Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm just reflecting on it again, I think its confirmation that in not only done with Newcastle, but I'm done with English football.

What's the point in it all? The PL have bottled a decision, not wanting to upset the established top six and Qatar - so the deck is stacked against us from the off. They're happy for us to be taken over as long as we don't rock the boat and don't challenge the status quo.

Why follow a competition where 7th is the new 1st and the best you can hope to achieve is mediocrity, its utterly pointless . Like everything, money has sucked the enjoyment out of the game. My interest was already waning, but this us the final nail in the coffin. I'll still follow football, but fuck the PL.

As with Staveley's previous takeover attempt, Caulkin seems to have some exclusive access to her.

On the one hand, he gets information and access that the others don't have. On the other hand, that information can be propaganda as much as hard facts.

Staveley is scapegoating the Premier League and two clubs in particular. But it looks like the issue of the Saudi government's complicity with BeOut has never been completely resolved. If the Saudis were complicit and they have a controlling interest in our club, then that's a big problem. PIF have attempted to circumvent that by portraying themselves as an independent company, but that hasn't been convincing. That's not to mention the human rights issue, of course.

My desire to see my club in the hands of the seriously rich tended to be stronger than my willingness to face up to the reality of those issues. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

agree with this pretty much, its good we're at least getting some kind of story however it is only one side of the story and the premier league thus far aren't saying much so its going uncontested. I have a few doubts about her version of events regarding the PL as via Caulkin she was saying no red flags etc etc when there was at least two very large red flags in the proposed structure for the board and the beoutq issue. Hopefully somebody will get some story from the premier league so we can at least hear their version of events and compare and contrast the differences

Don't know what people want from Caulkin like, going on like he should have a crystal ball.

I dunno, checking out his sources would do for a start.

Facts can change, new evidence can come to light, what is true one day might not be true the next.

Don't know what people want from Caulkin like, going on like he should have a crystal ball.

Facts can change, new evidence can come to light, what is true one day might not be true the next.

That would be fair enough, but we were four months in and he's never waivered.  ???

Might want to check that fact O0

I find it odd that everyone is saying Mauriss isn't a real bidder and Luke Edwards is absolutely adamant.

I have a feeling it's something Ashley/Barnes/Bishop cooked up to use as leverage against the buyers and their bluff was called by PIF.

That petition has just hit the 14,000 mark. Seems to have gained a little traction.

How many do they need for it to be brought up parliament?

Unless it's changed, 10000 used to be enough to get it proposed for debate. Doesn't mean it will be debated though, just put to the Speaker

Guest reefatoon

Aye, Edwards is going to look even more of a daft cunt when he eventually realises Henry Mauriss isn’t even real.

That petition has just hit the 14,000 mark. Seems to have gained a little traction.

How many do they need for it to be brought up parliament?

Unless it's changed, 10000 used to be enough to get it proposed for debate. Doesn't mean it will be debated though, just put to the Speaker

10,000 for a response from Govt; 100,000 "considered" for a debate.

I find it odd that everyone is saying Mauriss isn't a real bidder and Luke Edwards is absolutely adamant.

Just like with Bruce the only reason Luke Edwards is giving credibility to Mauriss is because he is getting fed information and if Mauriss does buy the club he would have inside information on how the club operates. Thats all he cares about not if Mauriss is good for the club, but that it benefits him personally.

For a guy who in the previous takeovers always preached skepticism and caution he has been very quick to not beat Mauriss with the same stick.  If you heard the way Edwards talked about him you would forgive anyone for thinking he was Mauriss's pr consultant rather than a journalist. Edwards has always said takeovers should not be played out in public yet a month ago Mauriss was leaking to every journalist he had bid £350 million for the club yet there was no push back whatsoever about this being played out in public.

Yesterday he posted an article about how Mauriss could own the club before the start of next season. Everyone asked Edwards for information on him because the article was apparently lacking in detail and Edwards couldn't give any answers. We still don't what Mauriss's intentions are, how much he is worth, how he is going to fund this takeover or why since being interested in buying the club since last November that he hasn't even looked through the clubs books yet.

Newcastle's statement today suggested that Mauriss isn't waiting in the wings to buy the club before next season starts. The fact Ashley is hoping the PIF takeover could be resurrected does not tell me Ashley is talking to any other interested parties at the moment.

so for Penn and Glen Johnson over here - you're aiming your frustrations at a journalist who had a line into what was likely our future CEO under new ownership and was telling us whatever he was told - and again, you're blaming him. You're having a go at him. You're wasting your precious time trying to say he should have dug even further into this.

No not at all blaming him for anything. Just stating that if he was releasing information which was getting people hopes up (which he was) he should have had some genuine confirmation from another source. What he's been doing is effectively interviewing and publishing like it was the true situation rather than reporting facts

good god almighty

:lol: My exact response.

It's things like that which make me think we don't deserve good things.  Jesus, what a fuckin mess. :lol:

Imagine making/posting that thinking it was a good thing to do.