Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Playing against the so-called bigger clubs will suit us.

Yep, we can't break teams down at all. Playing on the counter is how we will get points, people better get used this because we will get points against so called better sides and struggle in the games we should win all season.

It's just how this team is built until we get some better quality in forward areas.

Playing against the so-called bigger clubs will suit us.

Relying on our defence individually to be bang on their game for that though. Can be as compact as we want but someone like Coutinho or Firmino will take the mick next week.

Did you think the same of Dele Alli or Eriksen in the first game?

Yep and Alli strolled in to score due to our full-back playing him on iirc. Was hoping Lascelles for instance had turned a corner the last 2-3 games but that was reckless going for that ball like he did today for instance.

When we had 11 men Elliot didn't have to do anything.

Yep and Alli strolled in to score due to our full-back playing him on iirc. Was hoping Lascelles for instance had turned a corner the last 2-3 games but that was reckless going for that ball like he did today for instance.

We were never going to hold out spurs with 10 men.

11 v 11 we completely nullified Spurs like.

They were obviously going to find more space when one of our players left the field.

:thup:

Absolutely zero reason why we can't do the same to Liverpool, only we'll probably get more joy on the break, Liverpool's defence is nothing compared to Spurs'.

Liverpool have more pace than Spurs so i don't see how the two are comparable, if Spurs get in behind us the likelihood is they won't score.

If Firmino or Salah gets in behind us it's a goal.

That's a ludicrous statement imo.

Considering that they got in behind West Ham on multiple occasions and failed to score it's not really, that's the problem with Spurs as good as they are they lack speed to kill teams compared to the other top teams.

Liverpool have more pace than Spurs so i don't see how the two are comparable, if Spurs get in behind us the likelihood is they won't score.

Considering that they got in behind West Ham on multiple occasions and failed to score it's not really, that's the problem with Spurs as good as they are they lack speed to kill teams compared to the other top teams.

When we played Spurs with 11 men they didn't get behind us. They looked utterly toothless. Liverpool won't be allowed to either. Rafa'll sort that.

Didn't both of Kane's goals yesterday happen when Alli got behind the West Ham defence?

Didn't both of Kane's goals yesterday happen when Alli got behind the West Ham defence?

Yes, i didn't say they were snails or anything :lol: But they would have scored 7 or 8 if they had someone like Salah.

They get in behind all the time but don't really enough pace to exploit it consistently.

Not massively worried yet but don't like the thought of having to look over our shoulders so soon in the season. We need every point on the board asap and today was a chance to nick one and we missed out. We're going to lose games, take the odd hiding every now and again but we need to grind points out of games like that today.

I'm probably on a 2 at this point.

Going out on a limb here I know, love Rafa, but I think his foundation of caution and defence-first may have possibly cost us today. Just a little more adventurous from the off may have seen us home. The team certainly looked better with Shelvey and Gayle, but why leave it so late to go looking.

In terms of relegation, we're not going back down as it is. 0.

Going out on a limb here I know, love Rafa, but I think his foundation of caution and defence-first may have possibly cost us today. Just a little more adventurous from the off may have seen us home. The team certainly looked better with Shelvey and Gayle, but why leave it so late to go looking.

We could have easily been ahead in the 1st half, like. Think we'll be fine but the players we have aren't particularly good enough to break teams down consistently. We saw it when losing to utter s**** like Blackburn, Wolves and Ipswich last season.

We'll still be 6th after 6th games. No panic. You never win "every" game you expect to. Losing an away game isn't catastrophic.

Today is no catastrophy clearly. It's a shame it wasn't us that won it as I think it'd be quite close to one for Brighton tbqh.

As it is, I'm very disappointed to miss out on a point against a really poor team.

My next game is Southampton away and I said to my sons today as we left the Amex that I think that game might suit us a bit more as Saint's will be expecting to win and will therefore come at us.

I honestly can't see us going down this season, assuming Rafa's still here. Even with our faults, we're miles ahead of a lot of clubs right now.

That could change if we lose a lot of players throughout the season and Mike refuses to spend money in January.