Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest TruToon94

A month ago I thought with the players we'd be 'best of the rest' but we're probably at best in the middle of a group of clubs like Swansea, Southampton, Stoke, Hull...depressing. Doubt we'll finish lower than 13-14th like.

I'd have to say every single one of those clubs is miles better than us. Except Stoke. I'd give anything to be in the position of Swansea and Hull, they've got surprisingly good teams. We're more along the lines of QPR and the Mackems now.

Think we'll be fine, to be honest. Mid-table again, around 11th or 12th. We'll do well in games where we're the counter-attacking team. The problem remains when sides come up here and we can't break them down, it's something we've been terrible at for some time. If only we had an accomplished dribbler to complement our new playmaker and goalscoring attacking midfielder.

The annoying thing is, we were actually close to having a decent blend in our forward line. Obviously, we are lacking a top quality forward but a 3 of HBA, Cabella and de Jong would've been great and provided enough ammo for even a half-decent striker to get 10 goals. Good mix of talents there. Banking on Aarons to basically fill HBA's boots now, I reckon. Oh well, cunts.

Guest TruToon94

Think we'll be fine, to be honest. Mid-table again, around 11th or 12th. We'll do well in games where we're the counter-attacking team. The problem remains when sides come up here and we can't break them down, it's something we've been terrible at for some time. If only we had an accomplished dribbler to complement our new playmaker and goalscoring attacking midfielder.

The annoying thing is, we were actually close to having a decent blend in our forward line. Obviously, we are lacking a top quality forward but a 3 of HBA, Cabella and de Jong would've been great and provided enough ammo for even a half-decent striker to get 10 goals. Good mix of talents there. Banking on Aarons to basically fill HBA's boots now, I reckon. Oh well, c***s.

Not having a go but we got very lucky last season due to so many clubs having their worst seasons in ages. In all honesty who can we possibly beat under Pardew? I'd say we're on the level of Q.P.R but with the sad fact that despite all his flaws Redknapp is a million miles better than Pardew. What teams can we beat? Swansea will rape us, Hull will rape us, the Mackems will rape us.

Only teams worse than us are WBA and Burnley. The rest can easily beat us.

The annoying thing is, we were actually close to having a decent blend in our forward line. Obviously, we are lacking a top quality forward but a 3 of HBA, Cabella and de Jong would've been great and provided enough ammo for even a half-decent striker to get 10 goals. Good mix of talents there. Banking on Aarons to basically fill HBA's boots now, I reckon. Oh well, c***s.

Not having a go but we got very lucky last season due to so many clubs having their worst seasons in ages. In all honesty who can we possibly beat under Pardew? I'd say we're on the level of Q.P.R but with the sad fact that despite all his flaws Redknapp is a million miles better than Pardew. What teams can we beat? Swansea will rape us, Hull will rape us, the Mackems will rape us.

Will follow this up with: Where's the goals going to come from?

I honestly think if we went down Pardew would be given the chance to try and take us back up (which would obviously fail). Remember, last time we went down Hughton was appointed, which was a terrible decision at the time.

He's essentially spineless. A sustained verbal protest at each home game for a couple of months would see the cowardly little cunt run away from it imo. Even this cunt couldn't put up with the hostility of the Cardiff game for longer than that. Needs to happen and needs to happen immediately, regardless of the opposition, performance or result in the next 18 home games.

Fuck him. Get the cunt crucified.

I do agree with this. Pardew was visibly shaken last season when the crowd turned on him and we know from past experience that Ashley does not like public protests. If the hostility level was ramped up a few notches where it was the majority rather than a few thousand Pardew would be gone IMO.

I'm not even sure we've got any superiority over these to be honest.  From their match against ManUre on Saturday Burnley looked perfectly capable of turning us over and taking at least 4 points in our two matches.

