Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't want to get carried away. Two wins, yes, but against what could turn out to be two of the worst teams in the league this season: WHam & Swansea. Crystal Palace we should also look to beat.

On the other hand, I don't mind losing to Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea if we're beating the teams in the bottom half to keep us up - not very ambitious but something to build on then. Swings and round-abouts.

We don't need ambition this season, just stability. Staying in the league and hopefully stuff getting sorted between Rafa and Ashley would be a good season. I think we will win a few games we aren't expected to against bigger teams  as well.

I don't want to get carried away. Two wins, yes, but against what could turn out to be two of the worst teams in the league this season: WHam & Swansea. Crystal Palace we should also look to beat.

On the other hand, I don't mind losing to Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea if we're beating the teams in the bottom half to keep us up - not very ambitious but something to build on then. Swings and round-abouts.

We don't need ambition this season, just stability. Staying in the league and hopefully stuff getting sorted between Rafa and Ashley would be a good season. I think we will win a few games we aren't expected to against bigger teams  as well.

Beat enough of the lower to mid table shit in this league to stay up, anything else along the way is a massive bonus.

Things getting sorted between Rafa and Ashley would be more like a miracle than a decent season.

Rafa will always have the team well drilled and defensively aware. We may have a few bad days but these will be blips.

In the other hand I think that as long as you have Ritchie on corners and free kicks with the likes of Lascelles, Clark, Joselu and Mitro to aim for we will nick one goal wins and score draws even in days when our open play attacking isn't working out.

This is a big difference to seasons under McClaren, Carver and Pardew and is why we will finish comfortably top 12

I'm just glad to have got a couple of early wins to keep us off the bottom to start with. I still think we are in for a difficult season because we lack a bit up front. Too early to make daft predictions at the moment, let's see how we get on in the next few games and we'll have a better idea. That said, I think we'll be okay, we are going to be hard to beat and that is the most important thing when you don't have the firepower at the other end.

Pardew (:anguish:) correctly said the other day that 12 wins is enough to stay up (assuming you draw a few and not lose every other remaining game).

On that basis we need 10 wins from our remaining 34 games, I'd be very surprised if this squad (with Rafa) couldn't achieve that.

Even less than 12 tbh, because 36 points is often enough and that's without draws. 10 wins, 8 draws is about right, but Rafa will be aiming for more than just survival.