Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think its a lot simpler than being made out, I think its as simple as

The PL don't want it as it upsets sponsors

They don't have legal grounds to reject and therefore will be liable to legal recourse

They are therefore refusing to respond until it goes away, and according to their rules they can

:thup:

All these thoughts that ashley is on our side; what if he's simply arguing for any sale? Could be he's pushing the PL but it's to sell to this American morris bloke that no one except cosplay lee ryder wants.

Of course he is. :lol: He doesn't give a shit who owns the club as long as he gets his cash. It just so happens his desire broadly aligns with NUFC fans' desires of wanting him out.

Regarding the Financial Times article...

EfNSXYJUEAA7iTF?format=jpg&name=large

The Premier League gave them “private assurances” before the deal was signed and again in mid-April that “approval would be forthcoming soon” before the mood music changed in June.

Source: https://theathletic.com/1963663/2020/07/30/newcastle-united-takeover-withdraw-staveley-ashley-pif-premier-league/

So at that point it appears Bein really got their hooks into the PL somehow.

Another issue, and one I want to shift the focus to briefly, is the supposed opposition from other premier league clubs. The only teams I saw specifically mentioned were Tottenham and Liverpool, but let's assume the entire top 6 had reservations along with others.

On what grounds would they be objecting?

This is a question I can't find an answer to that sounds like anything other than sour grapes.

Well you'd think that most people would object to Saudi's owning a club in the PL based on moral issues . It "shouldn't" have any standing in the PL tests, but you can see why the majority of people/clubs would object to it.

It's like why Daniel Bryan refuses to be part of the WWE events in Saudi ;)

Is that not referring to the premier league clubs objecting?  In which case it's absolutely nothing to do with human rights and 100% due to sour grapes/not wanting to upset the status quo.

Regarding the Financial Times article...

EfNSXYJUEAA7iTF?format=jpg&name=large

The Premier League gave them “private assurances” before the deal was signed and again in mid-April that “approval would be forthcoming soon” before the mood music changed in June.

Source: https://theathletic.com/1963663/2020/07/30/newcastle-united-takeover-withdraw-staveley-ashley-pif-premier-league/

So at that point it appears Bein really got their hooks into the PL somehow.

Another issue, and one I want to shift the focus to briefly, is the supposed opposition from other premier league clubs. The only teams I saw specifically mentioned were Tottenham and Liverpool, but let's assume the entire top 6 had reservations along with others.

On what grounds would they be objecting?

This is a question I can't find an answer to that sounds like anything other than sour grapes.

Well you'd think that most people would object to Saudi's owning a club in the PL based on moral issues . It "shouldn't" have any standing in the PL tests, but you can see why the majority of people/clubs would object to it.

It's like why Daniel Bryan refuses to be part of the WWE events in Saudi ;)

Is that not referring to the premier league clubs objecting?  In which case it's absolutely nothing to do with human rights and 100% due to sour grapes/not wanting to upset the status quo.

That's not the point I'm making. I'm saying that if they were pushed for an answer as to why they object, they could cite human rights issues etc.

We all know the sale should have gone through, we all know the PL are corrupt, we all know the top 6 don't want competition.

All these thoughts that ashley is on our side; what if he's simply arguing for any sale? Could be he's pushing the PL but it's to sell to this American morris bloke that no one except cosplay lee ryder wants.

Why would he need to push the PL for selling to Mauriss?

Why would he need to push the PL for selling to Mauriss?

Pressure is there to sell us to Staveley et al, he just wants to sell. The OD tests apparently take approx 4 weeks. PL could think morris is a way out and could push it through quickly so ashley gets his money ASAP.

The TV rights is nothing to do with the delay - it’s the make up of PIF and influence of MBS.

Which is easily solved and will be solved.

You're saying this as fact, rather than opinion. Depends who you believe of course.

Which deleted account were you btw? Godzilla?

Both the PL and buyer have said this - it’s about the only thing they both agree on.

Staveley through her various interviews and the PL through their propaganda session just before PIF ‘withdrew’ claiming there was an impasse due to the make up of the organisations.

Plus it’s also what I’ve heard, unofficially, and makes the most sense as legally the PL couldn’t reject the takeover based on the piracy.

Can you put a link to where the premier league said this please?

I’ve literally told you what happened in my post, the articles were all posted in this thread - go and read it yourself and join the dots up.

Why whenever I ask posters like you (you know, the ones who "KNOW THIS IS ON") you always refuse to post the links to your facts?

Because I work a full time job and don’t have the time/can’t be arsed to pull up the 5 or 6 articles which were posted at the time.

Here’s one, by example: www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/27/newcastle-united-takeover-gridlocked-saudi-led-consortium-struggles/amp/

Fwiw, I’ve never said ‘I know it’s on’ - I’ve just posted the information I have which may or may not be relevant or true. I’m confident it is on, but the only people who ‘know’ are sat in PL headquarters.

