Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Feels so underwhelming after having put so much excitement into PIF.

We were so close to eventually becoming one of the elite in European football. So close.

That’s how I feel too.

Not really how I see it. For me it’s not about being filthy rich, Citeh-style, and Saudi ownership was always problematic and hard to fully accept. I just want owners who strive to develop the club and compete.

We were so close to eventually becoming one of the elite in European football. So close.

That’s how I feel too.

Not really how I see it. For me it’s not about being filthy rich, Citeh-style, and Saudi ownership was always problematic and hard to fully accept. I just want owners who strive to develop the club and compete.

Yup :thup:

That’s how I feel too.

Yup :thup:

Think I’m 5 years too knackered by it all for that. I 100% wanted us to be filthy rich and one of the best teams in the world. Still more than happy just to be rid of Ashley.

If this is genuine it'd be done pretty fast I'd imagine. They wont have anywhere near as much controversy as the Saudi buyers and the PL will be wary about another lengthy process on their end.

New owners just need to do one thing: have us competing. That's all.

I hate watching us and being bored by the whole thing. The recent game against Bournemouth was the most fun I've had watching us in a while.

We chose the worst decade in terms of how much money there is in football to be run by an arsehole like. Even the best intentioned owners with a good budget will struggle to go behind 7th-9th as a default position.

Commercially we were on a par with Spurs and within about 70% of what Arsenal & Liverpool generated. We’re so far behind that now that the likes of Wolves, Leicester, West Ham & Everton (the latter two are probably a good managerial appointment from sorting themselves out on the pitch) is likely where we will see ourselves even at our best now. Throw in the likes of Villa & Leeds potentially in that bracket.

Seriously want to get a woman chairman after Sean’s posts this morning. I wrote the ultimate meltdown post at it this morning to vent my rage but decided I’d rather stick around rather than rage quit.

Still he’s the biggest pond life ever to have existed on this forum. Sgrey, womblemaster, Lee Stewart and RobertT were all clearly more evolutionary superior.

Can’t take this seriously; Chopra, how does he even begin to get involved in this? I mean you can see he somehow is but how does a group photographed with Obama and that reported revenue have Chopra involved? Hugely sceptical of this and equally worried at this stage.