Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Talking of journalists great read from Henry Winter, Sean will love the bit about Mandy to.

https://www.ne1sgame.com/post/an-interview-with-henry-winter-part-3

Love Winter, but I think he's lost the marbles here.  :lol:

"What’s so frustrating is that he has such a great strategic mind. I spent a few minutes with him and he picked apart this issue with agents fees, his mind untangled it and put it back together like a Rubik’s Cube. He stood there, with no eye contact, and I thought wow you have such an amazing mind, why aren’t you more involved in this? Why aren’t you more invested?"

No way is Ashley that intelligent.

Talking of journalists great read from Henry Winter, Sean will love the bit about Mandy to.

"What’s so frustrating is that he has such a great strategic mind. I spent a few minutes with him and he picked apart this issue with agents fees, his mind untangled it and put it back together like a Rubik’s Cube. He stood there, with no eye contact, and I thought wow you have such an amazing mind, why aren’t you more involved in this? Why aren’t you more invested?"

Stuff like this was mentioned a few times in The Athletic article about him a few months back. Several people say he's some kind of savant.

I've just read the Sky article on this and it says:

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters will answer fan questions on Wednesday following the failed takeover of Newcastle United by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium.

The conference call is part of a routine scheduled meeting between the league and fan groups.

Representatives from supporter groups across the 20 Premier League clubs will pose questions to Masters, the main purpose of the call is to discuss fans returning to stadiums next season.

So, if I've read it right and this meeting is only half an hour long, I don't see that the reps for NUFC will get much time at all to ask their questions or get reasonable answers, especially not if they have to compete with the other 19 clubs in getting time to grill Masters! Sounds like a sham to me, same as everything else the Premier League have done.

I've just read the Sky article on this and it says:

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters will answer fan questions on Wednesday following the failed takeover of Newcastle United by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium.

The conference call is part of a routine scheduled meeting between the league and fan groups.

Representatives from supporter groups across the 20 Premier League clubs will pose questions to Masters, the main purpose of the call is to discuss fans returning to stadiums next season.

So, if I've read it right and this meeting is only half an hour long, I don't see that the reps for NUFC will get much time at all to ask their questions or get reasonable answers, especially not if they have to compete with the other 19 clubs in getting time to grill Masters! Sounds like a sham to me, same as everything else the Premier League have done.

No NUST got a 30 min slot exclusive for Newcastle issues

Yeah not sure about that paragraph but I enjoyed reading it. The part about Fergie always reading the chronicle when he came up made me smile, always had the impression Fergie was a bit in awe of our support at times especially in the 90’s.

I’ll never forget the build up and atmosphere in the ground the night we lost to Cantona. The whole ground was loud as fuck a full 20 minutes before kick off, still get shivers thinking about that night.

Again, their efforts and achievements have been nothing short of miraculous this year. They deserve so much credit for putting together something with so much credibility and in turn enough weight to be able to do something like this.

Sounds positive

Nope, constructive doesn’t mean positive, unless simply getting answers is positive (which I guess it kinda is).

Yea, that’s what I was going for. The takeover is dead now. I want to know why.