Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest optimistic nit

down from 9 to 7 after today. not had much hope since hull, we've got a chance now. sundlerland losing to brom (with their last 4 games) gives us a good chance, now that we dont have to only rely on hull to not turn good. i was a bit nervous about hull sneaking something against pool as well.

got us still on a 10 but maybe a glimmer of hope following the weekend results so far, but nothing less than 3pts  on monday then the writing I fear will be on the wall

How can you be on a ten when the writing isn't on the wall yet?  Surely you'd have to be a nine?  :blush:

I think we're going down, plain and simple. I'm usually so optimistic about the team but my heart and now my head are telling me we won't survive this season..

Its a feeling of numbness that I can't explain...

Dying for 10pm tomorrow night.Im so not looking forward to watching this.But If we win It would have being a great weekend for us.Have to win a draws not worth a fuck,playn Lpool away the following week is a pain in the balls

Dying for 10pm tomorrow night.Im so not looking forward to watching this.But If we win It would have being a great weekend for us.Have to win a draws not worth a f***,playn Lpool away the following week is a pain in the balls

Obviously we need to go for a win, but we're not down with a draw.  We could well beat Boro and Fulham, and we have to go to Villa Park believing we can get something, because though difficult, we can.  Even Anfield.  It's essential that if we don't win tomorrow people don't give it up.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The thing is, even if we win we still need results and other results to go our way. Truly a perilous position to be in.

Dying for 10pm tomorrow night.Im so not looking forward to watching this.But If we win It would have being a great weekend for us.Have to win a draws not worth a f***,playn Lpool away the following week is a pain in the balls

Obviously we need to go for a win, but we're not down with a draw.  We could well beat Boro and Fulham, and we have to go to Villa Park believing we can get something, because though difficult, we can.  Even Anfield.  It's essential that if we don't win tomorrow people don't give it up.

Have to be realistic as well though.If we cant beat Pompey at home I think we will struggle to pick up points elsewhere.I will never give up as long as its mathematically possible I would just be worried would our players giving up but then again with Al at the helm he wouldnt let them!You never know as well with the shit season we have had we still drew away to Man U and Chelsea,so lpool isnt a guaranteed lose.I think we will stay up in the end,our injurys are clearing up at the right time.Martins will be key in this game imo

No, even a draw would send us down tomorrow night. Yes, mathamatically we will still be in it, but realistically we wont, imo.

If we draw Vs Pompey that will put us down to 3 points adrift of Hull and level on points with Boro. Now what if Hull manage to knick an unlikely point against Villa next week, or even worse go and beat Stoke the following week? That could potentially leave us 6 points adrift.

So lets say Hull lose to Villa next week, we draw tomorrow night, lose next week and Hull beat Stoke? That'll leave us 6 points adrift going into our game against Fulham!

All hypothetical of course, but I cant stress how important a win tomorrow night would be for us. It would do so much for us points and morale wise......and it would be us back in touch with the mackems.

But anything can happen in football

No, even a draw would send us down tomorrow night. Yes, mathamatically we will still be in it, but realistically we wont, imo.

If we draw Vs Pompey that will put us down to 3 points adrift of Hull and level on points with Boro. Now what if Hull manage to knick an unlikely point against Villa next week, or even worse go and beat Stoke the following week? That could potentially leave us 6 points adrift.

So lets say Hull lose to Villa next week, we draw tomorrow night, lose next week and Hull beat Stoke? That'll leave us 6 points adrift going into our game against Fulham!

All hypothetical of course, but I cant stress how important a win tomorrow night would be for us. It would do so much for us points and morale wise......and it would be us back in touch with the mackems.

Yeah, but what if we draw with Pompy, Hull only get one more point (far from inconceivable) and we beat boro and draw with Fulham.  With our GD maybe even lose to Fulham too.  Of course it's a bad situation, but remember how crap Hull are too, so we'd be by no means down.  With the way everyone is at the bottom, we're not down til we're down.

Yeah, but what if we draw with Pompy, Hull only get one more point (far from inconceivable) and we beat boro and draw with Fulham.  With our GD maybe even lose to Fulham too.  Of course it's a bad situation, but remember how crap Hull are too, so we'd be by no means down.  With the way everyone is at the bottom, we're not down til we're down.

Fair point, Hull are probably the worst team in the league atm.....so you never know. If we win tomorrow and our 2 home games after that, we're pretty much home and dry, imo.

Guest Hodgey

It a 9 in my book; not gonna put a 10 on the swingometer just yet as its not a foregone conclusion but I reckon we’ll scrape circa 40 pts:

Wins against Mackems, Pompey, Boro & Fulham

Draws against WBA, Everton, Bolton, Hull & Stoke

Nish elsewhere – can anyone seriously see getting anything other than a good pasting against ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea and Villa?

7 out of 10 ain’t bad…I got the draw v WBA and win v the Mackems the wrong way round and wrongly predicted a point against Bolton but all the others are bang on so I’m just hoping those wins against Pompey, Boro & Fulham come good.

Win against Pompey and I think we will click into some sort of gear and win the other 2 home games with the resulting impetus but should we not beat Pompey there’s a fair chance several players will (totally inexcusably) drop their heads and effectively throw the towel in.  Basically the Pompey fixture is the most important game in our recent history and will be looked back on as pivotal whichever way it goes in future years!

Of course a draw's worth something! Not ideal, but if we lose, then from the remaining 4 games we'll need at least a win and a draw just to draw level with Hull, a draw at least means a win against Boro will more likely than not put us level with Hull.

It a 9 in my book; not gonna put a 10 on the swingometer just yet as its not a foregone conclusion but I reckon we’ll scrape circa 40 pts:

Nish elsewhere – can anyone seriously see getting anything other than a good pasting against ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea and Villa?

Fair f*cking play to you getting the exact amount of points correct from that far back. :lol:

EDIT: We lost at Bolton, but still. One point out is pretty impressive.

It a 9 in my book; not gonna put a 10 on the swingometer just yet as its not a foregone conclusion but I reckon well scrape circa 40 pts:

Nish elsewhere can anyone seriously see getting anything other than a good pasting against ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea and Villa?

Fair f*cking play to you getting the exact amount of points correct from that far back. :lol:

We didn't win against the Mackems, and we haven't won against any of the other three yet.

We didn't win against the Mackems, and we haven't won against any of the other three yet.

He's still only one point out so far though.