Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest tommykay

I agree, Kinnear has made some bad decisions and hopefully he is learning from them, on a positive note i do think he is having a good effect on the team and today was the best away performance i've seen in a while and we'll go in the Spurs game full of confidence.

The Derby game was our 2nd or 3rd away match.  It was the 2-2 draw at home that was the bigger sickner against them.

That was later in the season and we still didnt go down.

Results are funny, just because we couldnt beat Stoke at home doesnt mean we wont go on to beat better teams just like last season.. and the season before etc etc. I think we'll win our next two games for the record.

:snod:

Indie. :smug:

This horrendous manager who's taken points from 9 of his 11 games? He's made mistakes but considering the state we were in when he arrived I'd say he's done ok actually. 2 losses from 11. I'd have settled for that 3 months ago.

2 losses from 11 doesn't excuse some of the woeful decisions that have led to us dropping a lot of attainable points. You can swing it the other way aswell, and say 3 wins in 11. And that is far from good enough for me, given the teams we've played and the players we've got. Just my opinion like.

Fair enough.

We've dropped points I'd have expected us to win and we've also won points I'd not have expected. As I say, in comparison to freefall - I'd settle for what he's done so far.

Each to their own though. :) 

I won't be surprised if we're in the relegation zone come the turn of the New Year. If we're four or five points clear of it, then i'll give him credit because i'd regard that as reasonably acceptable given the situation of the club. Nothing will convince me, however, that he is anything but a very poor manager. We're fortunate to have what is, imo, a quality collection of players.

So Ashley put a good squad together then?

This horrendous manager who's taken points from 9 of his 11 games? He's made mistakes but considering the state we were in when he arrived I'd say he's done ok actually. 2 losses from 11. I'd have settled for that 3 months ago.

2 losses from 11 doesn't excuse some of the woeful decisions that have led to us dropping a lot of attainable points. You can swing it the other way aswell, and say 3 wins in 11. And that is far from good enough for me, given the teams we've played and the players we've got. Just my opinion like.

Fair enough.

We've dropped points I'd have expected us to win and we've also won points I'd not have expected. As I say, in comparison to freefall - I'd settle for what he's done so far.

I won't be surprised if we're in the relegation zone come the turn of the New Year. If we're four or five points clear of it, then i'll give him credit because i'd regard that as reasonably acceptable given the situation of the club. Nothing will convince me, however, that he is anything but a very poor manager. We're fortunate to have what is, imo, a quality collection of players.

We're a little light in a couple of areas, but his recruitment team certainly did, aye.

Fair enough.

We're a little light in a couple of areas, but his recruitment team certainly did, aye.

I think the overall direction of the transfer window was a bit off, in that we didn't acquire for Milner and picked up Xisco instead, who it looks like we blatantly don't need. (As far as CMs go we did get Nacho, nobody could know that he'd go crock himself and take Barton along with him.)

As far as the individual players that we got though? Every single one that's played has been spot on.

Fair enough.

I think the overall direction of the transfer window was a bit off, in that we didn't acquire for Milner and picked up Xisco instead, who it looks like we blatantly don't need. (As far as CMs go we did get Nacho, nobody could know that he'd go crock himself and take Barton along with him.)

As far as the individual players that we got though? Every single one that's played has been spot on.

I think 4 new first-team players out of 11 in any window is more than enough. Its not a precise science.

I doubt the Xisco transfer came about because of Milner going, I don't think the two are connected and we have had problems getting frowards fit this season.  It's just a pity that Xisco has also been injured because somebody within the club has seen something in him.

Someone has seen something in Xisco and it's criminal that he may never have a fair crack at the whip with us. The same people saw something in Jonas, Bassong, Colo (and Guthrie aswell, i suppose) and they got it spot on with them... so it's a crying shame that Xisco hasn't been given a proper go.

Someone has seen something in Xisco and it's criminal that he may never have a fair crack at the whip with us. The same people saw something in Jonas, Bassong, Colo (and Guthrie aswell, i suppose) and they got it spot on with them... so it's a crying shame that Xisco hasn't been given a proper go.

I agree. I feel sorry for him, he must be wishing he had stayed at deportivo.

Hopefully he'll get his chance, Ameobi and Viduka currently ahead of him on the bench.

I don't feel too pessimistic about Xisco at the moment. As I understand it he's currently injured, although not listed on physioroom. I wouldn't be surprised to see him later in the season if we've been steered away from the drop zone somewhat. I suppose it'd make sense to rely on players that you know about or are willing to perform for you like Ameobi & Viduka as opposed to a striker that's very new to the league and country, with his best years ahead of him.

Could even see him pop up at the KC stadium for the FA cup 3rd round.

I think we have to bear in mind the exceptional circumstances Xisco came in under, it was never the right time to bed in a young untried foreign striker... hopefully he'll get his chance when things settle down a bit.

I agree completely. The stick he's got has been a tad harsh iyam. Although according to Kinnear he couldn't hit a barn door. :lol:

I think we have to bear in mind the exceptional circumstances Xisco came in under, it was never the right time to bed in a young untried foreign striker... hopefully he'll get his chance when things settle down a bit.

I agree completely. The stick he's got has been a tad harsh iyam. Although according to Kinnear he couldn't hit a barn door. :lol:

If we sell Xisco in January I will be so incredibly annoyed.

If we sell Xisco in January I will be so incredibly annoyed.

There is long list of players I would be more bothered about than the 5th choice striker leaving.

ive changed mine from a 10 before the game to a 1 after. then back to a 10 again because west ham got a point at chelsea.

I did exactly the same but have gone back to 1 today with the news that we've made Owen an offer, I'll be back to 10 before 9pm if he hasn't accepted by then.

Think we may turn a corner. We seem to be defending well, also Owen is joint 4th on the top scorers list with 7 goals, while Oba is joint 5th with 6 goals. Looking at that im starting to think we might just be too good to go down. Lets pray we keep those 2 fit.