Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Nothing to prevent them, so why aren’t they taking legal action instead of just walking away?

Probably trying to work out if they'd win, and given they've already lost 17m might not want to put more in unless confident

PIF has walked away, nothing to suggest they want a way back in. Caulkin has been very quiet since the news that PIF had walked away

He is on vacation for God sake.

God forbid a reporter actually goes dark when they say they're on vacation. I wish he were more like Edwards; 'busy' when someone challenges him then conveniently returns just in time to gloat about something.

PIF has walked away, nothing to suggest they want a way back in. Caulkin has been very quiet since the news that PIF had walked away

Hope he’s somewhere nice, PIF has still walked away though.

Caulkin got fed nothing but shite anyway, I don't understand why his name still holds weight.

The fact is he's still the closest local source to the buyers. Imo the only black mark against him throughout this was the 'hope your fridge is working' tweet or whatever it was. Otherwise he's been fairly consistent and blunt about the fact he's simply relaying what the buyers are telling him. Compare that to near enough all other 'journalists' who are just playing literal guessing games.

I daresay the buyers should be more discredited by the whole thing considering they're the ones that were feeding him that shite. If he chose not to relay what the buyers were telling him simply because he didn't believe what they were saying he would've been given fucking pelters. :lol:

Caulkin got fed nothing but shite anyway, I don't understand why his name still holds weight.

Coz he’s a really good journalist and also your post isn’t even all that accurate. He was told it was close by his source and if we believe AS they (the buyers) were told it was close until something changed within the PL.

How caulkin gets shit for reporting what he’s told by probably staveley herself I’ve no idea.

From caulkin, explaining just that a few weeks ago, for those failing to understand

Sources very close to the consortium were saying yesterday [Thursday] that they had had the unofficial word from the Premier League on two occasions before the deal went into the Premier League, and again not long after it did, that they would be getting approval – and something has changed.”

When other journalists were mentioning that this was at a standstill and the decision was gridlocked. Caulkin was once again mentioning that "no red flags" "they're answering questions"

I don't understand the praise he gets - Ben Jacobs was bang on through the whole saga but gets no mention at all.

Coz he’s a really good journalist and also your post isn’t even all that accurate. He was told it was close by his source and if we believe AS they (the buyers) were told it was close until something changed within the PL.

How caulkin gets shit for reporting what he’s told by probably staveley herself I’ve no idea.

:thup: buyers get fucked over by the PL who have given the info to Caulkin direct, now all of a sudden George is no longer credible. :lol:

When other journalists were mentioning that this was at a standstill and the decision was gridlocked. Caulkin was once again mentioning that "no red flags" "they're answering questions"

I don't understand the praise he gets - Ben Jacobs was bang on through the whole saga but gets no mention at all.

So you'd prefer him not to communicate with any potential buyers and report what they're telling him?

Lee Ryder etc get stick for not doing enough digging. We can't have it both ways.

But you know he’s just relaying what he’s being told by most probably staveley herself? He’s not making these things up.

I’d imagine Jacobs was getting his info from a premier league or bein source and it just so happens that side won out

You are right, you don’t understand

Caulkin got fed nothing but s**** anyway, I don't understand why his name still holds weight.

The fact is he's still the closest local source to the buyers. Imo the only black mark against him throughout this was the 'hope your fridge is working' tweet or whatever it was. Otherwise he's been fairly consistent and blunt about the fact he's simply relaying what the buyers are telling him. Compare that to near enough all other 'journalists' who are just playing literal guessing games.

I daresay the buyers should be more discredited by the whole thing considering they're the ones that were feeding him that s****. If he chose not to relay what the buyers were telling him simply because he didn't believe what they were saying he would've been given f***ing pelters. :lol:

I think this is unfair on the buyers , it has now been widely reported the premier league gave nothing but positive noises to the buyers about passing the test up until june , then hoffman turned up .

Man, fuck Bein Jacobs.

I guess we'll see what the NUST meeting produces later, any formal answer to what PIF need to do to make the takeover happen and I'd assume that the Prem will be opening the door further to potential legal proceedings against them. If the Prem confirm that the documents already produced by the Saudi government aren't enough in their eyes then there's a case to be had imo. There's no reason for the Prem not to hold those documents as legally binding, regardless of whether there's a perceived threat of the ruler's actual power over his own government. That said, I still don't see why PIF don't just restructure the deal if that's also an option to get it passed. Either by upping the percentages for AS or the Reubens, or by setting up an autonomous fan's percentage, donated to the NUST which could then be floated to the fanbase as shares.

God forbid a reporter actually goes dark when they say they're on vacation. I wish he were more like Edwards; 'busy' when someone challenges him then conveniently returns just in time to gloat about something.

Speaking of which....

:lol: