, teams who people labelled safe weeks and weeks ago, are now not safe.

Our manager said we were safe in March. :lol:

I thought you were safe as soon as the January window closed.

I compared it to our near total lack of activity and felt suicidal.

Even you're not safe. If as expected you lose to Chelsea, Wigan beat Swansea but lose to Arsenal and some how we beat QPR and Norwich beat West Brom at home then you could go down if you lose to Wigan.

I thought you were safe as soon as the January window closed.

I compared it to our near total lack of activity and felt suicidal.

You have a positive manager though. That's worth way more than a January shopping spree.

The way Villa are playing can see them winning that last game. It might come down to Wigan nicking a point or something ridiculous at Emirates...It's the kind of side they love playing.

I think we're safe with goal difference. Even if we lose to QPR and Wigan win tomorrow, Arsenal wil beat wigan by a decent margin which would get us out the relegation zone without even playing. Last day we lose to Arsenal but Villa also beat Wigan. We're safe.

Fucking hell, one of the craziest posts I've read for a long time.

Just beat QPR - we're not getting one bit of help off the other teams at the moment. 3 on the trot that have gone against us and it could soon be 4.

Exactly, it all comes down to this. Beat QPR and cross the fingers, anything else doesn't bear thinking about.

I think we're safe with goal difference. Even if we lose to QPR and Wigan win tomorrow, Arsenal wil beat wigan by a decent margin which would get us out the relegation zone without even playing. Last day we lose to Arsenal but Villa also beat Wigan. We're safe.

f***ing hell, one of the craziest posts I've read for a long time.

The fucks this? :lol:

Even you're not safe. If as expected you lose to Chelsea, Wigan beat Swansea but lose to Arsenal and some how we beat QPR and Norwich beat West Brom at home then you could go down if you lose to Wigan.

Far from safe, you're right there.

But it's about probabilities. I just looked at RTG and they're talking about how they're safe. They're not, there are lots of teams who are not safe, so you look at what they need to do to make themselves safe, and you need to go to QPR and win.

No matter how shit your manager is, or how poor you've been for months now, that does not change the fact that you've got a really excellent chance to pick up three points.

Look at us, a little over seven days ago, we were looking the most likely to challenge Wigan to go down. A couple of wins and we've drifted to about 28-30 / 1 with the bookies.

There is next to nothing in it for lots of clubs, and three points make a huge, huge difference.

Of all the teams playing this weekend, who have an - on paper - easier chance to pick up three points than you?

But it's about probabilities. I just looked at RTG and they're talking about how they're safe. They're not, there are lots of teams who are not safe, so you look at what they need to do to make themselves safe, and you need to go to QPR and win.

No matter how shit your manager is, or how poor you've been for months now, that does not change the fact that you've got a really excellent chance to pick up three points.

Look at us, a little over seven days ago, we were looking the most likely to challenge Wigan to go down. A couple of wins and we've drifted to about 28-30 / 1 with the bookies.

There is next to nothing in it for lots of clubs, and three points make a huge, huge difference.

Of all the teams playing this weekend, who have an - on paper - easier chance to pick up three points than you?

All of them. We don't play for wins away from home.

No matter how s*** your manager is, or how poor you've been for months now, that does not change the fact that you've got a really excellent chance to pick up three points.

All of them. We don't play for wins away from home.

However shit Pardew is, I think he knows he needs to go for a win here.

Fuck off, Alan.

Not sure what the players are supposed to do when they are not allowed past the half way line.  :lol:

Any player who isn't designed for Stoke would look shit under this manager, whether they cared or not.

Obviously it doesn't help but tracking their players, stop rushing to the ball and getting easily bypassed by selling yourself daftly, being positionally switched on, don't bottle challenges whilst regularly doing the complete opposite, amongst other things would be a start.

Guest neesy111

This stuff about players being told not to run in the box is complete utter bollocks and just another way to dig something against the manager.  The players are tactically not good enough to know when to make runs into the box.