Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The dickhead in charge's attacking strategy is actually to hit balls at the opposition defence and a) hope there is a defensive spillage b) hope Ba/Cisse can finish from any spillage.

THAT IS THE FULL EXTENT OF OUR ATTACKING PLAY.

It's been the same with Cabaye, HBA and Colo in the team at different points this season. I'm at a non-sarcastic 9, because I don't think we'll get rid of Pardew until very late in the day.

Right, I'm at 10.

Keeping Colo + new signings, I'll go to 8/9.

I must be interpreting this thing differently to everyone else. If it's a scale of 1-10, surely 10, 'doomed' means 95-100%, definite. If the rest of the season was played out 10 times, on every occasion we'd be relegated. In a best case scenario, it would be played out 20 times and once we wouldn't.

Voting anything like 9 now is ridiculous. Apart from maybe Derby and those two mackem record breakers, probably no team has warranted a 9 in january. Sorry for derailing and taking the relegationometer too seriously, but I'm just a bit baffled.

I'm on a 3 after the signings.

5 if these signings come off. I know it's fickle, but there's only so bad we can be with so many good players.

:thup:

Wonder where we'd be in the table right now if we'd done these deals in the summer?

I'm confident that once the players bed in a bit and things settle down this side will beat teams. You put Mbiwa, Sissoko into that side to go with Debuchy and bring a fit again HBA and we're a totally diffferent prospect 2nd half of the season.

I think we'll win enough games to stay up.

Shit could you imagine this squad in the championship, surely we have enough now to stay up, surely par dew can't fuck this up ?

He won't.

On a totally unrelated point, it's great how you just forget about last match before the next one.

I don't hate the bloke, he has just been put in a position he shouldn't be in but the amount of times Willo has cost us directly or others having to cover him is a lot.

Now he is 4th choice I can see us throwing away a lot less points like we have. I also reckon with Saylor back and if Mapou hits the ground running Pardew is going to be a lot less likely to bottle it and go so defensive to 'see out' games.

We have a pacey centre back now so shouldn't be caught on the break so much. Santon and Debuchy are hardly slow either.

Moussa should give us a lot more support going forward as well as more battle in midfield. Plus adding some height in both boxes.

Hopefully Gouffran can get a few goals, his pace will be a plus.

Haidara will give us more options at the back and will give Santon a bit of a push to keep his place.

All in all we have made some real quality signings that give us strength in depth but more importantly options. Shola can even go back to doing the only thing he is cut out to do, adding a bit of muscle in the final 20 minutes if needed.

After Reading I was pretty certain we were down, this week has been absolutely massive and I really think we have far too much to be worried  :undecided:

I don't hate the bloke, he has just been put in a position he shouldn't be in but the amount of times Willo has cost us directly or others having to cover him is a lot.

Now he is 4th choice I can see us throwing away a lot less points like we have. I also reckon with Saylor back and if Mapou hits the ground running Pardew is going to be a lot less likely to bottle it and go so defensive to 'see out' games.

We have a pacey centre back now so shouldn't be caught on the break so much. Santon and Debuchy are hardly slow either.

Moussa should give us a lot more support going forward as well as more battle in midfield. Plus adding some height in both boxes.

Hopefully Gouffran can get a few goals, his pace will be a plus.

Haidara will give us more options at the back and will give Santon a bit of a push to keep his place.

All in all we have made some real quality signings that give us strength in depth but more importantly options. Shola can even go back to doing the only thing he is cut out to do, adding a bit of muscle in the final 20 minutes if needed.

After Reading I was pretty certain we were down, this week has been absolutely massive and I really think we have far too much to be worried  :undecided:

Well summed up

Guest ItalianMagpie

I still want to see what happens on the pitch.

Thrilled with the new signings as everybody else but I'm still afraid we threw away too many easy points to make it.

If the new guys will immediately blend in to both the team and the league is also to be seen, and I pretty much lost my trust in Pardew: having more quality will hardly change his view of the game.

Waiting and praying to be awfully wrong.

It might still be a few weeks of grimness though. We're still in a scrap and we'll have to fight our way out of it but the extra quality and numbers we have now certainly makes that much more possible and seem less desperate. The lift the new players will give the squad can't be understated and football can change pretty quickly when confidence builds.

Thats why Ando just sits there quietly saying nothing at the moment while Gary Bennett sits there smugly dropping the odd comment on total sport. There's 15 games still to go, a good way yet......and things can definitely turn around quickly in this league.

