Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Meh, just take 17 weeks to inform the whoppers and even then, just shrug and scratch your bollocks. Seems to be how to get your way.

So what happens if they don't formally withdraw?

Nothing I'd imagine?

Just waiting for the PL to announce officially they're re-starting the process from scratch on Monday  :lol:

The league blocked a willing investor in club and region - but their process is meant to protect the member club.

Yeah ok.

The league only cares about its friends.

I don't get that, they have very pubically withdrawn.  This isn't going anywhere I don't think

Like I said already, it's one last roll oftl the dice to put pressure on. It's all at the PL door now, no more lies and misinformation from the PL. It may work, it may not, but expect things to move quickly to a resolution now.

One interesting thing for me is hat they supposedly met to discuss putting harder pressure on the PL but instead decided to pull out.

Almost like it’s preemptive to the claims that they are just calling the PLs bluff.

Think by the skin of my teeth I remain a Manorparkian

Be sorted by this time next week.

Friday 3pm.

Maybe even today  :lol:

Seriously though didn't gm hear thry were going to say yes, PL could easily turn around and state we were only days away from a decision and save a lot of drama.

One interesting thing for me is hat they supposedly met to discuss putting harder pressure on the PL but instead decided to pull out.

Almost like it’s preemptive to the claims that they are just calling the PLs bluff.

Think by the skin of my teeth I remain a Manorparkian

I'm still in. I'll give it 2 weeks, any action from external sources and PL will come quickly or not at all.

Guest reefatoon

image.png?w=500&c=1

Its gone.

I know :'(

Hey whatever way people need to process this is good with me matey. You want to still have hope, you go for it man.

Let’s say Ashley said he no longer can support us, or no longer wants too and puts us into admin.

Would the Premier League still deduct us 9 points even though he tried to sell to a willing buyer who had enough funds who they wouldn’t approve? The answer is yes and an indication of how fucked up the system is.

I honestly hope the takeover goes through and we once and for all pull all the football rules which prevent open competition. Fucking disgrace.

Shows the big clubs in this league even offering a hint of creating a european super league is enough to stop the PL given anyone else a chance to complete.

The likes of Liverpool and Man United are far too powerful.

All those fans taking the piss out of us, unless you're a fan of the "big 6" you're fucked too.

There’s no way the PL will now wave this through. Why would they, if they do say anything it’ll be either that the buyers have pulled out or that the test hasn’t been completed.

The consortium may be hoping for a change of heart before they formally tell the PL of their decision but it’ll come. The PL has shown where their loyalty lies.

It should bring into sharp focus that the top echelon of the PL is a closed shop if there’s any sign of a threat. Pity they can’t trot off and start a non relegation European Super League so we can try and enjoy, may be even compete, in the league again.