Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

PIF is an investment fund with billions of dollars in it, why would they stop investing? :lol: 

now is the time to invest if you have the cash, which they do

Nows a agreat time to invest if you have spare capital.

Just need to pick the correct investements

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

This is critical to their vision 2030. Not a chance that if this is revived PIF aren't the majority shareholders.

You think the purchase of NUFC is 'critical' to transforming the economy of Saudi Arabia and reducing its dependency on oil revenue?

So many of you have a completely distorted understanding of the importance of this deal.

The Saudis are in the process of imposing unprecedented austerity measures on their population. There is no appetite for this any more.

Have to agree with Penn on this. What would the ROI's be in this deal? I'm sure there are more fruitful investment opportunities to be had with that 300m that aren't fraught with political issues and intense foreign scrutiny.

Such guesswork :lol:

I'm an economist living in Saudi Arabia.

This is critical to their vision 2030. Not a chance that if this is revived PIF aren't the majority shareholders.

You think the purchase of NUFC is 'critical' to transforming the economy of Saudi Arabia and reducing its dependency on oil revenue?

So many of you have a completely distorted understanding of the importance of this deal.

The Saudis are in the process of imposing unprecedented austerity measures on their population. There is no appetite for this any more.

They did that 3 months ago. You realise that the reason they're looking at buying a football club is to attempt to diversify? Their economic collapse is even more reason to do so!

It's still guesswork, like :lol: but there's basis to it.

It's still guesswork, like :lol: but there's basis to it.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Energy is what, around 90% of their export earnings? Not sustainable, hence the need to diversify. They're looking at increasing tourism, infrastructure, recreation - this is the reason for their desired investment. It's the perfect time for them to invest.

All I know is that a lot of larger scale PIF projects that I have close ties to have lost funding. In a global downturn cash and liquid  assets are key to steadying the economy. I just don't see it being feasible, but hope to be proven wrong.

Diversification and allocation of risk. Getting the Saudi brand(s) out there. Friendly competition with Man City given ownership. Fuck off Qatar competition with Paris if possible too. Fun vanity investment for the sov wealth fund. Al Rhum is a massive sports fan and likely massive reason this is still kicking around.

It’s a dead duck. Only the poor fans now desperately trying to keep this alive. It will eventually, quietly fade away.

I know you're wrong.

Because someone told Caulkin, who told someone your missus works with, who told you?

Hearing things first hand from No Red Flags George has proved to be absolutely worthless, so not sure 3rd/4th/5th-hand info is grounds to be confident.

They did that 3 months ago. You realise that the reason they're looking at buying a football club is to attempt to diversify? Their economic collapse is even more reason to do so!

They aren't going to make money off owning us though? Unless they run it like Ashley does

It’s a dead duck. Only the poor fans now desperately trying to keep this alive. It will eventually, quietly fade away.

I know you're wrong.

Because someone told Caulkin, who told someone your missus works with, who told you?

Hearing things first hand from No Red Flags George has proved to be absolutely worthless, so not sure 3rd/4th/5th-hand info is grounds to be confident.

He replies.

All I know is that a lot of larger scale PIF projects that I have close ties to have lost funding. In a global downturn cash and liquid  assets are key to steadying the economy. I just don't see it being feasible, but hope to be proven wrong.

So a larger scale domestic project gets shelved; but not a smaller scale more globally public marketing style investment. Entirely plausible why the Newcastle purchase could happen given scale and public perception its gained?

Yet every source and staveley say PIF are still commited do the deal

I know you're wrong.

I'm that confident that it'll go through, I'll bet your account on it.

They aren't going to make money off owning us though? Unless they run it like Ashley does

The vision is all about diversifying the Saudi economy. Introducing more tourism etc. Owning the club is part of that. They're not going to be expecting to buy a player to sell on to gain money, it's all about brand.

I know you're wrong.

Tell us more about Redbird Capital, oh great Oracle.

I know you're wrong.

I'm that confident that it'll go through, I bet your account on it.

IP ban for the loser? The Staveley/Reubens/PIF consortium acquire control of NUFC by, what, 30/09/2020? And Penn's reign of terror comes to a swift end. Or they don't and ITK Rocker is banished forever?