Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

At the moment I cannot see the reasoning behind there being enough dross to keep us up - this season we ARE the dross.

I would agree. I think there will be 4 worse teams but that's about it. I reckon we'll finish about 12-16th.

No chance are we getting relegated. Absolutely no chance.

Gonna be a shit, long and boring season though.

Really? Have you checked our record over the last 20-odd games? We've been in relegation form for over half a season now and I've not seen anything to suggest that's about to change.

Guest alijmitchell

I'd almost wish relegation on us if it meant the following;

A return of sensible minded fans

A new owner

A progressive manger and style of football

The deluded pro pardew/ashley mob fucked off for good

A new owner

The deluded pro pardew/ashley mob f***ed off for good

I couldn't see us coming back to the Premier League if we went down again like.

A new owner

I couldn't see us coming back to the Premier League if we went down again like.

Much as I hate Pardew I couldn't bear another relegation. Flirting with it enough to continue exposing the fraud will do me.

No chance are we getting relegated. Absolutely no chance.

Gonna be a shit, long and boring season though.

Really? Have you checked our record over the last 20-odd games? We've been in relegation form for over half a season now and I've not seen anything to suggest that's about to change.

We'll see.

A new owner

You'd almost wish relegation if all that was to happen as a direct consequence. Almost!? :lol:

I just can't see us getting relegated. Sure, we look rubbish at the minute but we've got more than enough players of mid-table quality to keep us up despite the moron who is picking the team. I've got us at a solid 4. We might flirt with it for a while but come the end of April we'll be 10 or so points clear.

I hate the manager. I don't particularly like any of our players. We don't score enough. We concede far too many. We play dull, negative and insipid football. We have zero ambition other than to stay up and we're not interested in qualifying for Europe or winning a trophy either.

We still won't go down though. We'll flirt with it, maybe even take it out for dinner, but we'll not be in the bottom 3 come May.

It's the drip, drip drip effect that I can't understand them not seeing.

Take Swansea for example, a club, with no disrespect to them, we were light years ahead of a whil back. They will comfortably finish ahead of us, not just this season, but barring implosions, they are building steadily year on year. So thats one more club ahead of us now.

Everton too, a club, at least in terms of PL history we should be matching...now comfortably ahead of us.

So say we survive, cos Palace, Burnley or Leicester can't hack it...We have still gone backwards. And all it takes is for a Forest, Leeds, Wolves to come up, invest and plan ahead and that's us bumped down the order again...Year on year being left behind by the top teams and out done, overtaken by similar sized clubs.

let's be honest if the Mackems got their arse in gear there's another bunch to overtake us.

Year on year a slide to a dogfight.

The games awash with money. Obscene amounts of it. we don't need to spend like Citeh but christ almighty lets actually invest something. With a plan, and a manager, and a board with ambition.

Pointless rant I know.

More of the same to come with the current rotten regime.

It's just so short sighted.

A new owner

You'd almost wish relegation if all that was to happen as a direct consequence. Almost!? :lol:

It wouldn't mean any of those things anyway.

For the first time since this threads inception, I feel pessimistic. All the past cries of "where are the goals going to come from" now ring true. We have no one to score goals. We can't stop goals from being scored. Our manager is a clueless fuckwit shithead who sets his teams out in the least dynamic and attacking sense I can imagine short of literally playing a 10-0-0.

Depends how early the seasonal Pardew bad (I mean really bad) run starts. History (including before NUFC) suggests that once he starts losing, he keeps losing until a) the season ends, b) he has a load of new players stuck under his nose or c) he gets the bullet.

Depends how early the seasonal Pardew bad (I mean really bad) run starts. History (including before NUFC) suggests that once he starts losing, he keeps losing until a) the season ends, b) he has a load of new players stuck under his nose or c) he gets the bullet.

Well b) has happened and there's no sign of improvement so far.

It's the drip, drip drip effect that I can't understand them not seeing.

Take Swansea for example, a club, with no disrespect to them, we were light years ahead of a whil back. They will comfortably finish ahead of us, not just this season, but barring implosions, they are building steadily year on year. So thats one more club ahead of us now.

Everton too, a club, at least in terms of PL history we should be matching...now comfortably ahead of us.

So say we survive, cos Palace, Burnley or Leicester can't hack it...We have still gone backwards. And all it takes is for a Forest, Leeds, Wolves to come up, invest and plan ahead and that's us bumped down the order again...Year on year being left behind by the top teams and out done, overtaken by similar sized clubs.

let's be honest if the Mackems got their arse in gear there's another bunch to overtake us.

Year on year a slide to a dogfight.

The games awash with money. Obscene amounts of it. we don't need to spend like Citeh but christ almighty lets actually invest something. With a plan, and a manager, and a board with ambition.

Pointless rant I know.

More of the same to come with the current rotten regime.

It's just so short sighted.

I think that's very well put, sadly.

The extent of our ambition is merely to stand still. We barely spend enough even to do that. We couldn't possibly sanction moves with any ambition whatsoever. 

The point of sport is to excel. Other than as a commercial shop window I'm still working out what the point of Newcastle United is these days.

I hate the manager. I don't particularly like any of our players. We don't score enough. We concede far too many. We play dull, negative and insipid football. We have zero ambition other than to stay up and we're not interested in qualifying for Europe or winning a trophy either.

We still won't go down though. We'll flirt with it, maybe even take it out for dinner, but we'll not be in the bottom 3 come May.

Agree.

It's got to the point where I would gladly take relegation, if it meant the end of Pardew, Ashley and everyone involved in this meaningless festering club, and bring a semblance of pride back to the club.

After looking at incomings and strength of squads in all areas I cannot think of 3 worse teams than us. Burnley are the only one I can see finishing below us. We ship goals like they are going out of fashion, we are a beaten team if we concede first as we have no tactics other than to hoof it to isolated striker. No creativity no goals in the side and complete average to shite players. Look at our bench no one to come on and change a game. 3 wins in 2014 and one of them against Gillingham says it all not scoring in something like 14 out of our last 18 games too

This club is fucked and destined to drop very soon