Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

So 3 games we'll probably lose and a derby game. Down to 4 2 home matches.

Four Three fucking matches.

I can only see a max of 6 points there, awful feeling.

To give this some context, we've not beaten one team we wouldn't be expected to all season (other than Spurs and that was incredibly lucky).

As recently as midweek i was saying with a degree of certainty that we wouldn't go down; but if you can't get a point at home to Reading, you've got to concede that the writing really could be on the wall.

As recently as midweek i was saying with a degree of certainty that we wouldn't go down; but if you can't get a point at home to Reading, you've got to concede that the writing really could be on the wall.

Exactly this. Not just the result but the way it happened.

Villa, QPR and Norwich to go down...

QPR won't go down.

They could be dead and buried after the next 4 games like.

Man City (H)

Norwich (H)

Swansea (A)

Man Utd (H)

I can see them getting 3 points. I can see that being as good as we get too mind in the same 4 games, but that would leave them on 18 points after 27 games. They'd need pretty much double that tally in 11 to just give themselves a fighting chance.

Villa, QPR and Norwich to go down...

QPR won't go down.

They could be dead and buried after the next 4 games like.

Man City (H)

Norwich (H)

Swansea (A)

Man Utd (H)

I can see them getting 3 points. I can see that being as good as we get too mind in the same 4 games, but that would leave them on 18 points after 27 games. They'd need pretty much double that tally in 11 to just give themselves a fighting chance.

With momentum and the feel good factor of top signings they will beat teams they have no right to beat (Chelsea being the recent example) I just don't think we look like doing that. At all.

Redknapp attacks sides, Pardew tries to ensure they don't muller us.

Edit - I hope you're right obviously.

I've had the misfortune of watching nearly every QPR game this season because Park captains them so hey're always on TV. They're horrific. Team full of selfish individuals with no understanding, movement, or teamwork whatsoever. Redknapp has got a few decent results but fundamentally he hasn't changed that.

Would be a massive effort for them to stay u.

I've had the misfortune of watching nearly every QPR game this season because Park captains them so hey're always on TV. They're horrific. Team full of selfish individuals with no understanding, movement, or teamwork whatsoever. Redknapp has got a few decent results but fundamentally he hasn't changed that.

Would be a massive effort for them to stay u.

I sincerely hope you're right Oldtype.

Only thing keeping us up is that there are few teams that are utter garbage. If Wigan, QPR and Soton don´t get their act together that may save us. I still think we will win those easy home games, just need reinforcements. The bench today was horrible.

Maybe Ashley isn't as concerned about relegation as we think. Last time we had a load of shite on the books with big wages, this time we've got good players on relatively low wages, therefore relegation won't cost as much, and we aren't in a desperate need to sell. Of course these younger more highly thought of players will fetch a good price and that allows for the decks to be cleared and us go for cheap replacements to see us back in the premiership.

Just think what we'd get for Krul, Santon, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, HBA, Anita?

We can still play:

Harper

Raylor  Willo  Saylor  LB

Perch Gosling

Obertan            Ferguson

Shola    Sammy

Really, all he needs is a LB.