Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Apologies in advance I know this will not be a popular move amongst some on here.

But after repeated requests from the Infinite Odyssey over recent days and weeks i’ve finally relented. I’m only to willing to help this poor lad fight his addiction, however I think at this point the best course of action is to feed his problem.

The condition I believe some have named it as ‘Wraithism’. So I’m sure everyone’s with me in wishing the Odyssey all the best, and feel free to direct any anger at myself.

Enjoy the vid fella.

literally lost all confidence in kennedy if he's appearing on that human caruncle's podcast tbh

Guest reefatoon

The optimism is seeping back in after that. Can see Doomseeker Edwards typing furiously from his well of sorrow, trying to douse the flames of optimism once again. I give him 5 minutes.

Apologies in advance I know this will not be a popular move amongst some on here.

But after repeated requests from the Infinite Odyssey over recent days and weeks i’ve finally relented. I’m only to willing to help this poor lad fight his addiction, however I think at this point the best course of action is to feed his problem.

The condition I believe some have named it as ‘Wraithism’. So I’m sure everyone’s with me in wishing the Odyssey all the best, and feel free to direct any anger at myself.

Enjoy the vid fella.

literally lost all confidence in kennedy if he's appearing on that human caruncle's podcast tbh

I feel your pain Thomas, it was with gritted teeth I posted this.

Enjoy the vid fella.

Kennedy is on every Tuesday with Wraith

Absolutely want this takeover to go ahead, but there's something very strange about the NCSL group.  I'm also not sure I 100% trust Kennedy as a reporter - especially given these connections to Wraith.

Having said that, I don't really get what NCSL are getting out of this arrangement if they are just on a grift.  As long as they don't start asking for money, they might as well crack on.

Unless MBS is willing to go through an owners and directors test, I really dont see how we are any further forward.

The takeover stalled because the people trying to buy us arent willing to be honest about who is in charge of the club.

I doubt TV rights had much of a baring on the PL decision.

Unless MBS is willing to go through an owners and directors test, I really dont see how we are any further forward.

The takeover stalled because the people trying to buy us arent willing to be honest about who is in charge of the club.

You believe that was the honest reason? :lol:

People can talk about various reasons and obstacles and whatever, but the thing is does anyone really have a clue about this? :lol: (nope). We have no idea what issues have been ironed out and what not. I mean some of the earlier (which we aren't even sure about) might have been solved.

Even more so now in hindsight, but the PL were never going to allow this takeover to someone who stole from their biggest media partner. Would be suicide for the PL and their friendship with Bein.

What the PL need is Bein happy, them getting the rights in Saudi Arabia is a massive plus for them.

It was never ever going to happen while Saudi Arabia were sticking two fingers up at them at the same time as stealing their product.

Things are definitely improving, would Bein still want to reject this now that Saudi have let them broadcast again? It makes no sense for them to oppose now that they have the contract to show games in Saudi Arabia.

As if the PL's executive board cares who truly runs a club - it's all about the cash flow stream to them and the TV rights' holders are the most important to the viability of the league. NBC, Sky, BeIN, etc are all the loudest voices in the room to the league.

I think the fact that the PL refused to actually make a decision on that indicates that there was more to it than that. They were clearly not confident in disqualifying the directors on that basis but did not want to approve the takeover, most likely due to the Saudi piracy issue. If that is resolved their reason for blocking the takeover by refusing to make a decision might have gone away.

if the Qataris and Saudis are playing nice now - you'd easily see them saying internally, alright, lets not piss them off again and go down this expensive rabbit hole. Play nice, keep the money flowing.

Yeah for sure, the only thing to be optimistic about seems to be the KSA/Qatar agreement and perhaps Ashley's legal attempts.

The KSA/Qatar deal is a massive game changer tbh, it was obviously the biggest obstacle. The PL was able to use the piracy stuff to block us on behalf of the big six. With that gone, if anything the deal between the two countries is now in our favour.