Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just have to hope we keep ticking along with 4 points from Wolves, WBA, Villa and Brighton.

Then Wilson comes back for the last 7 or 8 games, so we can squeeze a win.

Having said that, I had us and Fulham get 32 pts on a relegation predictor.

It’s a good job we’ve got a manager who knows how to ease players back into the side to avoid re-injury.

We've got Man Utd, which is an obvious defeat, then it's Wolves and West Brom, followed by a relatively kind set of fixtures all the way until mid-April.

Wolves and West Brom are really important games because if we don't find at least three points there, we're headfirst into some steep downwards momentum, with no incoming coach or incoming transfers to jolt us out of a new malaise.

But if we stop the impending rot there, I think that'll form a line in the sand and by the middle of April, relegation won't even be on our minds. So they're big games, them two.

It rests on Bruce/Jones finding an alternative focal point at the top of the pitch to Wilson, and particularly players like ASM, Almiron, Fraser and Willock performing; but I feel pretty certain that there's sufficient talent in the squad to ensure we keep ourselves ahead of Fulham, even if they keep improving.

We've got Man Utd, which is an obvious defeat, then it's Wolves and West Brom, followed by a relatively kind set of fixtures all the way until mid-April.

Not sure I’d agree Aston Villa, Tottenham and West Ham are kind fixtures at the moment. Even Brighton away is generally problematic for us.

Amazing how people think 7 points is even remotely secure.

Leicester were 15 points clear of Man Utd on this day 12 months ago (after 25 games played), they finished below them.

Due to playing Fulham on the final day, they only need to gain 4 points on us between now and then to overtake us in that match. If Fulham win tomorrow, we’re in massive shit.

Guest neesy111

I'd prefer a draw tonight in all honesty. We're hardly cut off from the teams above and as shite as we are, you'd expect at least on of them to have a poor run.

Tonight?

I'm happy to go down, if it means Ashley is out of pocket or a takeover is closer, then so be it. What's the point in staying up to go through the same s*** again in 12 months?

More funny moments like Keith Stroud to look forward to :lol:

This! It’s really beyond me why anyone is worried or panicking. Also it’s a f***ing disgrace we are even having to have this debate about relegation again at all. All self inflicted AGAIN. Also I believe we are more likely to get a new owner outside of the PL as all these seasons in the PL haven’t shifted Ashley. It worked well for villa.

I'd prefer a draw tonight in all honesty. We're hardly cut off from the teams above and as shite as we are, you'd expect at least on of them to have a poor run.

Tonight?

Tomorrow. My sincere apologies.

I’m still about a 6 as I have been since the Everton win (was certain we’d be down before that). The significance of the Wilson, Schar and Manquillo injuries really showed last night as the replacements and effect on play style was very clear.

What I’m most worried about is how good Fulham look though. West Brom, Sheffield United, Us, Palace all look like teams that should go down. Fulham look like they could put a real run wins together and given they’ve got Burnley, Sheffield United and Palace in their next few I think things will look much differently in 2 months time.

I'm happy to go down, if it means Ashley is out of pocket or a takeover is closer, then so be it. What's the point in staying up to go through the same s*** again in 12 months?

This! It’s really beyond me why anyone is worried or panicking. Also it’s a f***ing disgrace we are even having to have this debate about relegation again at all. All self inflicted AGAIN. Also I believe we are more likely to get a new owner outside of the PL as all these seasons in the PL haven’t shifted Ashley. It worked well for villa.

We’ve been relegated twice and neither occasion had a takeover appear, or even appear remotely close.

The only takeover which has appeared to be close, has occurred during relative PL safety. A fee has been agreed and would obviously need to be renegotiated in the event of relegation. MA has always had an unrealistic viewpoint on our valuation and that’d become even more unrealistic in the Championship.

I have never understood the view of wanting/happy with relegation. We then go down and spend one season desperate to get promoted. What’s the point in that? The standard of football is minging.

The alternative is to crash down to the level of the mackems and mix with chancers as new owners.

It’s not true at all we’re ‘more likely’ to have a new owner outside of the PL. The only hope we have is the one currently in progression. That deal would be complicated more with relegation, therefore relegation would be disastrous as we don’t need any more complication in this deal.

We’ve been relegated twice and neither occasion had a takeover appear, or even appear remotely close.

The only takeover which has appeared to be close, has occurred during relative PL safety. A fee has been agreed and would obviously need to be renegotiated in the event of relegation. MA has always had an unrealistic viewpoint on our valuation and that’d become even more unrealistic in the Championship.

I have never understood the view of wanting/happy with relegation. We then go down and spend one season desperate to get promoted. What’s the point in that? The standard of football is minging.

The alternative is to crash down to the level of the mackems and mix with chancers as new owners.

It’s not true at all we’re ‘more likely’ to have a new owner outside of the PL. The only hope we have is the one currently in progression. That deal would be complicated more with relegation, therefore relegation would be disastrous as we don’t need any more complication in this deal.

Unlike now - where we have a purpose and play beautiful football?

I'm not saying relegation will guarantee us being closer to a takeover, in fact I'd go as far as saying it will have no impact either way. What will happen though is one or the other, a takeover or Ashley being out of pocket. At this stage I think Ashley being hit in the pocket is one of the few things that helps us push on. It's so backward.

Amazing how people think 7 points is even remotely secure.

Leicester were 15 points clear of Man Utd on this day 12 months ago (after 25 games played), they finished below them.

Due to playing Fulham on the final day, they only need to gain 4 points on us between now and then to overtake us in that match. If Fulham win tomorrow, we’re in massive s***.

On that basis, I assume you think we have a good chance of catching Wolves given we are only  5 points behind them and still have to play them?