Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Young the preferred fullback? :lol: he's played there due to injuries to Shaw and Rojo. He's been great on the wing lately.

Smalling and Jones dropped then?

No, if you read it correctly I said preferred WING back. You are the one make things up now.

And again, I never said Blackett and McNair would start, but said its a possibility due to how much they have featured already this season. Whether that be as a result of injuries, suspensions etc.

Smalling and Jones probably will start, but for you to be stating that Gino14 made it up, when there are hard facts to back up his reasoning, makes what you post look like nonsense.

I'm not angry now and I'll not get angry if/when we go down on Sunday. I am angry at myself because I don't give a single f*** either way.

Relegation in 09 stung like f***, can't say we didn't deserve it, but it was a bitter pill. This time I'll take comfort from the fact they've got what they deserve, karma always comes back and it's going to kick them square in the knackers. Big fan of people getting what's coming to them, good and bad, and these incompetent w*****s deserve to fail.

:thup:

I'm not angry now and I'll not get angry if/when we go down on Sunday. I am angry at myself because I don't give a single f*** either way.

Relegation in 09 stung like f***, can't say we didn't deserve it, but it was a bitter pill. This time I'll take comfort from the fact they've got what they deserve, karma always comes back and it's going to kick them square in the knackers. Big fan of people getting what's coming to them, good and bad, and these incompetent w*****s deserve to fail.

this

Hope to fuck Man Utd get the win.Think that's the first time I've ever written that in my entire life  :lol:

Also hope we get fucking battered by West Ham,surviving due to the result of another team may make Ashley realise just how close he came to losing millions,the one thing that always gets his full attention.

Winning against West Ham and I think it will give Carver hero status,he will be seen as the home grown,passionate Geordie who saved Newcastle from relegation,how we actually got there of course will be conveniently forgotten about.

Also if we get the win,it's a gamble Ashley might consider taking again by keeping him in charge and handing him new players.  :anguish:

If we go down there's a small chance that it could mean the end of the club as we know it. It would end any chance of a sale and I imagine Ashley would probably downsize. Conversely, there's a small chance we'd return to the Premier League immediately. Either way, I don't want it to happen. Ashley may still sell.

If we go down there's a small chance that it could mean the end of the club as we know it. It would end any chance of a sale and I imagine Ashley would probably downsize. Conversely, there's a small chance we'd return to the Premier League immediately. Either way, I don't want it to happen. Ashley may still sell.

How do you work that one out Yorkie? The club might become slightly less attractive to would be investors, and Ashley could not ask as much for it as he would perhaps have liked, but surely its worth to SD would also suffer significantly, making it more likely that Ashley would be willing to do a deal if an investor presented itself?

How do you work that one out Yorkie? The club might become slightly less attractive to would be investors, and Ashley could not ask as much for it as he would perhaps have liked, but surely its worth to SD would also suffer significantly, making it more likely that Ashley would be willing to do a deal if an investor presented itself?

:dontknow: :undecided:

:dontknow: :undecided:

Well, that is one argument in favour of your suggestion, but I also presented one in favour of the opposite and I don't think it is unreasonable that Ashley would value NUFC not at its intrinsic/market value, but at how valuable "it" is to SD/himself, so from that perspective it might just as well make him more likely to sell. The fact is there is no way of knowing really.

I just think we're a million times more likely to sell if we're in the Premier League. I fully believe there are buyers out there but Ashley will only sell the club for the specific price he is after.

I fear this club could go as low as Wigan/Portsmouth ,I've been saying since February (on here) we will go down. Hull should of beaten Spuds only got done on the counter attack and i believe they'll beat man utd at home who have zero to play for like chelski tonight.

If we can play anything like we did v Arsenal second half/Qpr First we will be fine But  :p :p hasn't a clue leaving cisse as a sub v qpr?  :jesuswept: Taking Cabella off  :jesuswept:.  Worse part was telling the players to hold on second half to the 0-1 lead 

Well, with Chelsea now officially on holiday and Man Utd likely to play a team comprised of the youth team, mannequins, snowmen and ghosts we need to win.  Going down then.

