Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

People can slate Penn all they want but the simple fact is that he has been proved to be correct all the way through this nightmare. I remember scoffing to myself at a comment he made back in early May when he said that the deal wouldn't be done by June 1st.

I am on board with the idea that this may yet still happen but I think we have to be realistic. The chances of that are about 5/95 against IMO. I am still in for the 5% because I simply have nothing to lose and this will probably be the last time I am fully invested in NUFC. I have already checked out of football in every other way. Not interested in the game at large whatsoever now and also not interested in any NUFC team news or transfer activity. The only thread I am now checking is this one and a couple of other takeover-related ones on other message boards.

What has he said that has actually been true that couldn't be achieved through guesswork?

Doesnt really matter if he was just guessing though does it? At the end of the day that is all that anyone of has been doing. And are continuing to do.

We are all basing our logic on scraps of information and our own personal bias of how we feel this will go.

It kind of does if it's been presented as actual knowledge.

Christ i could have guessed half the stuff he came out with, and all i know is what goes on here

My mate at BT Sport says the PL are in chaos because of scheduling for next season, what with teams in Europe having a delayed start and the Euros the following summer. They're absolutely just ignoring all the noise, letters etc. They probably get lobbied on various things constantly.

Its fine but he intimates a decision has been made and it hasn't.  Like I said yesterday the questions are simple

Why has a decision not been made after 4 months?

What is holding this up, which criteria in the O&D test is not being met and why?

What engagement have you had with rival stakeholders eg Bein, other PL teams, Qatar government and what has been discussed

My mate at BT Sport says the PL are in chaos because of scheduling for next season, what with teams in Europe having a delayed start and the Euros the following summer. They're absolutely just ignoring all the noise, letters etc. They probably get lobbied on various things constantly.

Do the PL have like 6 people working for them? It’s not hard to come up with a fixture list

Fixtures out the 21st si that's sorted now

I can't buy that, there is being lobbied which isn't the same as the pressure from Ombudsman, 50 odd MPs and the PM

Just need the government to interfere, so the PL don't get sued yet can deflect the blame for their Qatari pals.

If we focus on the city investment, Ashley 'saving the high street' with £300m and get the Reubens to have a word with their high-up pals..... maybe it'll get them involved?

I can't buy that, there is being lobbied which isn't the same as the pressure from Ombudsman, 50 odd MPs and the PM

I've got a mate at BT Sport too but I very much doubt she'll have any idea what's going on with the PL :lol: I'm gonna ask though, just in case.

Do the PL have like 6 people working for them? It’s not hard to come up with a fixture list

It does seem like it. I also worked with a girl whose boyfriend worked quite high up in the PL, something to do with the refs, and he was a total gimp.

Just need the government to interfere, so the PL don't get sued yet can deflect the blame for their Qatari pals.

If we focus on the city investment, Ashley 'saving the high street' with £300m and get the Reubens to have a word with their high-up pals..... maybe it'll get them involved?

This is the one thing that kind of irks me in all this.  Staveley has called for the fans to put the pressure on, which we have in spades but you can't tell me a bunch of us nobheads flooding twitter and writing to your MPs has more pull than the ruler of Saudi Arabia and the richest people in the UK who are also huge donors to the Tory party.

We're doing our small part, I guess we just have to hope the real power brokers are using what influence they have behind the scenes.

This is the one thing that kind of irks me in all this.  Staveley has called for the fans to put the pressure on, which we have in spades but you can't tell me a bunch of us nobheads flooding twitter and writing to your MPs has more pull than the ruler of Saudi Arabia and the richest people in the UK who are also huge donors to the Tory party.

We're doing our small part, I guess we just have to hope the real power brokers are using what influence they have behind the scenes.

Tricky for the Tories. In bed with the Saudi's but also hate the North of England.

Are we not trying to convince the PL he has nowt to do with it?

Was wondering when we'd get to the stage of fans scamming each other and here we are  :lol:

This will be what gets it resolved.  The idea of people in an impoverished area contributing their hard earned to what may already be a lost cause should be intolerable

Just came across this very interesting reply from Liz Truss and deserves some attention. The vast sums at stake here make PL decision completely at odds with govt policy. My only doubt re authenticity is the date on letter so treat with caution.