Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If West Ham do their job, that's a strong gap.

We just need to find another 10 points, the rest will sort itself out.

Cant see any of the bottom 3 getting to 30 points. I'm being pessimistic as fuck looking at Fulham today, it really is done now.

I reckon 32 or 33 points will be enough this season.

Yup.

Sheff Utd have seemingly left it too late, Fulham don’t have enough cutting edge and West Brom are shite.

I reckon 32 or 33 points will be enough this season.

Fulham are about to play Burnley and Sheff Utd, so if that goes well we're good.

I've just been doing some comparisons between the 2020/21 season Premier League table, with previous seasons as at the same date, to see what the relegation battle looks like and where #NUFC is positioned (the TL;DR is that we're in a better position than previous years.

As at 7th Feb:

• 2020/21 Season, 18th Position = Fulham @ 15 points; NUFC is in 16th, but 10 points clear of 18th
  • 2019/20 Season, 18th Position = West Ham @ 24 points; NUFC was in 12th, but only 7 points clear of 18th
  • 2018/19 Season, 18th Position = Cardiff @ 22 points; NUFC was 15th, but only 2 points clear of 18th

So whilst our league position, this year, looks dire (as it was at the same time during the 18/19 season) we're actually in a far stronger position.  The bottom 3 this season (Fulham, West Brom', and Sheffield) are having atrocious seasons.  Whilst relegation is still definitely possible for NUFC and being in a relegation battle is still very much the case, the data doesn't lie, NUFC is in a far stronger position (relegation battle wise) than we were at the same time in the previous 2 seasons.

Data courtesy of https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/