Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

PL should’ve done everything to get KSA investment into UK due this debt situation. But they didn’t.

Ksa aren't going to pay off or national debt because they own a football club  :lol:

They were going to invest in an area in need of investment at a time when a lot if investment is being pulled apparently.

Again, that's not the PL's problem.

Didn't say it was, just replying to the previous post comments about paying off national debts etc

Eventually got a response fro my MP.....decided to use real name Incase she’d ever heard of “Jinky Jim”

What did confuse me was a reference to “ I have seen the recent email sent to Newcastle fans from the Independent Football Ombudsman”.....When did that happen.....did i miss it.

Dear David,

Many thanks for taking the time to write to me.

I appreciate that many Newcastle fans were hoping this takeover bid would go ahead and can understand their sense of disappointment. This was entirely a matter for the parties concerned, with no involvement from Government. Ministers did not hold any discussions with sports national governing bodies or sports rights holders on the potential sale of Newcastle United FC. Any sale is a matter for the interested parties, and for the Premier League to assess under its Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

I have seen the recent email sent to Newcastle fans from the Independent Football Ombudsman and agree with their conclusion that the Premier League should make a statement on this case. I am pleased that the Ombudsman has committed to advising the Premier League to provide a statement. There must be clarity on why there was a significant delay in a decision being made, and on the reasons why the consortium decided to withdraw their bid.

I would like to assure you that Saudi Arabia remains a human rights priority country for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, particularly because of its use of the death penalty and restrictions on women’s rights, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and freedom of religion or belief. It is right that the UK Government continues to raise its concerns with the Saudi Arabian authorities using a range of Ministerial and diplomatic channels of communication, including its Ambassador and the Embassy team in Riyadh. The Foreign Secretary raised the UK’s concerns with Saudi Arabia during his visit in March this year.

I’m sending out a regular newsletter and updates on the COVID-19 crisis, do let me know if you’d like to receive them.

Stay well –

Alicia

Alicia Kearns MP

Member of Parliament for Rutland and Melton

Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee and National Security Strategy Joint Committee

The deal is dead ffs man, can't wring anymore water from that brick.

Unless we hear something to the contrary from the very party that withdrew their interest everything else going on is bullshit clickbait.

If Staveley and the Reubens want the club so badly, they will put together their own deal, without the Saudis. Once they own the club, they can worry about Saudi investment later, or not at all.

If Staveley (who was happy to go it alone 2 years ago) and the Reubens arent interested without Saudi backing, they might not be the right people for the club anyway.

Perhaps there is scenario where the Saudis are the smallest stake holders and therefore it would remove any issue of ownership from the test.

My point is, if they want the club, they will do what it takes, or they arent the right people.

aye. let's change the title to the "It's all over" thread.

We don't have to be so negative :lol:

But it's shit like that independent article which is based on next to no substance and it perpetuates that the deal is still alive and well.

Pity we don't even have football to keep us distracted, the actual playing side of our club is in tatters too  :lol:

I think the only dream left for those who want to dream is Staveley wins her billion-and-a-half lawsuit and fills the hole herself.

That would work for me, TBH. Reubens may also up their stake slightly if she was putting in the rest. Then the KSA/PIF can stay out of it and it should sail through. #Clutching

Just need her to win that court case now. October is it?

The initial aim was a takeover at last seasons end so new owners could step in and the transfer window would be interesting. As it is, we stumble into next season, and if a takeover happens now, even if it takes weeks/months, then so be it. This season is already a write off, so anything positive will be a bonus.

"A wild Sean appears"

:snod: :p

PL should’ve done everything to get KSA investment into UK due this debt situation. But they didn’t.

Ksa aren't going to pay off or national debt because they own a football club  :lol:

They were going to invest in an area in need of investment at a time when a lot if investment is being pulled apparently.

Again, that's not the PL's problem.

Didn't say it was, just replying to the previous post comments about paying off national debts etc

Yeah I know, but we just need to come to terms with the idea that NUFC matters more to us than it does to anyone else. If we lose out on investment in the club and city the PL don't really care as long as they have a core of big clubs they can sell abroad. Same goes for PIF at the end of the day, they will only stand at the door for so long, otherwise they have other places they can take their money.

The only ones who are getting shafted here are NUFC really.

It's dead. I guess a compromise is pif splitting off a convincingly independent enough slice of itself into a smaller find not associated with mbs. Doubt they'd be bothered to do that and also probably would basically be clearly phoney