Guest icemanblue

The dickhead in charge's attacking strategy is actually to hit balls at the opposition defence and a) hope there is a defensive spillage b) hope Ba/Cisse can finish from any spillage.

It's been the same with Cabaye, HBA and Colo in the team at different points this season. I'm at a non-sarcastic 9, because I don't think we'll get rid of Pardew until very late in the day.

Right, I'm at 10.

I must be interpreting this thing differently to everyone else. If it's a scale of 1-10, surely 10, 'doomed' means 95-100%, definite. If the rest of the season was played out 10 times, on every occasion we'd be relegated. In a best case scenario, it would be played out 20 times and once we wouldn't.

Voting anything like 9 now is ridiculous. Apart from maybe Derby and those two mackem record breakers, probably no team has warranted a 9 in january. Sorry for derailing and taking the relegationometer too seriously, but I'm just a bit baffled.

This is precisely what I've been getting at for a while now, long before we napalmed the transfer window. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Krul

Debs Mbiwa Colo Santon

Tiote

Cabaye Sissoko

Hba.                    Marv

Cisse

1: Harper

2: Simpson

3: Taylor

4: Haidara

5: Bigi

6: Anita

7: Gouffran

Players who don't even make the bench

Williamson

Perch

Obertan

Gosling

Shola

Sameobi

Tav

Ferguson

Raylor

Eliot

Jonas

Vuckic

Amalfitano

Abeid

Campbell

Only a fucking clown should could take that down.

(Not including ranger or Xisco)

If we beat Villa convincingly, get some momentum going through performances and points we'll be alright imo. We just can't hold off getting a run going any longer, we need to turn it around now.

Cabaye being back though, seeing the difference he made even without these new signings for a half against reading, starting to feel we'll be ok.

Lose to Villa we're in huge trouble and we'll have to win some of the tough matchs coming

If we beat Villa convincingly, get some momentum going through performances and points we'll be alright imo. We just can't hold off getting a run going any longer, we need to turn it around now.

Cabaye being back though, seeing the difference he made even without these new signings for a half against reading, starting to feel we'll be ok.

Lose to Villa we're in huge trouble and we'll have to win some of the tough matchs coming

This :thup: Villa are really up against it right now, if we go there and come away with anything other than a win (in any style you like) we're still in serious, serious trouble.

Despite the new signings, Yo Cabs is the key here.

Right, I'm at 10.

From me at least. I don't take 10 to mean relegation is a mathematical/statistical certainty (or near to that).

I take it to mean that without intervention, I'm strongly convinced we would go down. For me, at least, the relegationometer does not take into account managerial changes/new signings/player exits/en masse injuries (other than those already known to us)/en masse recoveries or other similar events. It's how I see the season playing out if such elements don't change.

Things have changed so much this past week. Haven't had time to really think about the implications of it all. Still very worried about relegation and I don't think any such fears will be assuaged until I start to see points on the board or the team demonstrate the capacity to put points on the board. So many unknowns atm. It's a very interesting time.

Right, I'm at 10.

From me at least. I don't take 10 to mean relegation is a mathematical/statistical certainty (or near to that).

I take it to mean that without intervention, I'm strongly convinced we would go down. For me, at least, the relegationometer does not take into account managerial changes/new signings/player exits/en masse injuries (other than those already known to us)/en masse recoveries or other similar events. It's how I see the season playing out if such elements don't change.

Things have changed so much this past week. Haven't had time to really think about the implications of it all. Still very worried about relegation and I don't think any such fears will be assuaged until I start to see points on the board or the team demonstrate the capacity to put points on the board. So many unknowns atm. It's a very interesting time.

Yeah I feel the same as the last paragraph. My hope is that by the time we get to the last 10 games (and lets hope we've picked up some decent points by then) the side will be pretty settled with the new players bedding in. We should by this point be able to cause some real damage to teams giving the really good sides a proper game at home (Pool/Arsenal) while also giving ourselves to pick up some wins away from home.

If people want to make suggestions as to what each number is for- i could add them.

eg 10- very likely we are going to get relegated.

9 fairly likely we are going to get relegated.

8?

7 ?

6too close for comfort

5 ?.

4 not very likely

3?

2?

1 not a chance.

to me it's

10 - dead cert

9 - needs a miracle never seen before

8 - Spectacular comeback needed

7 - Real hard work but doable

6 - Need to regain some form

5 - Keep playing as we're playing be ok

4 - safe unless the teams below us go on huge run

3 - safe unless teams below us have miracles and we lose all our players to injury

2 - safe unless we go into administration and collapse

1 - safe

we're at 7 threatening to go to 8 if we don't win a few very soon.