Chelsea get the trophy on Sunday they will want to win

He wouldn't be too keen to just cut his losses like. So that's the only reason I wouldn't want us down. The fact the 'elite' means being nothing other than cannon fodder for those teams with actually ambition doesn't  enamour me either.

Can see Arsenal really dicking them if they score early like, they will want a win and last home game of the season could do it in style. We need them to get a minimum of 3, hopefully 4.

I think the same could happen at Chelsea, but they rarely score 4 or 5 goals, so hence im hoping Arsenal crush their GD first, then a 1-0 or 2-0 loss at Chelsea would be enough to sink them.

Sunderland are fighting hard, they haven't been giving many goals away in recent games. I think Arsenal will be happy winning by a single goal, I doubt they'll win by a hatful.

I am somehow quietly confident.  We can't rely on sunderland getting hammered twice and if Hull win and we only draw, we're down.  So basically, only a win will do.  May as well go for it, surely?  Of course, whether Carver has the balls or ability to manage a win, remains to be seen.

West Ham's season has been over for quite some time it would seem.  Whilst Allardyce will be fired up to beat us and potentially send us down.  I don't think his players will be quite so arsed, however.

I also don't think Hull beat Man U.  I can see a draw and that's it.

Don't ask me why I am confident of getting a win.  1 point in 30 is hardly promising :lol:  But I don't think it will matter anyway, as I can't see Hull winning.

Pathetic situation to be in though.  It really is horrendous.  Compared to the last time we went down, I don't even feel bothered or nervous?!  Perhaps I'm confusing my emotions, which is why I somehow seem chilled out about it all and think we'll stay up.  Just a complete feeling of apathy about the whole club the last year or so.  I just don't think I care either way anymore  :undecided:

I am somehow quietly confident.  We can't rely on sunderland getting hammered twice and if Hull win and we only draw, we're down.  So basically, only a win will do.  May as well go for it, surely?  Of course, whether Carver has the balls or ability to manage a win, remains to be seen.

Not really - both the balls and ability questions have been emphatically answered over the last 10 games.  :(

Here's how it'll play out:

We start positively and take an early lead.

Hull City fall a goal behind soon after.

HT comes around an we're safe.

Second half, we sit back and West Ham equalise.

Hull City equalise.

Hull City score again.

West Ham score again and we're doomed.

West Ham score again, and again.

Into the stoppage time and Man United equalise.

Carver grabs a mic, takes to the pitch and 'does a Phil Brown'

EDIT: Then Lee Ryder writes a piece for the Chron "Carver masterminds great escape"

Carver asked any of his players NOT up for the fight v #whufc to leave the room and none walked out #nufc -Lee Ryder

Not one of them walked out! Puts my mind at rest that, not a chance we're going down now.

I just think we're a million times more likely to sell if we're in the Premier League. I fully believe there are buyers out there but Ashley will only sell the club for the specific price he is after.

We're more likely to get an an offer for the club he would find acceptable while we remain in the PL, no doubt. However, I just can't see him walking away from the PL gravy train and especially the worldwide free advertising he gets for shitedirect, why would he?

We're absolutely worthless to him as a Championship club, and personally I think he's more likely to sell up in this instance. Although I've no doubt he'd fuck us over as much as possible before he sold.

It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better in my opinion.

We're more likely to get an an offer for the club he would find acceptable while we remain in the PL, no doubt. However, I just can't see him walking away from the PL gravy train and especially the worldwide free advertising he gets for shitedirect, why would he?

We're absolutely worthless to him as a Championship club, and personally I think he's more likely to sell up in this instance. Although I've no doubt he'd fuck us over as much as possible before he sold.

It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better in my opinion.

Not sure.  Irving walking is significant imo.  The whole shebang is starting to unravel before Ashley's eyes.  His sporting empire being subject to a national TV investigation, police raiding his HQ due to the Rangers thing, respected figures in the footballing world deriding the bloke due to his running of NUFC.  Hopefully all this will result in him deciding that it's not worth the hassle any more.  I do think though that relegation makes a sale LESS likely - although he deserves relegation.