Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Didn't it take Keegan something like 5 games to get a win after he came back? I'm hoping we get the new manager bounce for once. It would be typical for NUFC to get a decent manager (a long time since the last one) and then lose him due to relegation. Even worse if we go down at the expense of Sunderland and the points their pedophile earned them.

It took 10 or 11. By game 8 some were calling for him to step down. And then the Birmingham 1-1 happened and things clicked from there.

That's why I'm not getting too excited. It will be good if Rafa takes over but it's no guarantee we'll suddenly become half decent.

Down from 10 to a 7.  Beat the mackems and I think it'd go down to a 4 or a 5. 

If we beat the mackems then i'm certain we'll stay up, emotionally they'll be in the shitter and we'll do enough between that and the end of the season to break away IMO.

We will still go down as I do not believe that Benitez will get the players giving their best.

In my view, it wasn't the manager who lost the dressing room, it was the club that lost the dressing room and the hierarchy remains.

In the last 2 years we have seen:

Unimpressive treatment leading up to the departures of some players (Ben Arfa, Santon, Taylor, Jonas),

A popular player now suing the club for how he was treated when suffering from cancer,

Being abandoned with John Carver as manager for several months

Chronic lack of ambition

Even in the process of getting rid of Schteve we have shamed this club.

Benitez will never regain the dressing room, because it is the club that is lost.

We will still go down as I do not believe that Benitez will get the players giving their best.

In my view, it wasn't the manager who lost the dressing room, it was the club that lost the dressing room and the hierarchy remains.

Unimpressive treatment leading up to the departures of some players (Ben Arfa, Santon, Taylor, Jonas),

A popular player now suing the club for how he was treated when suffering from cancer,

Chronic lack of ambition

Benitez will never regain the dressing room, because it is the club that is lost.

Aye, right.  :lol:

Chronic lack of ambition

Yes we get it you actually like the manager for a change. But it won't change the fact that the players will not be motivated to play for this club as a result of how the hierarchy has treated them.

Not even Guardiola could turn things around.

I wish Benitez all the best, he is a very good manager, but this club is rotten beyond repair.

Chronic lack of ambition

Yes we get it you actually like the manager for a change. But it won't change the fact that the players will not be motivated to play for this club as a result of how the hierarchy has treated them.

I wish Benitez all the best, he is a very good manager, but this club is rotten beyond repair.

Howay man. :lol:

:lol:

Think James has a fair point, just hope the players forget about everything else once they have a manager that can get them enjoying their work again.

7 of our possible starting 11 have only been here a few months.

Think James has a fair point, just hope the players forget about everything else once they have a manager that can get them enjoying their work again.

7 of our possible starting 11 have only been here a few months.

True, hope that makes the difference.

Considering we went deep in the Champions League with some pretty dodgy defenders, I'm hoping that organisation and motivation can do enough to tighten us up sufficiently. We still lack goals as well, but we'll see.

Down from a 10 to an 8.

It's a phenomenal appointment but still think it'll be too late. Too much rides on the derby, even though I think Leicester (a), Liverpool (a) and Man City (h) suddenly seem winnable.

True, hope that makes the difference.

Considering we went deep in the Champions League with some pretty dodgy defenders, I'm hoping that organisation and motivation can do enough to tighten us up sufficiently. We still lack goals as well, but we'll see.

We've got goals, motivation will get us scoring again, we might need a fit again Cisse if he can get fit.

Going from a 10 to a 7 or whatever doesn't actually make any sense. You can't just be 100% positive that we are going to go down and then change your mind. Only a trivial thing obviously but the thing that annoys me most about this thread is when people put 10 as their answer