Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Sadly i can't see us staying up we have no goal threat like Sunderland and Norwich have scored a fair few

Norwich have 3 goals more than us and have played a game more.

top stat i did think it was way more , I am currently going off steves time at the club but atm both Sunderland and Norwich seem to have far better fight in the team then us

How many goals have we scored in our last 5 games? Games in hand are only helpful if you win.

Sadly i can't see us staying up we have no goal threat like Sunderland and Norwich have scored a fair few

Norwich have 3 goals more than us and have played a game more.

top stat i did think it was way more , I am currently going off steves time at the club but atm both Sunderland and Norwich seem to have far better fight in the team then us

How many goals have we scored in our last 5 games? Games in hand are only helpful if you win.

Just had a look at Sun/Pal/Nor reamining fixtures and it looks like we will need at least ten points to be safe.

We need wins against Norwich, swansea and Palace and to scrape something from another of our fixtures. Not looking very likely as I just can't see the goals coming unless Doumbia turns out to be the loan of the season! :blackeye: :sad: :morph:

Just had a look at Sun/Pal/Nor reamining fixtures and it looks like we will need at least ten points to be safe.

We need wins against Norwich, swansea and Palace and to scrape something from another of our fixtures. Not looking very likely as I just can't see the goals coming unless Doumbia turns out to be the loan of the season! :blackeye: :sad: :morph:

i looked at the mackems fixtures the other day and they seemed very favourable mind, based on them alone i'd be backing them to beat the drop ahead of us tbh

I feel the total opposite. I think they can get a win against West Brom at home in their next game but can''t see them getting another win after that.

Home games they have Leicester,Arsenal,Everton and Chelsea. Not an easy win in any of those.

Away they have Norwich,Stoke and Watford.

Norwich away could be anything,likely to win just as likely to lose. And Stoke and Watford away won't be an easy 3 points,Watford maybe the only game were they have the best chance of 3 points.

From paper I can see a total of 7 points from those games. (W against West Brom,D at Norwich and W against Watford.

They look a lot more capable than us right now and have experience of late escapes.

They're at what is more than likely their peak level, we can and most certainly will improve.

Just hoping Rafa can do a miracle. I was thinking the other day that the derby wasn't the right time for us. We had a new manager, playing at home, 50,000 expectant Geordies, the pressure of 6 derby defeats in a row and the mackems turning up all cocky, it was an easy situation for the players to go back into their shells. Had we played another opponent after the decent showing against Leicester and without the 'derby' pressure, it might have given us a better chance.

With the derby, all form went out the window and we just turned up like our usual self for the match. I'm hoping with that out of the way now, the manager 'bounce' would be more effective starting with the Norwich match and especially with the lift we got after that equaliser. Gonna be tough but it's not over yet.

They look a lot more capable than us right now and have experience of late escapes.

They're at what is more than likely their peak level, we can and most certainly will improve.

I agree that we can improve as a team Mick, but I just don't think we have enough in our locker in vital positions to get the wins we need.

Up front is a nightmare - relying on the likes of Cisse, past his best and wants to leave anyway, Mitrovic  who turns less quickly than a battleship, will never get more than 10-15 goals a season and is best suited to being a target man for long balls, Perez, who, whilst having skill on the ball, has looked woefully lightweight in the past few games and Doumbia, who none of us know much about. Only Townsend offers anything like a threat when he runs at defenders and he is not a goal-scorer.

I see why Rafa is playing Shelvey so deep - he probably wouldn't get much of the ball otherwise - but the players around him in m/f are suspect. Gini should be far more effective than he is and disappears for long spells ; Colback needs no further discussion and the same applies to Anita ; a fit and motivated Tiote MIGHT make a difference but when is that going to happen..? Sissoko is the ultimate flatter-to-deceiver in my opinion, should be a powerhouse, but mostly fires blanks and has an inflated opinion of his abilities.

In defence, we have probably ONE PL standard CB, one who is drawing his pension already, one who takes 2 months off every season(and often makes stupid tackles)and a young(ish)player who is still adapting to the PL ; we have a RB whose best asset is his flank overlapping but can't often make accurate crosses and often gets exposed by a decent winger and NO LB worth the name, which is why Jogback is playing there and will pick up yellows by the score when he does because he lacks pace and gets frustrated. Mbabu looked decent against Chelsea, but would be thrown in at the deep end.

Only Elliott has looked a PL goal-keeper - without him, we could well have lost the Derby.....

So, yes - Rafa WILL get more organization into the side, but he is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, thanks to the genius of Charnley & Carr in the transfer market....if we go down the blame lies squarely on these 2 and with Ashley for appointing them.

The stars are fucking aligning at every turn to ensure we get sent down this season. Whenever there's even the slightest bit of hope, in comes fate with some fuck off size 11s to stomp all over it! There's just too many things stacking up against us, fucking Villa ditching Garde, the cunts are going down anyway - you see them get Pearson in now and cost us three crucial points, especially with Elliott getting injured too. I just fucking despair at the shit luck we have. I'm not saying we don't deserve to be in a relegation fight but fuck sake, the gods could give us a break (other than Elliott's knee!)  :dave:

The stars haven't aligned, we've been largely poor for the first 30 games with the odd notable exception. We've been badly managed and coached for several years, we've signed layers for the wrong reasons and wasted lots of money on players either unsuitable or unnecessary. We're down there because of the way the club and team has been poorly run for a sustained period of time.

Rob Elliot twisting his knee isn't the reason we're staring relegation in the face, we're fucking shit and the players don't care. We're not down there by mistake or accident or fluke.