Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’m convinced it’ll go through and I have been all along (well, bar some time when they "walked away"!)– de Marco would not be putting those tweets out if he wasn’t massively confident!

The only legal obstacle was possibly the piracy issue which looks to have now been resolved!

Unlucky, “big six” wankers!

IF this takeover is likely to happen, and relatively soonish, even if not completed in January. Then surely the new owners will "demand" that we strengthen the team in January, even if not as much as the new owners would have done coming in before the months end.

Personally I don't see the takeover going through unless we do at least some sort of decent business in January. Or at least get rid of the useless manager.

Without investment in the squad and replacing the manager we will at best skirt very closely to relegation come the end of the season. The only time new owners can influence that is this month. If its not done in a couple of weeks giving them 1 week to make some moves then why would thry run the risk of completing the deal when the club would be worth half as much?

So either it completes very soon, it's nowhere near and all this is BS or its only completing when PL safety is certain. If its the latter prepare for a long nail biting season and it's just like us to get it through then relegate ourselves and them going to buy another club like Leeds.

I asked the question the other week if anyone was still confident and most people said no including myself. How do people feel now after what looks like a peace agreement in the Middle East?

I asked the question the other week if anyone was still confident and most people said no including myself. How do people feel now after what looks like a peace agreement in the Middle East?

Not budging until I see official confirmation. Been here so many times before.

I’m back in, Ando says it’s all good, that will do for me .

Howay

Howay

I have tried, I have tried hard, but I cannot even come close to understanding how anyone - faced with the facts - could have been anything but confident that this Takeover would succeed.

Based purely on the calibre of the people buying us, it was never going to be in doubt.

All we have to do (during the current quiet period) as I have said time-after-time on here, is WAIT !!!

This. I’ve been pretty certain several times before. I see nothing concrete at this point in time. A peace agreement in the Middle East doesn’t mean NUFC are about to be sold, unfortunately.

This. I’ve been pretty certain several times before. I see nothing concrete at this point in time. A peace agreement in the Middle East doesn’t mean NUFC are about to be sold, unfortunately.

It doesn’t but it also doesn’t hurt our cause

Howay

I have tried, I have tried hard, but I cannot even come close to understanding how anyone - faced with the facts - could have been anything but confident that this Takeover would succeed.

Based purely on the calibre of the people buying us, it was never going to be in doubt.

All we have to do (during the current quiet period) as I have said time-after-time on here, is WAIT !!!

The PIF have officially withdrawn their bid to buy NUFC.

Howay

Doesn't matter if they are still interested.

Howay

Doesn't matter if they are still interested.

And that they’re interested doesn’t matter if the deal won’t be approved...we could do this all day. I was just answering this part: ” I have tried, I have tried hard, but I cannot even come close to understanding how anyone - faced with the facts - could have been anything but confident that this Takeover would succeed.”