Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We haven't won any home game for four months.

The proof of a good manager will be convincing the players that doesn't matter.

Going into the last 5 games talking about not having won one for ages is just negative shite that isn't going to help anyone.

Depends whether you believe the players thinking it doesn't matter is what has us in this position in the first place.

What? :lol:

I'm saying that

1. Shearer has to convince them that not winning for 4 months has to be forgotten about & we have to go all out for 3 wins and not think about how long it is since we won one.

2. Talking about not having won at home for ages is just being negative, when being negative is the last thing we now need.

Unless you've given up?

What Shearer thinks and does has fuck all to do with what I believe. I agree that's what he has to do, but he also has to make them fully fucking aware that we can't just rely on rolling these teams over. That's how we've played in all these 'must win' games against shite teams so far, and what has us in 19th position.

we know what shearer has to do, or try to get them to do, the difficulty is, even with the best intentions im not sure they are capable

Going into the last 5 games talking about not having won one for ages is just negative shite that isn't going to help anyone.

Depends whether you believe the players thinking it doesn't matter is what has us in this position in the first place.

I'm saying that

1. Shearer has to convince them that not winning for 4 months has to be forgotten about & we have to go all out for 3 wins and not think about how long it is since we won one.

2. Talking about not having won at home for ages is just being negative, when being negative is the last thing we now need.

Unless you've given up?

What Shearer thinks and does has fuck all to do with what I believe. I agree that's what he has to do, but he also has to make them fully fucking aware that we can't just rely on rolling these teams over. That's how we've played in all these 'must win' games against shite teams so far, and what has us in 19th position.

Arguing for the sake of it then. *Steps out*

Eh? Who quoted who like?

We're fucking shit man, and at this rate we're going down. I know it's not nice to think about it but it's true. Hopefully you're right, but me whinging on here won't make the slightest bit of difference so don't expect me to stop.

When is Barton back? If we are to win these games we need someone like that to sort it out in the middle of the park. Guthrie surely has to play too. Jonas, Barton and Guthrie in the middle please.

Guest Albert Square

When is Barton back? If we are to win these games we need someone like that to sort it out in the middle of the park. Guthrie surely has to play too. Jonas, Barton and Guthrie in the middle please.

Where does Butt play? He wont be dropped.

We can't pin too many hopes on Barton like. He briefly looked alright last time he came back, but it's been a long, long time. By the time he's fit enough to influence games it may be too late...

We can't pin too many hopes on Barton like. He briefly looked alright last time he came back, but it's been a long, long time. By the time he's fit enough to influence games it may be too late...

True he's about the only hope I have left though. Nolan and Butt will lose us games.

This is the problem. At least we had our best players fit and available when we beat the drop last season. This time round they are all still recovering from injuries and the big game is 8 days away.

I'm saying that

Unless you've given up?

Next Monday v Portsmouth is our first "must win" game of the season so, in my opinion, you are talking shite!

Back up from a 4 to a 5 for me. Nothing's changed in as much as we had to win our home games and we still do. It's just that one of the games we had a chance of nicking a 'bonus' point from has gone. :neutral:

Guest Phil K

How about a "dead and buried" position 11 in the light of our inability to score and the desperation and futility we feel at these performances ?

We didn't need to win this game, but we needed to show that we were improving under Shearer. Having seen us continue to turn in Houghton-level performances, I feel pretty confident saying that this group of wasters is just fucking incorrigible and that we're going to need nothing short of a miracle.

I'm still on a 9. It all comes down to our home games. We must win them and that's it. It's going to be very uncomfortable looking at the table over the next few games. As long as we aren't in the bottom 3 at the end of the season is all that matters.

Today we created nothing until Martins and Viduka came on (a bit like last week when Jonas and Carroll came on). Our midfield has no creativity and we are awful at set pieces. Fitness permitting, it's time to do the Martins and Viduka in front of Owen sitting deep formation.

Did the bbc predictor thingy, I have us staying up on goal difference with 37 points (Hull, Boro and WBA going down). If we don't get at least 7 points in those home games then we are most definitely down.

I assume you took the hammering Liverpool will no doubt give us into account?

True he's about the only hope I have left though. Nolan and Butt will lose us games.

Guthrie should be playing and I just can't understand why he isn't!

Latest odds on Betfair

WBA   1.01

Boro   1.32

Us       1.74

Hull     2.42

Scum   8.2

Blckb    9

Pompey 20

Hull can only get 2 points max from their remaining games, we can catch them!

Guest optimistic nit

Latest odds on Betfair

WBA   1.01

Boro   1.32

Us       1.74

Hull     2.42

Scum   8.2

Blckb    9

Pompey 20

Hull can only get 2 points max from their remaining games, we can catch them!

you had to say it didn't you.  :undecided:

Just done the Predictor... two wins, one draw, two losses - still stay up by two points. I can see Hull picking up about two points; they've got a home game to Stoke where they might win.

I honestly can't believe some think we will win all 3 home games, given our record this year and the consistent level of performances these players have given week in, week out.

If we get 50,000 Geordies at St James' believing we will, then I think we will. If we get the same level of negativity amongst the crowd as there is on here then I think we will struggle.

The crowd is going to play a massive part in our survival or otherwise.