Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Phillipealbert

Wow, it's going to be close:

15 Crystal Palace 38 9 9 20 34:51 -17 36

16 Swansea City 38 9 9 20 32:50 -18 36

17 Newcastle        38 10 6 22 34:67 -33 36

18 Norwich City 38 8 10 20 34:61 -27 34

19 Sunderland      38 6 11 21 38:68 -30 29

20 Aston Villa 38 3 8 27 25:70 -45 17

That's with us winning the Derby BTW.  Lose that, and we're both going down.

You might as well post a picture of a dog as post one of those prediction things.

If any of us could predict football results to a point where a 10 game league table would be accurate to within a couple of points at most (which is what this will probably come down to), we'd never have to work again. But we can't. So stop it.

You might as well post a picture of a dog as post one of those prediction things.

If any of us could predict football results to a point where a 10 game league table would be accurate to within a couple of points at most (which is what this will probably come down to), we'd never have to work again. But we can't. So stop it.

Good point Wullie. We need another way... can you make out any patina on yer bucket which looks like the face of  God? (Keegan that is...) "It's a sign, it's a sign!"

Norwich will also see us as one of the games they can win.

As Dave says, its hard to see Swansea and Palace being dragged into it, they basically only need 3pts each to stay up. Theres no way NUFC and the scum will get 4 wins apiece out of 9 games.

Draw tomorrow and I reckon it will be both us and the mackems joining Villa.

What was Leicester's position this time last season? Were they better or worse off than us?

Norwich will also see us as one of the games they can win.

As Dave says, its hard to see Swansea and Palace being dragged into it, they basically only need 3pts each to stay up. Theres no way NUFC and the scum will get 4 wins apiece out of 9 games.

Draw tomorrow and I reckon it will be both us and the mackems joining Villa.

What was Leicester's position this time last season? Were they better or worse off than us?

Much worse off (7 points I think) with a harder run-in.

Yesterday's result has turned this one into the 'must not lose', and the Norwich game into the 'must win' category.

I know it seems like it now, but neither of them are must wins really. We could easily win other games instead and same goes for Norwich and the mackems. Everything could turn on it's head week to week, especially considering you get weird results on the run in to the season.

The best approach is just to take one game at a time.

Just reminded me of someone who gets paid to do this.  Let's have a look at his table:

http://i.imgur.com/JyBkosa.png

I think the worst thing about this is that he does it week by week, but doesn't adapt as the season goes on.  :lol:  He keeps predicting Leicester to lose and Chelsea to win every game.  West Ham on 20 points FFS.  :lol:

Everyone agreed we needed to win that match, and we didn't.

The only thing that can save us now is that we got a late equaliser after throwing everything (everything we have, which isn't saying much) at them. Could be important for confidence.

But I doubt it.

Gut feeling is we're down.

The international break might give us enough time to improve again but I don't think Benitez can work miracles. If a new manager bounce with someone like Benitez combined with a local derby can't motivate some of those players that we seem to carry then nothing will.

Everyone agreed we needed to win that match, and we didn't.

The only thing that can save us now is that we got a late equaliser after throwing everything (everything we have, which isn't saying much) at them. Could be important for confidence.

But I doubt it.

Trying to stay glass half-empty by saying we've clearly improved/ing and may actually win a game or two on top of our remaining 'easier' must-wins against Norwich and Villa.

Guest DonaldGrump

9.5 we simply had to win today,  we just havent got the goals in us to get enough points to stay up. Defeat at Norwich next week, and lets be honest thats likely, we are done for.  Look at the run in where are we going to get more points than the Mackems? Win today we would have been above them and even with Palace to come at home in with a shout of catching them.  I think its Villa us and the mackems for the drop....though Defoe could keep them up at the expense of Norwich.