Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I think people are being overly negative about the QPR match, there were some positives from that West Ham game. Play like that again and I think we'll get the win, especially against a worse team.

Guest neesy111

I think people are being overly negative about the QPR match, there were some positives from that West Ham game. Play like that again and I think we'll get the win, especially against a worse team.

West Ham were utter shite on Saturday tbf and still created much more than us.

Get in there, just saw we have more goals scored than Norwich.  So we both draw (or lose) this weekend, and we lose 2-0 to Arsenal, them 3-0 to City (or equiv) and we're safe :D

(also noticed we're one goal off having joint-worst defence in league :anguish:)

Just out of interest what happens if two teams have exactly the same points and g/d?

I presume it comes down to result between teams?

Just did the BBC Sport prediction thing and Norwich go down. We finish 17th on exact points and g/d.

:scared:

This stuff about players being told not to run in the box is complete utter bollocks and just another way to dig something against the manager.  The players are tactically not good enough to know when to make runs into the box.

Seems extraordinarily far-fetched, especially since 2 of the the main guys you'd want running into the box are Cabaye and Marveaux and they're either camped on the edge of their own box or sat on the bench when players such as Jonas and Tiote are on the pitch and further forward than Cabaye is.

How utterly pathetic that we're in a position where we can't be confident that we'll win against a club with a grand total of four wins and 29 goals from 36 games. Ridiculousness.

:pardsgrin:

Can't quite remember anything quite like we're experiencing just now. Each time we get a lift, it seems to be reversed, whether in our game or in other games. Almost as though it's inevitable. Talk about a rollercoaster.

Completely ridiculous that we should be in this position with the squad we have. It's unbelievable, yet here we are, seemingly locked in.

Find myself thinking ahead to the team we would have in the championship. Just by way of lowering expectations, so if we do survive it'll be a nice surprise. Christ, the tricks you play.

It's completely up in the air - so many teams involved, so many things can happen. Each point is huge. A mate asked me tonight to - in a word - say if we'll stay up or not. I genuinely couldn't commit to an answer. Still can't. This is insane!

This stuff about players being told not to run in the box is complete utter bollocks and just another way to dig something against the manager.  The players are tactically not good enough to know when to make runs into the box.

Seems extraordinarily far-fetched, especially since 2 of the the main guys you'd want running into the box are Cabaye and Marveaux and they're either camped on the edge of their own box or sat on the bench when players such as Jonas and Tiote are on the pitch and further forward than Cabaye is.

The West Ham game is a good example of this. First half, the players were committed, attacking and getting forward. 2nd half, we reverted to camping in our half shit-scared of conceding, handing the initiative over to West Ham. Cue a smiling Pardew. We have to ask why he is so happy that players are not running into the box when his gameplan apparently didn't ask for them to sit back. Someone must have missed the players making runs into the box in the first half. They are perfectly capable of it. It's a matter of being told to curb their instincts and told to defend at all costs like they did in the 2nd half.

To be fair, I'm not completely sure the West Ham game was all to do with Pardew. He is too negative overall but we do struggle with physical teams away because we can't deal with them man-for-man, so players drop deep. When that happens, we need an outlet and too many times this year that option hasn't been available.

We're a counter-attacking team by nature but we lean heavily on HBA to make that work because it's often his ball carrying or quick passing that sparks a move off.

I've decided not to watch the game at all on Sunday. Will be the first game I've not watched this season but I just don't think I can face it. Going to try and have a complete media blackout until the final scores and then just check the score at the end. It's going to be torture either way but it hasn't worked for me watching every game so hopefully not watching may bring us better luck. :)

Not sure where you get the 'West Ham is a physical team, we struggle against them' idea from when we almost exclusively sit back half the time for all matches. We managed to do well against them in the first half and yet we can't deal with them so decided to drop back in the 2nd half apparently. It's not Pardew's fault that Ben Arfa the outlet was sacrificed for Shola the outlet and Cisse bumped off to the right wing, aye.

We lack sufficient pace to be a counterattacking team. Pardew had the whole season to implement a plan B if he thinks Ben Arfa is his answer, and yet he has failed miserably.

Pardew not to be blamed for that game when we should have gone for 3 pts and he settled for one ffs. That one point concept must be alien to Martinez.

Guest Bert Shaft

Wer'e going down.

Mike Arseley and Derek Liararse's short sightedness and arrogance (not buying enough players last summer, not replacing Ba) and Pardew's abysmal team selections and non existant hoofball based tactical nous will see to that.

Not even gonna bother watching Wigan tonight or all of the sh*t on Sunday. You just know that they will win and that results will go against us on Sunday.

F*ck me, I'm a pessimistc tw*t these days :D

Searching for positives, but we could really do with Chelsea beating Spurs tomorrow night, which would likely mean a point would be all Arsenal need on the last day.

Desperately hoping Swansea can get something tonight - they managed a draw against Man City, surely they can at least hold Wigan??

I've decided not to watch the game at all on Sunday. Will be the first game I've not watched this season but I just don't think I can face it. Going to try and have a complete media blackout until the final scores and then just check the score at the end. It's going to be torture either way but it hasn't worked for me watching every game so hopefully not watching may bring us better luck. :)

I did the same on Saturday and will defo do the same again on Sunday. Helps to give some perspective.

Really thought the Mackems would edge it last night. They're taking a leaf out of our book in terms of making life difficult for themselves, the only difference is they showed some real heart second half to get back into it.

How shit are Stoke though, Christ

Guest Spark

I'm thinking about joining you. But then I think of how much I'll celebrate if we score. Love that feeling. Not that we've experienced it very often lately.