Ahh, I misunderstood. I read your post as it being the PL who had said it, which is why you were so certain. But actually it's Luke Edwards. That makes things much clearer.

So you're basing your facts (opinions) on a story from Luke Edwards and some information put out by Staveley. Cool.

And the 5 other articles all written at exactly the same time? Did Luke Edwards tell them? Or was the information from a source distributed to multiple journalists at the same time?

Not sure why Staveley would be the source - she was furious by it.

Not sure why Ashley would be the source - he nearly lost much needed investment.

Who else is left?...

Then ask yourself - why is it important for the PL to have MBS added as a director if it's nothing relating to piracy?

Already been answered countless times - because the PL have concerns he will have control of (or major influence in) the club, which is against their rules as a state cannot own a club.

Right, so they want it so they can reject it? So basically they have every right to be asking for this if it's going to be the case (you say it's easily solved)

It is easily solved - assurances have been given that MBS will have no control. PL weren’t willing to accept that, but with the pressure now being applied, it is hoped that the PL will reconsider this stance and accept the assurances they have been given.

He's the chairman of the public investment fund for fuck sake, stop deluding yourself.

I got a feeling that ironically Ashley has the power to force a response from PL because he is the only one who can legitimately raise a legal battle.

This was always my understanding as well. I don't think the PL gives a fuck if some foreign body complains about being unfairly barred via the O&D test, but quite clearly Ashley is being prevented from realising his assets because of the PL dithering. Whether that will be enough to successfully sue for losses I have my doubts, but he would have a legitimate complaint.

I suspect the PL would just turn round and say they didn't prevent the sale, and only delayed passing what they thought was a questionable investor for a club to operate in their competition.

The TV rights is nothing to do with the delay - it’s the make up of PIF and influence of MBS.

You're saying this as fact, rather than opinion. Depends who you believe of course.

Both the PL and buyer have said this - it’s about the only thing they both agree on.

Staveley through her various interviews and the PL through their propaganda session just before PIF ‘withdrew’ claiming there was an impasse due to the make up of the organisations.

Plus it’s also what I’ve heard, unofficially, and makes the most sense as legally the PL couldn’t reject the takeover based on the piracy.

I’ve literally told you what happened in my post, the articles were all posted in this thread - go and read it yourself and join the dots up.

Why whenever I ask posters like you (you know, the ones who "KNOW THIS IS ON") you always refuse to post the links to your facts?

Because I work a full time job and don’t have the time/can’t be arsed to pull up the 5 or 6 articles which were posted at the time.

Here’s one, by example: www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/27/newcastle-united-takeover-gridlocked-saudi-led-consortium-struggles/amp/

Fwiw, I’ve never said ‘I know it’s on’ - I’ve just posted the information I have which may or may not be relevant or true. I’m confident it is on, but the only people who ‘know’ are sat in PL headquarters.

Ahh, I misunderstood. I read your post as it being the PL who had said it, which is why you were so certain. But actually it's Luke Edwards. That makes things much clearer.

So you're basing your facts (opinions) on a story from Luke Edwards and some information put out by Staveley. Cool.

And the 5 other articles all written at exactly the same time? Did Luke Edwards tell them? Or was the information from a source distributed to multiple journalists at the same time?

Not sure why Ashley would be the source - he nearly lost much needed investment.

Who else is left?...

Then ask yourself - why is it important for the PL to have MBS added as a director if it's nothing relating to piracy?

Already been answered countless times - because the PL have concerns he will have control of (or major influence in) the club, which is against their rules as a state cannot own a club.

Right, so they want it so they can reject it? So basically they have every right to be asking for this if it's going to be the case (you say it's easily solved)

It is easily solved - assurances have been given that MBS will have no control. PL weren’t willing to accept that, but with the pressure now being applied, it is hoped that the PL will reconsider this stance and accept the assurances they have been given.

He's the chairman of the public investment fund for fuck sake, stop deluding yourself.

Sean?

Penn?

Sean Penn? Hmmm

Who else is left?...

Sheik Mansour owns Abu Dhabi United Group, which owns 80% of Manchester City. What’s your point?

Who else is left?...

He's the chairman of the public investment fund for f*** sake, stop deluding yourself.

Sheik Mansour owns Abu Dhabi United Group, which owns 80% of Manchester City. What’s your point?

Ooo yes. How is that justified?

Looks like the PL are starting to hide comments to there tweets.

I expect them to start posting with all replying switched off at some point soon

Why? What's the point? It's pointless going at them on social media as they aren't bothered :shifty:

Looks like the PL are starting to hide comments to there tweets.

Wrong move. It would have probably died down after a while. What it does now is get the attention and it will be even more intense. Absolute dumb ass.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Weird how the deal is apparently off yet multiple reports have come out over the last couple of days explaining how it is progressing.

If they are messing with the ownership amounts Saudi could (albeit won't) donate 10% to be owned by fans. Dare them to block it on moral grounds being the only club in league with some fan ownership (even if easily ignored)