Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest TCD23

I actually thought we would go down since January (even had a bet on it). But honestly Bruce is perhaps second to Pardew in terms of being the worst manager in the PL (John Carver is essentially a cone handler so I won't even count him unless the club officially give him the job which they are certainly are) and I can't see them staying up.

Which is the worst thing possible because it means Ashley won't go and Carver will get the job guranteed.

I just don't see Hull taking full points against Manchester United. I really cannot. They have been rubbish all season without any sort of relent. As someone noted, almost all of their victories have been against sides struggling. Even when they beat Everton, it was at the time when the Blues were languishing in the lower half and Martinez was on sack-watch. All proper teams have handled them easily.

I can't, either.

I think this is mostly because, when you are emotionally involved in it all (ie, a Newcastle fan), yes, you are more aware than others of how shit your team is, but i think you also tend to build up other clubs to things they are not.

I've seen a decent amount of Hull this season, and they are terrible, no fight, no nothing.

They're two points behind you, in a relegation spot, and there is one match to play. Not only do they need to beat Man United, you also need to lose at home to West Ham - that's West Ham who, as well as looking shite, have clearly been on the beach since about Christmas.

I am not saying you're all panicking for nothing, but if you try to look at it less emotionally, your situation is not as bad as you think it is. Nothing like.

I just don't see Hull taking full points against Manchester United. I really cannot. They have been rubbish all season without any sort of relent. As someone noted, almost all of their victories have been against sides struggling. Even when they beat Everton, it was at the time when the Blues were languishing in the lower half and Martinez was on sack-watch. All proper teams have handled them easily.

I can't, either.

I think this is mostly because, when you are emotionally involved in it all (ie, a Newcastle fan), yes, you are more aware than others of how shit your team is, but i think you also tend to build up other clubs to things they are not.

I've seen a decent amount of Hull this season, and they are terrible, no fight, no nothing.

They're two points behind you, in a relegation spot, and there is one match to play. Not only do they need to beat Man United, you also need to lose at home to West Ham - that's West Ham who, as well as looking shite, have clearly been on the beach since about Christmas.

I am not saying you're all panicking for nothing, but if you try to look at it less emotionally, your situation is not as bad as you think it is. Nothing like.

Or draw with West Ham. Point taken, though.

It's not 50/50 man, its definitely more likely that Hull won't beat ManU. half hoping they do though.

I'd normally say the bottom 3 deserve to go down, but feel like this situation is different, we definitely deserve to go down.

Aye it's not really 50/50, we could probably stay up after losing 10 out of 11. The most pathetic survival in premier history.

And the one exception was a draw :anguish: :lol:

I used to sometimes like the idea of a relegaiton battle, there's some intensity and fight. Despite how little there was on the pitch in 09, there was a kind of fight atmosphere off it. Defiance at Villa Park, remember going mad when Carroll got one back at Stoke. This time is just completely pathetic.

Arsenal win 5-0 first.

We go behind at West Ham early on.

We equalise in the 92nd minute and hold on.

Remy scores in the 93rd minute to beat Sunderland.

Harper goes up for a corner in the 94th minute to beat Man Utd.

Colback with the equaliser

Can see Arsenal really dicking them if they score early like, they will want a win and last home game of the season could do it in style. We need them to get a minimum of 3, hopefully 4.

I think the same could happen at Chelsea, but they rarely score 4 or 5 goals, so hence im hoping Arsenal crush their GD first, then a 1-0 or 2-0 loss at Chelsea would be enough to sink them.

Guest Gino14

Is this the same Hull that are a random result generator?  The same Hull that beat Liverpool recently?  The same Hull that will be playing against a Man Utd that have Valdes in goal, with Valencia, McNair, Blackett and Young as the defence?  All in all Man Utd should get a result against Hull, but they have nothing to play for and a massively makeshift team out.  This has relegation disaster written all over it for us.

We'll play like absolute dogshit, per usual, but still manage to survive after Hull plays as equally shit against ManU. Or worse, we'll draw, Hull will lose and Carver will be heralded by the gaggle of absolute retards for keeping us up.

Guest palnese

Is this the same Hull that are a random result generator?  The same Hull that beat Liverpool recently?  The same Hull that will be playing against a Man Utd that have Valdes in goal, with Valencia, McNair, Blackett and Young as the defence?  All in all Man Utd should get a result against Hull, but they have nothing to play for and a massively makeshift team out.  This has relegation disaster written all over it for us.

You're just making stuff up.

You're just making stuff up.

He's not really.

Hull beat Liverpool and Crystal Palace 2-0 back to back. Nobody expected that. They should have beaten Burnely, and lost 1-0.

De Gea is injured so Valdez will be in goal, Valencia and Young are their preferred wing backs.  The only debatable thing is McNair and Blackett both starting. But they have both featured regularly this season at centre half. It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

Guest palnese

Young the preferred fullback? :lol: he's played there due to injuries to Shaw and Rojo. He's been great on the wing lately.

Smalling and Jones dropped then?

Has Valdes gotten really shite all of a sudden. Aye he's their sub keeper but should still be good enough.

I think we are all feeling pessimistic and coming up with reasons why hull will beat Man Utd. Gonna be a long week for some

At the moment you'd back Manyoo youth squad getting a result against Hull, they're just as desperate as us at the moment. Can't see them being up for this even with survival at stake.

Has Valdes gotten really shite all of a sudden. Aye he's their sub keeper but should still be good enough.

I think we are all feeling pessimistic and coming up with reasons why hull will beat Man Utd. Gonna be a long week for some

Looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights on Sunday when he came on.

Has Valdes gotten really s**** all of a sudden. Aye he's their sub keeper but should still be good enough.

Tbf he hadn't played for like 18 months when he came on.

I'm not angry now and I'll not get angry if/when we go down on Sunday. I am angry at myself because I don't give a single fuck either way.

Relegation in 09 stung like fuck, can't say we didn't deserve it, but it was a bitter pill. This time I'll take comfort from the fact they've got what they deserve, karma always comes back and it's going to kick them square in the knackers. Big fan of people getting what's coming to them, good and bad, and these incompetent wankers deserve to fail.