Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

51 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

We never got to find out exactly why, but he did something with Musgrave at the Chronicle (podcast I think) during the last Middle East takeover bid, which was pulled within 24 hours when it was found he had given some alleged less than truthful information. Can’t recall the full story, but seem to remember Mark Douglas slating him. Don’t care what he says he has an agenda and is being used by the Premier League and BEIN and now with all the Twitter posts and his non stop podcast appearances (seems to have a lot of time to make a hell of a lot for a self called investigative journalist). Wish him and Keith would both fuck off with their constant barrage of promoting the so called facts. I hope to god the cases are put to bed soon so that both will fuck off for good. 

Edited by et tu brute

In hindsight the best thing Caulkin could have done was to step back from it completely.

The thing is, once (if) the takeover happens, all these people will be in its shade and will be quickly forgotten when it comes to what happens next with nufc

Guest HTT II
19 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Think it's fairly obvious i wasn't referring to all supporters, just like it isn't all journalists

Nah all supporters have a right to be part of ‘the’ story where their club and game is concerned, journos don’t have that same right. They are their to report, chronicle and cover a story, they should be impartial and have integrity and not become part of the story, twist the story or change the story or be the actual story as cunts like Edwards feel is their right to be these days. They need ignored and they will go away, they are nothing but scumbags and mercenaries just as much as agents are, at least agents have legitimate business here in the game and sport…

Edited by HTT II

I completely get the frustration at the delays, but in the entire history of law has any defendant ever done anything different, ever?

Under an "innocent until proven guilty" system, without a 100% chance of success in their defence doesn't everyone always just kick the can down the road? Doesn't make it any less frustrating, but to paint it as a specific tactic that the PL have invented just for this case is a bit bizarre.

More time is both a good and a bad thing - bad because the process is drawn out far longer than it could have. The Beloff appeal took half a year alone to appeal and we were unsuccessful there, but the reasoning behind it was absolutely justified so it's alright. But good because it's more time to prepare for both cases to create that watertight argument and hope that there's enough time for disclosure to reveal crucial evidence for Ashley's side! Do want it to be over though, we all agree there

26 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I completely get the frustration at the delays, but in the entire history of law has any defendant ever done anything different, ever?

Under an "innocent until proven guilty" system, without a 100% chance of success in their defence doesn't everyone always just kick the can down the road? Doesn't make it any less frustrating, but to paint it as a specific tactic that the PL have invented just for this case is a bit bizarre.

It's not that bizarre. You can understand why people are so cynical about the PL.

12 minutes ago, Robster said:

It's not that bizarre. You can understand why people are so cynical about the PL.

Yeah be cynical about the PL, they're a bunch of cunts, but this thread is packed full of incredulity and outrage from people that the PL are not rushing to get to court. But no defendant ever is, in any case, ever.

I just can't get behind that mindset that they're doing anything strange or unusual here, because they aren't.

Edited by Chris_R

Guest reefatoon
13 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah be cynical about the PL, they're a bunch of cunts, but this thread is packed full of incredulity and outrage from people that the PL are not rushing to get to court. But no defendant ever is, in any case, ever.

I just can't get behind that mindset that they're doing anything strange or unusual here, because they aren't.

To be fair, I don't think anybody is doing this. People are talking about the PL, because that is the what this thread is about, the takeover and the upcoming cases. Just because people are getting annoyed about it dragging on, doesn't mean they don't think it happens all the time with other cases.

I fucking hate traffic jams. I know they happen all over the place, but it still doesn't stop me being pissed off when I am in one.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

To be fair, I don't think anybody is doing this. People are talking about the PL, because that is the what this thread is about, the takeover and the upcoming cases. Just because people are getting annoyed about it dragging on, doesn't mean they don't think it happens all the time with other cases.

Agree. I actually don't care if it takes a month or three months longer if I know the decision is going to be corruption free. But in the back of my mind is always that the PL are still banking on a judge backing them and the big clubs vs NUFC with potential to overthrow the old guard with money from Saudi Arabia. The EPL stands for English football, not really sure if NUFC will have quite the same clout even if technically it is supposed to be about the merits of the case. 

17 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://jusmundi.com/en/document/decision/en-newcastle-united-fc-limited-v-football-association-premier-league-limited-judgment-of-the-united-kingdom-high-court-of-justice-2021-ewhc-349-wednesday-24th-february-2021

Paragraph 67:

NUFC maintains that the scope of the arbitration is wider than the "Director" issue. I do not accept that to be so. 

None of the facts and matters referred to in paragraphs 8 and 17 of NUFC's skeleton submissions engage in any relevant way with Section F of PLL's Rules or with the issues that the 2017 Advice was concerned with. Section F of the Rules is not material in the circumstances to the true construction of the definitions within Section A for the reasons already explained in paragraphs 38-40 of the judgment. 

The arbitration is concerned ultimately with and only with the applicability of the definitions in Section A to KSA.

Because the advice was related to section F of the O+D test rather than A, which applies to this arbitration the grounds of bias are dismissed - even if it's also mentioned a big oversight not telling Newcastle beforehand! 

Paragraph 59:

"Notwithstanding my conclusion that the failure of the second defendant to set out this request in correspondence copied to all parties was an error of judgment, the only relevant question that arises is whether the fair-minded and informed observer, having considered the facts, would infer a real risk of bias from this error. In my judgment such an observer having all the attributes referred to in the authorities would not have come to that conclusion. "

I still think he will instinctively defend the PL's point of view. Everyone has a degree of unconscious bias and his will lean towards the PL.

44 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

They were delaying long before court/legal cases were ever mentioned.

Just now, Wilson said:

They were delaying long before court/legal cases were ever mentioned.

I was gonna make this point. The whole reason we are now in a legal battle is because the PL delayed & delayed so much they never actually gave a decision and PIF walked away.