Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I suspect that the PL never did approve or refuse.

But dependant on chain of events I’d imagine a lawyer could argue some sort of ‘constructive refusal’ situation where from our perspective it is refused.

Of course Masters is going to be personally blamed when certain events in relation to this have been attributed to things he has personally said and done.

I dont really see the complication.

PL wanted more details on the Saudis, which they felt they didnt need to give as they had already answered a bunch of questions.

This left the situation in Limbo (hence the borefest over the summer).

Staveley and Co decided to play a game of bluff by claiming to withdraw from the deal. This was merely an attempt to put pressure on the PL by bringing stuff out in the open.

Negotiations have still been ongoing but unsuccessfully.

MA decides to through his own spanner in the works by claiming it was rejected and hoying some accusations about. (Not like him to be flexible with the truth).

PL say it hasnt been formally rejected, therefore it remains at an impasse.

Neither side will budge. It will have to be done without PIF for now, or not at all.

PL wanted more details on the Saudis, which they felt they didnt need to give as they had already answered a bunch of questions.

Staveley and Co decided to play a game of bluff by claiming to withdraw from the deal. This was merely an attempt to put pressure on the PL by bringing stuff out in the open.

MA decides to through his own spanner in the works by claiming it was rejected and hoying some accusations about. (Not like him to be flexible with the truth).

Neither side will budge. It will have to be done without PIF for now, or not at all.

It's all clear now.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Getting the overriding impression this was just a typical gung-ho PR move by Ashley

Coming off the back of a successful week in the transfer window, what better way to misdirect fans attention away from his failings as an owner than attack the Premier League

Why would he need to do that? The PL have already given him the perfect excuse for staying on and running us on a shoestring budget. If he says nothing he's already £17 million up from where he started before the takeover bid. Not really sure what your logic is there.

It's a perfect excuse for if things go pear shaped this season for him to purely blame the PL for everything now instead of his abysmal running of a club, last night's statement was reinforces that now.

Pretty much, not to mention he's also publicly aligned with the fans over perceived failings in how the Premier League have handled it all, which has gone down a storm, at least on social media

The ultimate Bishop PR masterstroke ?

What?  :lol:

Do you think he secretly had a deal with the PL to reject the bid so he could continue to own the club and run it badly?

:lol:

Was tongue in cheek but no, the comment wasn't about a deal with the PL, more at the thought that he's used the situation to get the fans back on his side and to make the PL the bad guys.

Well from my POV they are the bad guys. I 100% support him in this and would like him to shoot more shit their way if he's up for it.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I think this is a good thread, Liam Kennedy is also one of the better journos.

A good journo doesn't start with "My view, for what it's worth"

Should’ve added a disclaimer that there are no good journos, but he’s one of the better ones.

A bit like choosing between your favourite episode of diarrhoea.

The feeling I have is that the PL simply don't want to "formally" reject it or accept it. They just move the the goal posts and hope it fades away in a few months. Thats my theory. They disagree and say no, even if not formally.

Same here.  They also moved the goalposts re: arbitration.  If PL had rejected the bid outright, PIF could have taken that to arb.  However, PL said, in effect, "well if you don't like this decision, take to arb". PIF saw this as part of the delaying tactics where each individual decision gets reviewed piecemeal rather than in total.  This is the point where PIF said they're out.

Just speculation on my part.

Nah PIF said they were out when they realised they couldn't pass the test without taking it.

Theres no conspiracy here either. The PL rightly dont want state actors owning football clubs.

If the Saudis want to have their hands in a football club it needs to be through an independent body or a wealthy individual.

Just take PIF out of the equation and replace it with someone not related to the Royal family or part of the government. I'm sure there is a list of people in SA prepared to be a puppet for them.

Let me add to the above, not only do I support Mike Ashley's campaign of defamation against the PL, I am absolutely delighted that the club personally fingered Rick Masters, the smarmy cunt. I don't care if it's a PR stunt, if it's angered the PL and their sponsor clubs, fuck them.

I think this is a good thread, Liam Kennedy is also one of the better journos.

A good journo doesn't start with "My view, for what it's worth"

Should’ve added a disclaimer that there are no good journos, but he’s one of the better ones.

A bit like choosing between your favourite episode of diarrhoea.

A bit like saying my hamster is the best unicorn.

Must be some impressive backtracking from NUST on the way.

After all, it wasn’t that long ago after their tea party with Masters they were telling us how sincere he was. The club now coming out and specifically accusing him of not acting appropriately.

Once again, they stick their finger in the air before making a decision on which side to hop into bed with, after lobbying for membership (£££) on the back of a crisis.

I’m hope you are going to retract your ridiculous in accurate post

What excites me most is wondering who Money Mike Ashley is.

The mask is starting to slip - it's clearly someone close to Ashley.

Whoever it is, is from the NE. I've seen some tweets with Geordie twang in them. I doubt they are close to Ashley given how much piss taking he has done. Stuff that even someone like Ashley would find insulting.

They are very funny though and have got a few things correct, by pure chance I suspect.

It's all clear now.

Probably nailed it ?

Wow. So were the transfers on the approval of the would be new owners? This has seem a strange week and the transfers reflect that.

MA is looking for the receipts as we speak, in the hope he can return them.

Hope the cunt has to pay postage.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Must be some impressive backtracking from NUST on the way.

After all, it wasn’t that long ago after their tea party with Masters they were telling us how sincere he was. The club now coming out and specifically accusing him of not acting appropriately.

Once again, they stick their finger in the air before making a decision on which side to hop into bed with, after lobbying for membership (£££) on the back of a crisis.

I’m hope you are going to retract your ridiculous in accurate post

Thoughts remain the same - they called off the pressure from the PL when it was growing in momentum, should never have done that. We’re still sat here with the PL refusing to make a decision, but it’s okay because Masters is very sincere.