Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The key being arbitration must be offered. The consortium didn’t want arbitration they knew what PL was up to. They wanted a decision even if it was disqualification which the PL refused to make. As if the PL are bothered about being unfair.

What would have happened if the PL had actually gone ahead and said "you have failed the test because we think the Saudi state is a shadow director that you are hiding from us"...?

Like, who would the appeal have gone through? The PL again? Or a court of some kind?

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

What would have happened if the PL had actually gone ahead and said "you have failed the test because we think the Saudi state is a shadow director that you are hiding from us"...?

Like, who would the appeal have gone through? The PL again? Or a court of some kind?

A PL appeal panel, with members selected by the chair of the PL judicial panel. Its determination would be binding.

F.13.Any Person or Club who receives notice under Rule F.6 has a right to appeal the disqualification notice(s) in accordance with the following Rules. However, for the avoidance of doubt, unless and until any such appeal is upheld, the disqualification notice(s) will remain in full effect.

F.16.An appeal under the provisions of Rule F.13 shall lie to an appeal tribunal which shall hear the appeal as soon as reasonably practicable. The appeal tribunal shall be appointed by the Chair of the Judicial Panel and shall comprise three members of the Judicial Panel including a legally qualified member who shall sit as chairman of the tribunal.

F.22.The decision of the appeal tribunal shall be final and binding on the appellant Person and Club.

11 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

A PL appeal panel, with members selected by the chair of the PL judicial panel. Its determination would be binding.

Why is it when it goes to appeal (also the case with the arbitration) it goes to a selected chair by the Premier League?, especially when it is a decision by the Premier League that you appealing about. Surely it should be a totally independent authority selected. I obviously don’t know the legalities, just seems to me to open up accusations of unfairness and dare I say it possible corruption.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why is it when it goes to appeal (also the case with the arbitration) it goes to a selected chair by the Premier League?, especially when it is a decision by the Premier League that you appealing about. Surely it should be a totally independent authority selected. I obviously don’t know the legalities, just seems to me to open up accusations of unfairness and dare I say it possible corruption.

Exactly. What all of this shows is that the test needs to be taken out of their hands and tied in fully with UK law, so that appeals go through the courts and not their mates. The game is too important for it to be ran like a country club.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Exactly. What all of this shows is that the test needs to be taken out of their hands and tied in fully with UK law, so that appeals go through the courts and not their mates. The game is too important for it to be ran like a country club.

Cunty club 

29 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

So I guess they dont have as close mates on the PL judicial panel as they do on the arbitration panel. Otherwise they could have failed it last year and made it quickly go away for good?

44 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The key being arbitration must be offered. The consortium didn’t want arbitration they knew what PL was up to. They wanted a decision even if it was disqualification which the PL refused to make. As if the PL are bothered about being unfair.

I'm sure I'm missing something but...

1. the PL will only disqualify someone if it's been agreed that additional people/parties need testing and the buyers don't disclose the info. 

2. However if the buyers don't agree they need testing, then arbitration takes place to decide whether they do or not.

Surely 2 has to happen before 1 so there was no disqualification decision to be made as we didn't accept arbitration?

Its very confusing [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Jacobs must have impeccable sources at the PL that’s for sure.

I’ve got no doubt he’s being fed by the PL and BEin to put their agenda in the media, I’ve thought that all the way through this. You don’t get information contained in a non disclosure letter unless you are. Best just to wait for the decision to be made within the legal cases. I keep saying it, but nobody can be sure, as we don’t have a clue what’s being presented on either side. We just got to hope the perspective dates are this time accurate and we can get a final conclusion to what has become a charade. 

On 29/05/2021 at 18:10, Jinky Jim said:

Thought this thread was for discussion whichever side of the takeover you’re on….its not exclusive to either thinking…..whilst the other thread is for the relief of us positive idiots to indulge in happy times😁…..if we don’t use this thread for discussion of both attitudes then there is nowhere to go to indulge our opinions. I quite like this thread because I can view both viewpoints and make up my own mind on where I believe the takeover stands.

So t's only the believers that need the safe space?

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Mike Ashley.

Yea man, i'm just so sick and fucking tired of it all, aren't we all.

So draining and demoralising, and now this never ending takeover, give us all a fucking break, please.

Just not having our club be a complete joke seems too much to ask.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Mike Ashley.

Just seen his new advert on the tv with Cantona and several premier league stars in. Fuck me that’s one way to spend your increased profits on your business. Meanwhile at NUFC we get newly released photos of pitch work and a filthy stadium [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Just seen his new advert on the tv with Cantona and several premier league stars in. Fuck me that’s one way to spend your increased profits on your business. Meanwhile at NUFC we get newly released photos of pitch work and a filthy stadium [emoji38]

NUFC Is proud to announce we have opened peace talks with the rats infesting the training ground canteen. Negotiations are progressing well and Steve Bruce is all hopeful for a swift resolution before the start of the season. Howay The Lads!

Edited by thomas

26 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

A mate of mine reckons Staveley looks like Falkor from Never Ending Story. I kinda see it.

I'm picturing her flying through an alleyway with Rafa on her back as Masters and the gang jump into wheelie bins.

8 hours ago, thomas said:

NUFC Is proud to announce we have opened peace talks with the rats infesting the training ground canteen. Negotiations are progressing well and Steve Bruce is all hopeful for a swift resolution before the start of the season. Howay The Lads!

I would have thought Bruce was too busy with his mole problem?