Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need a Burnley win tomorrow like. Psychologically for Fulham if they get to 4-6 points of us they’ll be thinking they just need to make up 3 points before the last day and it’s job done.

Yea I’ve stopped worrying about keeping other teams involved in it and am entirely focused on Fulham losing. Watching that god awful Burnley side and hoping they beat Fulham tomorrow is going to be grim.

If you want to keep bacon you want a Burnley win, if you want rid of bacon and to see if the takeover is happening you want a Fulham win

Wouldn’t be bothered with a Fulham win if it meant that the bigger picture would be rosier. Relegation has never really been a worry for me anyway. NUFC were a 2nd tier team when I started following them and a lot of my favourite memories of following Newcastle have been as a 2nd Division club. I said in another thread on Sunday that the 92/93 season will always be my favourite season ever. Hand on heart how many people can honestly say they've enjoyed us being a Premier League team under Mike Ashley? I mean I don't don't watch the matches on TV anymore I'm that bored of it!

If you want to keep bacon you want a Burnley win, if you want rid of bacon and to see if the takeover is happening you want a Fulham win

How's that?

I feel with the gap as it is they feel we are safe and Bruce won't be binned unless we are in serious danger remember mcClaren? If the takeover is alive they'd want to make a change asap unless they get it cheaper even if it's Jones overseeing things to keep us up.

And it would be interesting  to see the managers who come forward  if bacon does get binned

Sleepwalking into oblivion

This is how Henry Winter described it in his match report yesterday. Said we looked worryingly lightweight, and tbf, Chelsea were just barging straight through us in the first half. Bruce might have been delighted with the second half, but those who have any sort of standards weren't impressed at all.

Amazing how people think 7 points is even remotely secure.

Leicester were 15 points clear of Man Utd on this day 12 months ago (after 25 games played), they finished below them.

Due to playing Fulham on the final day, they only need to gain 4 points on us between now and then to overtake us in that match. If Fulham win tomorrow, we’re in massive s***.

On that basis, I assume you think we have a good chance of catching Wolves given we are only  5 points behind them and still have to play them?

We would if we weren't shit.

Amazing how people think 7 points is even remotely secure.

Leicester were 15 points clear of Man Utd on this day 12 months ago (after 25 games played), they finished below them.

Due to playing Fulham on the final day, they only need to gain 4 points on us between now and then to overtake us in that match. If Fulham win tomorrow, we’re in massive s***.

On that basis, I assume you think we have a good chance of catching Wolves given we are only  5 points behind them and still have to play them?

We would if we weren't s***.

Yup :thup:

Sleepwalking into oblivion

I don’t even think we’re sleepwalking to it now, we’ve opened the door up for Fulham. We’re just really lucky that Allardyce wasn’t able to do his usual rescue job.

Still think you're fretting over nothing. Once they add on our points at the end of the season for Bruce being a great bloke we should be OK.

I was looking at the table earlier and I don't think Brighton are out of the woods either. If (and a big if) Fulham pick up a couple of wins, you could feasibly end up with a pack of three or four clubs fighting to avoid the last relegation spot.

*eight. Arsenal might yet get roped in.

There's more or less half a season left, Fulham were always going to pick up points, but so will we. Unless their January signings have dramatically improved them, they'll struggle.

Maja could be massive for them IMO, every time I watched them Cavaleiro would miss 2-3 pretty good chances.

I was looking at the table earlier and I don't think Brighton are out of the woods either. If (and a big if) Fulham pick up a couple of wins, you could feasibly end up with a pack of three or four clubs fighting to avoid the last relegation spot.

*eight. Arsenal might yet get roped in.

You'd imagine Burnley and Wolves will do just about enough. Brighton are really struggling in front of goal and Palace look really poor minus Zaha.