Nobody's going to match Remy's 14, that's for sure. But I think one of our current striking bunch could scrape 10 over the course of the year. I do believe we have more goals throughout the rest of the squad than we had last campaign, though. The midfield and the bench, in particular. Not great, of course, but enough to secure something fairly mid-table. It all rests on keeping key players fit though, which is the massive gamble.

We've already played Villa and Palace and not lost to either. Neither results were good, Palace especially, but I think it shows it's an even playing field. We're about level with or slightly better than 8 or so teams, in my opinion.

Nobody's going to match Remy's 14, that's for sure. But I think one of our current striking bunch could scrape 10 over the course of the year. I do believe we have more goals throughout the rest of the squad than we had last campaign, though. The midfield and the bench, in particular. Not great, of course, but enough to secure something fairly mid-table. It all rests on keeping key players fit though, which is the massive gamble.

We've already played Villa and Palace and not lost to either. Neither results were good, Palace especially, but I think it shows it's an even playing field. We're about level with or slightly better than 8 or so teams, in my opinion.

I see what you're trying to say, but I have to disagree. Eventhough it is just three games in to this season, I really struggle to see how any of the current strikers are going to pose a threat. It is not as easy as 'counting' the goals or 'getting close to Remy'. If those goals aren't getting you a win, it really does make a difference. But, I do hope I'm proven wrong. 

I see what you're trying to say, but I have to disagree. Eventhough it is just three games in to this season, I really struggle to see how any of the current strikers are going to pose a threat. It is not as easy as 'counting' the goals or 'getting close to Remy'. If those goals aren't getting you a win, it really does make a difference. But, I do hope I'm proven wrong. 

The strikers have barely been given any space over the last 2 games, to be fair, both Villa and Palace defended very deep. We'll see how they fare in more open matches.

The strikers have barely been given any space over the last 2 games, to be fair, both Villa and Palace defended very deep. We'll see how they fare in more open matches.

We've had an open match, we lost that one 0-2.

Yes, one game where one of the most potent players on our books wasn't playing. Like I said, we'll see over a succession of games. The new players deserve some time.

Yes, one game where one of the most potent players on our books wasn't playing. Like I said, we'll see over a succession of games. The new players deserve some time.

He's just signed for Hull mate.

you seriously can't see that we simply have no plan to get people forward to support the striker under any circumstances? to attack effectively as a unit and get midfielders beyond the striker to create space for him regardless of who is playing?

our "plan" will be for cabella, de jong and riviere to do it all themselves while the rest of them sit back so we don't get done on the counter, it's been this way for nearly 4 years, the difference has been until now pardew has had strikers who can score from nothing (ba) or are clinical enough to take the few scraps that come their way (remy)

everyone can see we're playing the same old game (including the opposition), it's so fucking obvious and it's not going to change

I find it astonishing that you can still get 10/1 on us to go down.

No goals, unable to defend and already 4 points down on the same games last year. I can genuinely see us getting to the new year having not won a game- we're that badly mismanaged.

Where can you get 10/1?

I find it astonishing that you can still get 10/1 on us to go down.

No goals, unable to defend and already 4 points down on the same games last year. I can genuinely see us getting to the new year having not won a game- we're that badly mismanaged.

Where can you get 10/1?

Looks like Ladbrokes is the only one still has 10's:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

you seriously can't see that we simply have no plan to get people forward to support the striker under any circumstances? to attack effectively as a unit and get midfielders beyond the striker to create space for him regardless of who is playing?

our "plan" will be for cabella, de jong and riviere to do it all themselves while the rest of them sit back so we don't get done on the counter, it's been this way for nearly 4 years, the difference has been until now pardew has had strikers who can score from nothing (ba) or are clinical enough to take the few scraps that come their way (remy)

everyone can see we're playing the same old game (including the opposition), it's so f***ing obvious and it's not going to change

I never said anything about solid plans or whatever. I still think we have some good attacking players who'll make it work in games where there's more space,  as that's what they're suited to.

This isn't at all pro-Pardew, it'll be in spite of him because he's not clever enough to coach teams to create their own space etc.

• 2 weeks later...