Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

My parents and 5 other sets of parents moved a load of us in the last year of primary school, to avoid having to go to Breckenbeds (now Joseph Swan) which at the time was considered horrific.

Ended up in Whickham myself which was very... very marginally better than the school I lived 3 minutes walk from...Kingsmeadow.  Hardly a stick to beat a parent with tbf. 

I’ve came across him a few times, playing the system, and being a Sunderland fan aside, he’s still a fucking massive Tosser.

Lovely words there from the former Conservative candidate for North Tyneside council who, unfortunately due to his previous behaviour, is not allowed to use the oven by his mam.

Noticed my MP (Kevan Jones) hadn't mentioned this at all so figured it was worth writing to him.

Same (Nick Brown) emailed him stating how good potentially this could be for the river tyne area his area covers, 4+ businesses involved in the oil & gas sector.

Don’t worry about him, by convention whips don’t get involved

Alan Campbell of Tynemouth won't help anyone. He hates NUFC!

Guy is generally a scumbag. He voted against the 2nd Tyne tunnel and also against the Silverlink roundabout and A1 duelling.

Had the misfortune of meeting him once before. He's an extremely bitter b******. Hates NUFC or anything north of the Tyne for that matter. Openly admits it as well.

Aye just googled him originally from Consett, if I don’t get a reply a further e mail will be winging its way to him this weekend reminding him of where he represents the mackem cnut.

Guest reefatoon

Amnesty back on the letters there. Gagging to get those pesky Geordies and their new found letter writing back in their place. Hatice incoming in 3-2-1: “Disapprovers assemble!”

Amnesty back on the letters there. Gagging to get those pesky Geordies and their new found letter writing back in their place. Hatice incoming in 3-2-1: “Disapprovers assemble!”

Aye posted the article on the prev page, I’m not surprised it was always going to happen.

One thing the do mention Man City’s take over in 2008, which is the first time this has been mentioned.

Having a criminal conviction prohibits ownership, but there is no morality clause included, and Manchester City's Abu Dhabi-backed takeover in 2008 was approved despite similar concerns over human rights in the United Arab Emirates.

Don’t even know who my mp is. Think it’s Alan Johnson or some other equally boring name.

Alan Campbell, Tynemouth?

Waste of time. He’s a Sunderland season ticket holder.

Well that’s me never voting for him ever again.  :lol:

His Office is just opposite my business

Aye wants to bare in mind he’s in a very small minority around here if he is, and remember who he represents.

Just get it out on twitter he’s a mackem scumbag and his votes will plummet next election.

The best way to kill that off as an influence on the process is to agree with it and demand it be retrospectively applied.

e.g. "The NUST agrees that the owners and directors test should include all elements considered important by the Premier League and its member clubs.  All clubs should be held to that assessment each year and at the commencement of each season be required to prove their compliance with the requirements of the O&D Test prior to their participation in the coming season's competition."

Such a response can't be accused of being against human rights, and it would be difficult for anyone to argue that the assessment shouldn't be an ongoing compliance requirement.  Consequently we would quickly see existing Premier League clubs rush to veto such a change (because they would fail the test and have to be ejected from the league).

Yeah they’ve commissioned lawyers to propose new law re Human rights be applied to Premier League test.

According to Simon Bird who’s article I refuse to link, the PL have been ordered to make changes. He never ceases to stop writing shite during this whole takeover.

What would be interesting though is if the PL adopted these new proposals re slavery, torture etc would be if that extends to broadcasting partners with links to the Qatari govt. Is bein sports a separate entity from Qatar, what is their ownership structure, somehow I’m guessing it wouldn’t.

Alan Campbell of Tynemouth won't help anyone. He hates NUFC!

Guy is generally a scumbag. He voted against the 2nd Tyne tunnel and also against the Silverlink roundabout and A1 duelling.

Had the misfortune of meeting him once before. He's an extremely bitter bastard. Hates NUFC or anything north of the Tyne for that matter. Openly admits it as well.

Guy is a full blown Tosser.

