Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The stars haven't aligned, we've been largely poor for the first 30 games with the odd notable exception. We've been badly managed and coached for several years, we've signed layers for the wrong reasons and wasted lots of money on players either unsuitable or unnecessary. We're down there because of the way the club and team has been poorly run for a sustained period of time.

Rob Elliot twisting his knee isn't the reason we're staring relegation in the face, we're fucking shit and the players don't care. We're not down there by mistake or accident or fluke.

... which is what I said to a degree, except that when we're down things just appear to add to the general curse we have - that curse being all of the above, as well as some poxy pikey hex thrown on the club.

The stars haven't aligned, we've been largely poor for the first 30 games with the odd notable exception. We've been badly managed and coached for several years, we've signed layers for the wrong reasons and wasted lots of money on players either unsuitable or unnecessary. We're down there because of the way the club and team has been poorly run for a sustained period of time.

Rob Elliot twisting his knee isn't the reason we're staring relegation in the face, we're fucking shit and the players don't care. We're not down there by mistake or accident or fluke.

... which is what I said to a degree, except that when we're down things just appear to add to the general curse we have - that curse being all of the above, as well as some poxy pikey hex thrown on the club.

Wasn't aimed at you directly chap. :lol:

If/when we go it won't be down to individual pieces of luck it'll be a succession of poor decisions made at all levels of the club from playing, to managing to overseeing the club in it's entirety. It's not bad luck, it's rank bad decisions and bad practise that have us in 19th place with 8 games to go.

If/when we go it won't be down to individual pieces of luck it'll be a succession of poor decisions made at all levels of the club from playing, to managing to overseeing the club in it's entirety. It's not bad luck, it's rank bad decisions and bad practise that have us in 19th place with 8 games to go.

We're just wank really aren't we  :sad:

We're just wank really aren't we  :sad:

Yep.

Elliot or Darlow, Mitrovic or Cisse, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, it's not the little things that'll send us down it's the way the club has been run for the last 5 years or so. We deserve to go down, not 100% sure we'll go down but we certainly deserve to. 

Rob Elliot twisting his knee isn't the reason we're staring relegation in the face, we're f***ing s*** and the players don't care. We're not down there by mistake or accident or fluke.

We're just w*** really aren't we  :sad:

Yep.

Elliot or Darlow, Mitrovic or Cisse, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, it's not the little things that'll send us down it's the way the club has been run for the last 5 years or so. We deserve to go down, not 100% sure we'll go down but we certainly deserve to.

:clap: to both this and your original post.

Guest Phillipealbert

Rob Elliot twisting his knee isn't the reason we're staring relegation in the face, we're f***ing s*** and the players don't care. We're not down there by mistake or accident or fluke.

We're just w*** really aren't we  :sad:

Yep.

Spot on.  The club (Ashley's club) is disgusting, and if I were a neutral, I'd love to see us go down.  As always, it's the fans who lose out.

If Rafa somehow manages to get us out of this mess, I'll happily chip in if we get a statue of him at SJP. It's a total mess and under my normal sane self, I'd probably have given up after tonight. But because there 8 games left for us and Rafa is the manager, I'm just going to hang on to the last straw I have until the next disaster hits us.

Spot on.  The club (Ashley's club) is disgusting, and if I were a neutral, I'd love to see us go down.  As always, it's the fans who lose out.

Ditto us with the handling of the Johnson mess. If we both go down with Villa it'll probably be the most popular relegation ever  :embarrassed:

Ditto us with the handling of the Johnson mess. If we both go down with Villa it'll probably be the most popular relegation ever  :embarrassed:

No no no.  Everyone prefers Sunderland, marra.  Classy club and the more successful.  Because everyone hates the jawdees, Sunderland are well liked by other fans.  #RTG

Guest Phillipealbert

I still like to think Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd going down would be the ultimate.

An Everton vs Watford FA Cup Final would be absolutely disastrous!

Wed 11 May

Norwich vs Watford

Sunderland vs Everton

Sun 15 May

Everton vs Norwich

Watford vs Sunderland

An Everton vs Watford FA Cup Final would be absolutely disastrous!

Wed 11 May

Norwich vs Watford

Sunderland vs Everton

Sun 15 May

Everton vs Norwich

Watford vs Sunderland

Both teams will be coasting, regardless.  Both going to finish safe, but outside of Europe and probably not in the top half.  So I don't see that it makes any difference.

Palace will keep dropping and dropping and dropping and dropping.

Norwich is a massive game, but the Palace game will be even bigger by the time we play them.

Must not lose on Saturday, a lose would be disastrous whereas a draw we could cope with (especially if the mackems lost). A win would be nice, but we support Newcastle so we may as well plan for the worst :lol:

Norwich is a massive game, but the Palace game will be even bigger by the time we play them.

Must not lose on Saturday, a lose would be disastrous whereas a draw we could cope with (especially if the mackems lost). A win would be nice, but we support Newcastle so we may as well plan for the worst :lol:

Obviously it wouldn't be anywhere near over mathematically.  But if we fail to win tomorrow, I think we're screwed. 

Obviously it wouldn't be anywhere near over mathematically.  But if we fail to win tomorrow, I think we're screwed.

I can't get past a strong sense that we needed 6 points, or at least 4, from Bournemouth and Sunderland. I'm looking forward to usual pre-match delusional optimism kicking-in.