Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

Didnt Palace lose first 7 games last season? They still finished 11th. Much better squad than our current one admittedly but we’ve not really had a run of winnable games all season. Played alright on saturday just nothing up top. I think we’ll know more either way closer to December.

Yeah, without scoring a single goal as well, with a few absolutely adamant that they were down and openly mocking anyone who realised the season wasn't finished in October. Things aren't looking great for us, but I expect Rafa to start turning it around soon.

Guest neesy111

No fan wants to see us relegated

I'm afraid I do.

While the Premier League TV money is coming into the club, Ashley is 100% guaranteed to stay.

I do believe that he will only consider selling if it's no longer awash with money. I don't expect it to happen immediately. It will take a number of years in the championship for it to happen but it's more likely to happen there, than in than in the premier league.

Disagree don't think we will ever be sold in the Championship as the premiership gravy train is what investors want and also a club that is not a yo-yo one either - they will go for other clubs before coming here especially as Ashley won't lower his price by much if we do go down. Think the big opportunity was lost in the Summer and I still maintain he should have walked. Everyone has different opinions though and that is part of the problem also just no unity amongst the fans which was not the case 30 year ago. Different breed of supporter now.

Don't think it was any different 30 years ago mind. The 89-90 season, there was talk of boycotting all summer, about 2000 of us stayed away for the Leeds game (I watched a replay of the Burnley semi in the New Cannon, Low Fell), even less so for the Oldham game......a few wins and it really had all blown over. Same problem existed then, it was hard to stop people going.

The crowds dropped over a period of time by a long way between the 70s and the 80s. I remember the Wrexham home game in 79 when there was a few thousand outside the ground and many more stayed away also. There was mass chants of sack the board at games during the 80s also. The crowds before keegan came back as manager were very poor. One thing the fans certainly made their point known unlike todays crowd. It wouldn't even be an issue if the fans going to the game were all giving Ashley stick but they don't - West Ham fans showed last season what happens when fans are united and trying to change things.

Crowds were down in general in football, due to poor stadia and violence at matches, most people stopped going when we were dying on our arses in the 2nd division. There were plenty of sack the board chants admittedly, but it was still only relatively small numbers who protested round the back of the West Stand after matches.....and although it got lively back then, you're not going to see people carrying on like that due to CCTV etc. sadly.

As for West Ham fans being united, all I saw was a few radgies running on the pitch who ended up with life time bans, I certainly don't think it was an organised thing.

Their fans surrounded the directors area and made their owners leave a match on safety grounds.

The annoying thing is, just one win and we'd be out of relegation zone.

Palace are on 7 points and have a stinky next 4 games. Could be on 7-8 points in 4 games time, Fulham concede for fun, Southampton have won once, Cardiff and Huddersfield are down there.

Can anyone see us hitting 30+ points this season?

No way at all after losing the first 5 home games we are now going to need to win around 4 or 5 away from home as well as winning 6+ at home to give us a chance of survival. When is last time we won that many away in the top flight?

We lost 18 games last season already this season we have lost 7 out of 9

To even reach 40 points we need a better win rate of 1 in every 3 now

We are fucked this season, a bad start kills teams usually and we just don't have the ability in our squad, the goals in our team to win games comfortably. This team is not capable of scoring 4 or even 3 against many teams...if any

Possibly Giggs but a demoralising way of looking at things from Reddit.

Newcastle United have only scored six goals this season, all in losses against big teams (one goal against Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal and two against Man United). Their two points so far both come from 0-0 draws, meaning that after nine games none of their goals have earned them any points.

Possibly Giggs but a demoralising way of looking at things from Reddit.

Newcastle United have only scored six goals this season, all in losses against big teams (one goal against Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal and two against Man United). Their two points so far both come from 0-0 draws, meaning that after nine games none of their goals have earned them any points.

Well yea, if the opposition score one more goal than you it generally means you don't get any points :lol:

Guest neesy111

Doesn’t make any difference TBH, just a pointless spin on some random stats.

Well it's not good that we aren't scoring against the lesser teams in the league though.