He sent his son to Whitley Bay High school despite living right next to John Spence. He sent him there because John Spence doesn’t have a good reputation or OFSTED rating, or at least it didn’t at the time, where as Whitley Bay did.

If he was anyone else there is no way he would been able to send his kid to Whitley Bay over John Spence. Even if John Spence was full, he would have been required to send him to Marden, or Monkseaton ahead of Whitley Bay. It just so happens that both of those schools weren’t highly rated either.

He was a teacher at Whitley High when i was there. He started dating a sixth form student and then left the school under a bit of a cloud i seem to remember. Then they got married a few years later.  He was a right arsehole.

Surely there’re has to be some kind of news or comment soon.

You recon, personally I doubt they ever will be a comment from the EPL.

It will be some token gesture via the buyers/sellers side that the sale has eventually failed because*insert random reason not related to the O+D test*

The best way to kill that off as an influence on the process is to agree with it and demand it be retrospectively applied.

e.g. "The NUST agrees that the owners and directors test should include all elements considered important by the Premier League and its member clubs.  All clubs should be held to that assessment each year and at the commencement of each season be required to prove their compliance with the requirements of the O&D Test prior to their participation in the coming season's competition."

Such a response can't be accused of being against human rights, and it would be difficult for anyone to argue that the assessment shouldn't be an ongoing compliance requirement.  Consequently we would quickly see existing Premier League clubs rush to veto such a change (because they would fail the test and have to be ejected from the league).

...and insist that all TV deals also include a morality test

Premier League AGM this morning

Don’t think they even have to publish the transcripts as there a private entity.

What really needs to happen is that the EPL needs to be come more transparent in the way that it operates and be held more accountable to the FA.

Cannot see that happening either tbh

My parents and 5 other sets of parents moved a load of us in the last year of primary school, to avoid having to go to Breckenbeds (now Joseph Swan) which at the time was considered horrific.

Ended up in Whickham myself which was very... very marginally better than the school I lived 3 minutes walk from...Kingsmeadow.  Hardly a stick to beat a parent with tbf.

I went to Whickham. I lived 5 minutes from the school (1990-1998 as went to the sixth form also).

Ashley/Charnley need to just go in and start tipping tables over, hoying paper balls, stabbing people with pens etc. Just create carnage.

Metaphorically speaking, this.

Ashley (Charnley acting for Ashley) needs to go into PL AGM and say that Ashley has a shit-ton of legal advice that says he could sue the Premier League and all member clubs who have deprived him of natural justice (deprived him of the ability to sell his club to anyone who meets the O&D Test criteria) and that if they don't get off their arses and pass the sale then the next time he sees them will be in court.

Ashley/Charnley need to just go in and start tipping tables over, hoying paper balls, stabbing people with pens etc. Just create carnage.

Ashley (Charnley acting for Ashley) needs to go into PL AGM and say that Ashley has a s***-ton of legal advice that says he could sue the Premier League and all member clubs who have deprived him of natural justice (deprived him of the ability to sell his club to anyone who meets the O&D Test criteria) and that if they don't get off their arses and pass the sale then the next time he sees them will be in court.

Would love this apparently the meeting is via video link so nothing to stop Mike dialling in from Miami.

Ashley (Charnley acting for Ashley) needs to go into PL AGM and say that Ashley has a s***-ton of legal advice that says he could sue the Premier League and all member clubs who have deprived him of natural justice (deprived him of the ability to sell his club to anyone who meets the O&D Test criteria) and that if they don't get off their arses and pass the sale then the next time he sees them will be in court.

Would love this apparently the meeting is via video link so nothing to stop Mike dialling in from Miami.

Hell, he could give his lawyers his proxy and have his lawyers dial in on his behalf.

Made no difference though, did it?

;)

I’ve came across him a few times, playing the system, and being a Sunderland fan aside, he’s still a fucking massive Tosser.

Lovely words there from the former Conservative candidate for North Tyneside council who, unfortunately due to his previous behaviour, is not allowed to use the oven by his mam.

:lol: :lol: