Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Aye, can't see his players being particularly desperate to send us down on his behalf. Doubt Kevin Nolan will be that eager to see us drop for a start.

Can see Nolan scoring the goal that puts us down.  Not exactly Damien Duff, as I think Nolan would at least be gutted to do it.

I'd stop watching football full stop if we ever appointed Allardyce.

He's an absolute embarassment. There's no way he'd cruise from job to job, loved by the media, if he wasn't English.

I'm sure you said something similar about Sherwood  :lol:

Just remembered hull played Man U away last game in 2009 though they lost we all know what happened to us. We need to beat qpr as I can't rely on spurs and Man U

Sunderland played Chelsea too...and we played a team in claret and blue....the rest is history

Prepare for bagpuss singing sloop John b

I'd stop watching football full stop if we ever appointed Allardyce.

He's an absolute embarassment. There's no way he'd cruise from job to job, loved by the media, if he wasn't English.

I'm sure you said something similar about Sherwood  :lol:

I said Sherwood was a terrible appointment, yes. I thought he was.

I just think stuff like long balls for Carroll to knock down to Nolan, all that obstructing the goalkeeper at set pieces, all the horrible cynical gamesmanship and then having to see his grotesque fat yamyam face as he chews gum and does his interviews after the match would drive me nuts.

Guest neesy111

I'm starting to quite like sherwood.

Same.

There is a difference in saying that from Sherwood to Allardyce, Sherwood had little under 2/3s of a season so you knew little of what football he would bring to his next club, while with allardyce you know 100% what you will get.

I'm starting to quite like sherwood.

He has extraordinary self confidence, that much is for sure. I don't really like that in managers, to be honest, but you have to say, he backs it up with results.

It'll be a different thing backing it up over a longer period, of course.

Also, he gets the piss taken out of his win rate, with it being 50% or whatever it was at Spurs, but since he has been here, we've won 8 of 14 matches in all competitions, which is in excess of 50%.

Having observed the facewarpingly shit side we were earlier this season, that's remarkable. In the last three years we have broken every single club record for shitness - most defeats in a season, second most defeats in a season (in our entire history), 11 hours without a goal, 13 goals in half a season, fewest passes, lowest average possession, all that stuff.

We were going to do a Derby County style relegation, not just get relegated.

The last four or five matches we've played some of the best football I've seen from us in absolutely ages. Smart, fast passing, midfielders bombing forward, getting into scoring positions. Listening to the Guardian podcast this week, they were referring to us against Everton where we "exchanged about 50 passes and just kept the ball for a few minutes". Under Lambert we'd manage 50 passes over about 5 matches.

Thus far, this is the most wrong I've ever been about anything in football.

The second thing I've been most wrong about is taking the "too late to change manager" line, which I usually tend towards. With us, I seriously reckon it is mostly about confidence. This manager has given us it, the last one sapped it.

You need to make the right appointment in the summer. Do so, and I genuinely think you'd improve masssively. You look to me very, very much like you're mentally and physically weighed down by exactly the same sort of doom-from-above that we were.

Which of course is what makes it all so frustrating for fans in the first place.

hope that happens tbh. We will fuck it up if we go to the last day of the season especially if we start it in the bottom 3. More confident of Hull losing at Spurs than them getting beat by Man Utd.

Yeah, it's firmly in our own hands though. If we beat QPR then Hull have to win both of their games, it is possible but the likelihood of it happening is slim, we also have the West Ham match to fall back on but hopefully we don't need it. I'm hoping that we can wrap up safety on Saturday.

I'm at work when we play the final game of the season and it will be hard being there if we are in a position where we can go down, I'm going to try and get it swapped but I doubt anyone would cover because most people will be like me and wanting to see what happen, others just won't want to work through their weekend.

This is laughable ... the talk of 2 wins in a row is ridiculous really 2 daws possibly

The point I was making was that a win against QPR or West Ham then Hull have to win 2 games, which is more unlikely than us winning two games.

We must beat QPR, if we do then it will probably be all over by the final day.

So QPR are down if they lose today?

We win next week and Hull lose to Spurs, we are safe?

What if we draw next week or lose? What's the safety scenario for final weekend?

QPR are perfectly capable of beating us on their day, hell Grimsby U8's could put up a decent fight against our lot. However I think it'll depend how they take relegation after today, play with the shackles off or flipflop football. I think Hull are all but gone now, Spurs is a winable game, they are terrible at the moment but they won't beat Manure. 2 draws or 1 win will see us safe.

After this weekend I feel a lot more confident we'll survive, no thanks to Carver, Hull are just even worse than us. We'll be safe, on game 37 a MA wet dream.

win both games :yao: and Palace lose theirs we will be on the same points.

That would actually be glorious after the creaming over Pardew in the media.

On second thoughts, they'd somehow find a way to justify his status as a top class manager.

What if we draw next week or lose? What's the safety scenario for final weekend?

We win and Hull don't win.

current scenario, we win our two games we're safe regardless or hull don't win any games. But if hull wins a game and we only draw one game or lose both we go down.

Hilarious that Sunderland have managed to lose at home 0-4, 1-4 (twice) and lost 8-0(!) at the start of the season yet still have a better goal difference than us by 4 goals