Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's interesting they're saying 'no need to decide' though, if what they mean is 'we're secretly working on a possible new deal'.

Not really, they're saying that because the bid has been withdrawn imo.

Just read it.  Nowt we didn't already know

- Test is confidential

- No definitive timescale given

- Bid was publicly withdrawn so no need for a final decision

So what did the premier league actually do for 17 weeks.    Sounds like nothing to me and then in june decided to challenge who would actually own NUFC.  Fucking farce!

It's interesting they're saying 'no need to decide' though, if what they mean is 'we're secretly working on a possible new deal'.

Yeah, but if they then give a new setup the green light it's going to look a bit odd.

- Test is confidential

So what did the premier league actually do for 17 weeks.    Sounds like nothing to me and then in june decided to challenge who would actually own NUFC.  Fucking farce!

Asked questions of PIF and the other buyers which they were unable to answer.  There's no conspiracy here, ultimately it looks like PIF have been obstructive for their own reasons to the process.

- Test is confidential

Asked questions of PIF and the other buyers which they were unable to answer.  There's no conspiracy here, ultimately it looks like PIF have been obstructive for their own reasons to the process.

Depends how reasonable the questions were, no?

Yeah, but if they then give a new setup the green light it's going to look a bit odd.

Not really if they satisfy their conditions of the O&D test,  Whether that is in six months or six years time.

Not really if they satisfy their conditions of the O&D test,  Whether that is in six months or six years time.

Right, but what I'm saying is the rumours are that this particular deal is not dead. Not that any future bid may or may not pass the test.

- Test is confidential

So what did the premier league actually do for 17 weeks.    Sounds like nothing to me and then in june decided to challenge who would actually own NUFC.  f***ing farce!

This is where I’m at as well. Surely if that wasn’t true PIF would come out and counter that but their silence speaks volumes.

- Test is confidential

So what did the premier league actually do for 17 weeks.    Sounds like nothing to me and then in june decided to challenge who would actually own NUFC.  f***ing farce!

Yeah okay, you are right, all hail the premier league.    You may not admit it but we have been screwed and so the fans have nothing to look forward to .....except free signings.    Newcastle football club is dead, bulldoze the stadium and put a massive sports direct warehouse on it!

Depends how reasonable the questions were, no?

Maybe but I don't think PIF will be forthcoming with complete honesty tbh.  They rightly don't want to expose themselves diplomatically on what would be a low level investment for them.

Truth be told, my theory is it's been determined that it's not worth the hassle for them to take us over as it would compromise more valuable interests elsewhere.

Yeah okay, you are right, all hail the premier league.    You may not admit it but we have been screwed and so the fans have nothing to look forward to .....except free signings.    Newcastle football club is dead, bulldoze the stadium and put a massive sports direct warehouse on it!

Well, this looks like today's high-water mark for shit takes...

:lol:

Christ, get a grip man.  PIF aren't whiter than white, no one more than me wanted them to take us over and understands how fucked we are as a result of it not going through.

It's not 'all hail the Premier League' at all.  Show some objectivity.

Shame they didn’t ask how Martin Samuels knew exactly what was going to be in the letter to Chi 24 hours before. The PL are snakes. Fact is they didn’t have the bottle to reject PIF but were willing to this drag on and drag on.

Christ, get a grip man.  PIF aren't whiter than white, no one more than me wanted them to take us over and understands how f***ed we are as a result of it not going through.

The PIF aren't whiter than white, agreed but still stand by my stance, what have toon fans got to look forward to............

Christ, get a grip man.  PIF aren't whiter than white, no one more than me wanted them to take us over and understands how fucked we are as a result of it not going through.

Shame they didn’t ask how Martin Samuels knew exactly what was going to be in the letter to Chi 24 hours before. The PL are snakes. Fact is they didn’t have the bottle to reject PIF but were willing to this drag on and drag on.

Yeah I’m certainly not taking Masters answers at face value, he’s hardly going to admit they said no red flags or there has been outside influence.

In saying that I would like a more in depth response to what PL has come out with since last Friday from the consortium, instead of just sources close to them providing snippets.

Sadly there not going to be any resolution to this. Newcastle fans have to yet again just put up with it. Not many positives other than Ashley definately wants to sell and the fanbase seem united for once. Other than that fuck next season and fuck the PL.

- Test is confidential

Yep. If you won't answer the questions asked, there's no way we can wave the deal through. And to be honest that's right to protect the club.

I still think it's telling that there's been no comment, official or otherwise, by Staveley since the letter from Masters.

You imagine if she's legit that there's a lot of holes in what Masters said to pick at. Such as what happened between March and June (?) when they queried the ownership structure. What happened between that point and PiF withdrawal? Did the consortium provide timely answers and the PL drag their heels with responses and clarifications or the other way round?

Find it hard to believe she wouldn't have something to say if this was completely dead in the water having gone to blame the PL so clearly from the off.

She doesn't think it's dead basically.

- Test is confidential

Yep. If you won't answer the questions asked, there's no way we can wave the deal through. And to be honest that's right to protect the club.

I'm not sure protecting the club is anywhere on their agenda TBH. What did Mike Ashley answer to these questions?

Fans have done what Staveley has asked. Let's see if she can be fucked to make the next move.

I don’t think she even knows what her next move is. The Saudis are out, no question about that. Does she come back with another consortium? By all accounts it took nearly 2 years to get this bid in place

I still think it's telling that there's been no comment, official or otherwise, by Staveley since the letter from Masters.

You imagine if she's legit that there's a lot of holes in what Masters said to pick at. Such as what happened between March and June (?) when they queried the ownership structure. What happened between that point and PiF withdrawal? Did the consortium provide timely answers and the PL drag their heels with responses and clarifications or the other way round?

Find it hard to believe she wouldn't have something to say if this was completely dead in the water having gone to blame the PL so clearly from the off.

She doesn't think it's dead basically.

It’s dead in its current form imo.

I don’t see the PIF returning to the table. they are clearly affronted by whet the PL is requesting.